10-22-2013, 02:04 PM   #31
Pentaxian

Slick. Good job..
..must
..resist

10-22-2013, 02:13 PM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Still think it was a missed opportunity to not have "video all shot with K3" at the end of the video. Would have given the video that much more selling push.
10-22-2013, 02:25 PM   #33
Pentaxian

Although I'm not likely to get a K-3 in the near future - I'm satisfied with my K-5 II for now - I find that this well-done promotional video strikes an emotional chord. Few of us would ever be in a position to capture images of a ballet artist, but imagine several additional similar ads that would resonate with buyers' and users' emotions: e.g., mountain climbing, family, wildlife, scenic landscape beauty.

- Craig
10-22-2013, 02:30 PM   #34
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by c.a.m Quote
...imagine several additional similar ads that would resonate with buyers' and users' emotions: e.g., mountain climbing, family, wildlife, scenic landscape beauty.
I'd like them to see them do ads featuring live music gig shooters and other event shooters. Plus doing weddings. Don't forget weddings.

10-22-2013, 02:37 PM   #35
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mamethot Quote
Did Mr Birnbach switch systems to Pentax since this shoot?
Not sure, but looking through his blog, he's mentions Canon 5D Mk II and Pentax 645D.
There's even a mention of some of his ballet photographs being displayed at the Pentax PhotoPlus Expo 2012.
10-22-2013, 02:43 PM   #36
Pentaxian

By the way, could this be the work of the new Marketing Director, Mr. Brian McIntosh?
10-22-2013, 03:18 PM   #37
Col
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
By the way, could this be the work of the new Marketing Director, Mr. Brian McIntosh?
A marked change from his first attempt
Got to love the classics.
10-22-2013, 03:21 PM   #38
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mamethot Quote
Did Mr Birnbach switch systems to Pentax since this shoot?
I think a lot of pros (and non-pros) may comfortably use more than one camera brand, depending on what they like and what they need to do.

10-22-2013, 11:59 PM   #39
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Col Quote
A marked change from his first attempt
Got to love the classics.
He only started in August
10-23-2013, 01:05 AM   #40
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
I think a lot of pros (and non-pros) may comfortably use more than one camera brand, depending on what they like and what they need to do.
What ever it needs to be done. For me it is only pentax, because I can't afford two systems and I'm pretty pleased what I can do, I'm nowhere near pro. Tools that I choose For my work, It does only matter that what is working for me and is durable, and pleases also my eye...
10-23-2013, 01:40 AM   #41

As expectable (really) in his league, Allen Birnbach doesn't do his professional work with a Pentax, but with a FF Canon (a quote from his blog: "while I shot on the Canon 5D MkIII").

Never forget, that this a professional advert, where he got money to perform in a presentation for Ricoh.

His only product message I still memorize from him, a couple of minutes after having seen the advert, is that he felt comfortable using the K-3. Well, I could say the very same about my cute little point&shoot cam (Fuji XF1). Still I wouldn't switch over from my Pentax APSC to the Fuji XF1, only because I feel comfortable using the XF1. Likewise, Allen wouldn't ever switch from his Canon FF &lenses to Pentax APSC, I suppose.

I see this vid as a friendly teaser, but it contains to few persuasions to persuade anyone outside of our fan community to switch over to the Pentax K-3.

Last edited by Frater; 10-23-2013 at 02:53 AM.
10-23-2013, 03:08 AM   #42

Dont forget to post these link on your facebook.
10-23-2013, 05:20 AM - 1 Like   #43
Site Supporter

Glass Half Empty?

QuoteOriginally posted by Frater Quote
As expectable (really) in his league, Allen Birnbach doesn't do his professional work with a Pentax, but with a FF Canon (a quote from his blog: "while I shot on the Canon 5D MkIII").

Never forget, that this a professional advert, where he got money to perform in a presentation for Ricoh.

His only product message I still memorize from him, a couple of minutes after having seen the advert, is that he felt comfortable using the K-3. Well, I could say the very same about my cute little point&shoot cam (Fuji XF1). Still I wouldn't switch over from my Pentax APSC to the Fuji XF1, only because I feel comfortable using the XF1. Likewise, Allen wouldn't ever switch from his Canon FF &lenses to Pentax APSC, I suppose.

I see this vid as a friendly teaser, but it contains to few persuasions to persuade anyone outside of our fan community to switch over to the Pentax K-3.
Well, that's about the most negative spin you could put on this video. Do you really expect him to compare it to the $3,400 FF Canon?
Even if viewers knew he (normally) shoots with high-end pro FF gear, he's citing the fast FPS rate while using follow-focus, reviewing live both in-camera and off, firing strobes, displaying the dual-card capability and showing stills that (we assume by their reactions) both he and the model are pleased with. Oh, yes, and he's comfortable using the camera. This, with a camera that costs $2000 less than the Canon 5D MkIII.
So, no, the FF Canon and Nikon faithful aren't going to dump everything to pre-order the K-3. Does anyone in their right mind believe that's the intent?
The K-3 is no more competing with Mk 111's than with Fuji XF1's. Apples and oranges. It's for APS-C users who want pro or near-pro capabilities in a smaller size (both physically and format-wise), less expensive and user-friendly. Both within and outside our 'fan community'.
Then again, people see what they want to see.
JMO
Ron
10-23-2013, 05:32 AM   #44
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
Well according to the copyright on the images it the project work of Rachel Shaver
Digital Marketing & Content Professional: RICOH IMAGING AMERICAS CORP

So guess the same team.
10-23-2013, 09:20 AM   #45
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by rbefly Quote
Well, that's about the most negative spin you could put on this video
Thanks Ron. I'm mystified by the unrelenting desire to denigrate Pentax and Ricoh.