Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-26-2013, 07:18 AM   #46
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by repaap Quote
I don't want a hen magnet.

And since I have a wifey, don't need a chick maget either, but what can you do. Must have one.
I have a great wifey too. It's not the "I'm looking" thing, it's the ego thing, and bragging rights with the guys down at the barber shop.

10-26-2013, 07:23 AM - 1 Like   #47
Col
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by dadipentak Quote
I'm going to get a K-3 because it's gonna be such a chick magnet. Also too, it takes pictures.
Click magnet.
10-26-2013, 07:29 AM   #48
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Col Quote
Get a grip man.
Maybe, but I was hoping to save the cost.

I use a grip whenever I use external flash. My plan is to use the K20D with flash. I have the grip already, and I know the K20D has reliable flash performance. Flash makes up for the K20D's poor low light AF by adding AF Assist. For a wedding or event, I would use the gripped K20D with flash and zoom, and the K-3 with primes.

The other scenario where I sometimes use a grip is with the DA*300. Whether I get a grip for the K-3 mostly depends on how it balances with a long lens. I do like AA battery backup though, and it is a pull.
10-26-2013, 07:32 AM   #49
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Is there such a thing as a Hen magnet?
Translating that into modern parlance, 'MILF magnet' is how I'd phrase it.

10-26-2013, 07:36 AM   #50
Col
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
Yep its got a specific MIrror Lock Function, though I'm not sure it uses a magnet.
10-26-2013, 07:46 AM   #51
Pentaxian

I have a great wifey too. It's not the "I'm looking" thing, it's the ego thing, and bragging rights with the guys down at the barber shop.
I know...had to write it down at here just in case. That's what it really get's down to, showing it to the 'boys' and bursting away... BTW this kind a thiings usually ends up to be disaster. You know, 'Here! Let me show you how it's done...' and so.
10-26-2013, 07:51 AM   #52
Pentaxian

Yep its got a specific MIrror Lock Function, though I'm not sure it uses a magnet.
That's how all magicians do it. With magnets, and this is pure magic.

10-26-2013, 07:58 AM   #53
Pentaxian

Original Poster
That's how all magicians do it. With magnets, and this is pure magic.
Well the whole sensor shift/shake reduction/ dirt cleaning thing is done with magnets... is that at all related to the Mirror Lock Function?
10-26-2013, 08:06 AM   #54
Veteran Member

is that at all related to the Mirror Lock Function
Yep. Dirty twerking is part of the MILF function. See the manual for how it works.
10-26-2013, 08:10 AM   #55
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I know...had to write it down at here just in case. That's what it really get's down to, showing it to the 'boys' and bursting away... BTW this kind a thiings usually ends up to be disaster. You know, 'Here! Let me show you how it's done...' and so.
Whenever I see someone firing off long bursts like that, I can't help thinking "shutter count".

Viewing, processing and deleting dozens of photos of the same subject is boring in the extreme. I will stay with the K-3's intermediate burst speeds for most of my shooting. The K20D shoots 3 fps, and that's my default. My natural motion allows me to take one shot and release before the second shot. If I want more, I don't raise my finger. Three or four fps suits me just fine. OTOH, for BIF, I will go crazy with burst rate.
10-26-2013, 08:12 AM   #56
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by audiobomber Quote
My natural motion allows me to take one shot and release before the second shot. If I want more, I don't raise my finger.
Are we still talking photography here, or have we all gone completely into the gutter
10-26-2013, 08:13 AM   #57
Col
Veteran Member

Whenever I see someone firing off long bursts like that, I can't help thinking "shutter count".
Yes, whilst the shutter is now rated for 200k rather than 100k actuations, It doesn't follow that it will last any longer (years).

Last edited by Col; 10-26-2013 at 08:28 AM.
10-26-2013, 08:25 AM   #58
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Yes, whilst the shutter is now related for 200k rather than 100k actuations, It doesn't follow that it will last any longer.
SInce one guy got 400,000 activations on his shutter, shouldn't it mean his next camera will get 800,000 activations? Or did they just change the number to reflect what people were getting, on the same shutter?
10-26-2013, 09:53 AM   #59
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
Ewwwww. Not mine. Ewwwwww.
10-26-2013, 10:48 AM   #60
Pentaxian

Viewing, processing and deleting dozens of photos of the same subject is boring in the extreme. I will stay with the K-3's intermediate burst speeds for most of my shooting. The K20D shoots 3 fps, and that's my default. My natural motion allows me to take one shot and release before the second shot. If I want more, I don't raise my finger. Three or four fps suits me just fine. OTOH, for BIF, I will go crazy with burst rate.
I don't really use even 6.3frames/s on my K-7. It is really rare, and usually people gives me kind a look of'what are you doing, man'. But, I do use that feature when needed. These tests...well I'm happy that people are doing those, so I don't have to(tries to save some shutterlife too)