Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-22-2013, 12:57 AM   #16
Col
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by asr54 Quote
Thanks for that, cannot wait to get mine, latest is beginning of Novemeber, quick one reply to Col yes mate i am the same person as on DPR, if you asked i would have told you that. I know we have had good banter in the past, hope it continues that way.
Aha! Each time I'm up on the Norfolk coast & I see someone carrying a Pentax (and I've seen a few) I try to work out if they look like a guardsman.

Why the transposition (joined PF 9 years later)?

10-22-2013, 02:23 AM   #17
Inactive Account

COL.

I dont have any brand loyalty, i had to leave for awhile long story, but if something fits my brief then i go for it, as far as pentax goes i do love the system and lens they offer.
You get so much for your money, the IQ and WS is second to none, in fact when i go through mu images its the pentax gear that seems best and for now im a happy bunny mate.

Apart from a few people stabbing me in the back, another story im big enough to take it Lol, im staying with pentax.

Regards Alan.
10-22-2013, 04:45 AM   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Col Quote
Yes you can't ask for more flexibility than that.

When the slider is on unlock: the central mode button is held down permanently and the Mode selector is free to turn (as K20). On Lock: the button is raised and the mode selector works exactly as on K7/5
I am very happy to see the lock/unlock option. I found the K-5 lock annoying. I just hope the unlocked mode dial is like the K20, and not like the K-x and Q. On the K20, the dial stays where I set it. On the K-x and Q, it moves at a slight brush, as in placing or removing the camera from the bag. I have made and deleted a lot of very short movies, always with the same dialog, "WTF is wrong with this camera?"

Nice job on the video Adam, seeing the differences is so much better than reading about them. I can't wait for my K-3 to arrive.
10-22-2013, 11:42 AM   #19
Col
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Well the pre-production felt just like my old K20... and of course you can't slip into movie mode, as it's not there!