Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-15-2015, 01:52 AM   #76
Veteran Member

It runs in a browser, so the phone OS should not matter, in theory. I also use WP and would be interested in compatibility with mobile IE.

01-15-2015, 02:07 AM   #77

Or Spartan

But I'm not sure its worth it to shell out so much more money for a Flucard with remote capabilities. Anyway, thanks all for the infos!
01-15-2015, 02:51 AM   #78
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by dicks Quote

But I'm not sure its worth it to shell out so much more money for a Flucard with remote capabilities.
$50 is a lot in photography????
01-15-2015, 03:11 AM   #79

I think you misinterpreted. $50 for a Flucard with 32GB is OK. Paying significantly more for the original Pentax card with added remote control function is imho not.

01-15-2015, 04:30 AM   #80
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I think you misinterpreted. $50 for a Flucard with 32GB is OK. Paying significantly more for the original Pentax card with added remote control function is imho not.
But isn't the original card (with remote control) about $50 more, albeit with half the capacity?
01-15-2015, 04:40 AM   #81
Veteran Member

Last time I checked, the Pentax 16GB Flu card was $99.
01-15-2015, 04:55 AM   #82
Pentaxian

They are two very different products. One is for uploading photos the other is for camera control. Of you want Wi-Fi upload, buy the standard flucard or other similar ones, eyefi for example. If you want camera control, you get the Pentax flu. They don't do the same things.

01-15-2015, 09:22 AM   #83
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thanks, I have Windows Phone so the remote control is of no interest
I have a new BlackBerry and the remote control works in my browser, even though it isn't officially reported as doing so.
07-02-2016, 11:53 AM   #84
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by gebco Quote
I have a new BlackBerry and the remote control works in my browser, even though it isn't officially reported as doing so.
Resurrecting this thread because I've become interested in this functionality. I'm by-and-large only interested in uploading to my phone, which also happens to be a Blackberry (Passport SE). Which BB model are you running this on and can you describe the experience just a little. Tempted to grab one but $100 (price does not seem to have changed at all) is a bit of scratch especially if it isn't much fun to use. I could see myself using remote control but it's largely not needed as I have a remote for the camera, I'd just like to review/quick-edit on my phone from time to time. Thanks!
07-02-2016, 05:40 PM   #85
Forum Member

I picked up a 2nd hand K3 last week and the eye-fi card I was using in my K50 seems to work really well in the K3, much more reliable for some reason. I've only tested on iOS. It's only a 8gb model but works really well in slot2 for jpegs with the raw's going to the card in slot1.
07-04-2016, 07:51 AM - 1 Like   #86
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by chickentender Quote
Resurrecting this thread because I've become interested in this functionality. I'm by-and-large only interested in uploading to my phone, which also happens to be a Blackberry (Passport SE). Which BB model are you running this on and can you describe the experience just a little. Tempted to grab one but $100 (price does not seem to have changed at all) is a bit of scratch especially if it isn't much fun to use. I could see myself using remote control but it's largely not needed as I have a remote for the camera, I'd just like to review/quick-edit on my phone from time to time. Thanks!
I have a Z30 which I think has a bit less processing power than your Passport. I find that uploading the pics from the card to the phone works but slowly. Essentially it is uploading a full size jpeg each time. If you are doing several pics it can take a while. But I do like it for the odd time I want to post pics to FB, Twitter, etc.
I haven't used the function in a while. I will do a timed test in a couple of days and let you know.
Just a note: I cannot get my computer to read the card properly. When I put it in the card reader, the card beeps as if looking for a wifi connection then stops, and the computer cannot access. The only way of accessing is by plugging the camera in.
07-06-2016, 02:33 PM   #87
Veteran Member

I just put my Flu Card back into my K3 and connected to my Z30. It was actually a lot faster than I remembered. The thumbnails displayed fairly quickly, and loading a 14 mb jpeg to my phone took a few seconds. Only drawback is that you cannot just hold a thumbnail, select more and then copy, as it will only copy the thumbnail, not the full size pic. You need to tap on each thumbnail one at a time, and save each pic one at a time.