Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-27-2013, 03:43 PM   #31
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I've pre-ordered the normal K-3 and the D-BG5 from a local store here in Finland. Interestingly enough they list the limited K-3 for the same price as the normal K-3 + battery grip + extra battery (1499€ vs 1487€).

10-27-2013, 03:58 PM   #32
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Paul Hunt Quote
hand strap
Hi Paul

Let me know if you can workout your handstrap. I have put mine in the puzzle box. There are no instructions just a couple of online photos to look at.
10-27-2013, 05:34 PM   #33
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by dane.dawg Quote
Just sold one of my K-5s today so I will preorder from Henrys Monday..
Great! I've got one coming. When we get them I'll wander over your way to shoot eagles. We can either rejoice or commiserate.
10-28-2013, 02:32 AM   #34
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I ordered the BG from B&H and loaded up with a few extra items in the same order - eg extra battery (way cheaper than in Oz), hand strap, etc - to get the best value out of the shipping charge.
Thanks Paul, I looked at the B&H site after Rawr suggested we do so. The cheapest freight I could get was $36 or so... that's an 18% surcharge on the cost of the grip...I could of course do as you did and just get more stuff to amortise the freight, but I already have 6 or 7 batteries...and more gear than is probably sane to admit to....

I'd rather get a batt grip locally if I can, but CRK don't seem to know when they will have some stock.

10-28-2013, 03:15 AM   #35
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Bob from Aus Quote
Hi Paul

Let me know if you can workout your handstrap. I have put mine in the puzzle box. There are no instructions just a couple of online photos to look at.
Which handstrap? I've ordered an OP/TECH OP/TECH USA Grip Strap 6701242 B&H Photo Video

These seem pretty straightforward from the PDF instructions from the manufacturer.
10-28-2013, 04:20 AM   #36
Veteran Member

Which handstrap?
Sorry, I purchased something similar, but it was a pentax product Pentax DSLR Leather Hand Strap 85101 B&H Photo Video
11-06-2013, 11:11 AM   #37
Veteran Member

Just pressed the Send Money button

QuoteOriginally posted by lister6520 Quote
Thanks Lars and ChrisJ,

I tried the two Swedish shops but I'm having to rely on Google to translate and cannot even figure out whether they will deliver to my country. Tried also SRS but they deliver to only some EU countries, well most of them actually but not mine :-(

I have sent them an email anyway as in the past I have purchased stuff from them on eBay and never had problems with delivery.
I've just pressed the 'send money' button. Took me some time to find someone who will ship to my country, Clifton Cameras in the UK. Fortunately I could not find a silver one