Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-23-2013, 02:28 PM   #16

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bxf Quote
Yeah, I also use this technique to make my photos look better
Also works well when doing PP work. Those difficult exposures just seem to pop with a glass of wine.

Richard.

10-23-2013, 05:28 PM - 3 Likes   #17
Veteran Member

Wow AA filter less is amazing!
10-24-2013, 09:49 AM   #18

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by lightbulb Quote
Yes, that is truly amazing. Pictures like that make me realize just how lucky we are, to have such fantastic gear to use.

Richard.
10-26-2013, 04:45 AM   #19

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Richard Spencer Quote
We are getting close to having the first batch of K3s in our hands. The posts here and elsewhere will make good reading.

Comments such as :-

Fantastic camera - best viewfinder - wonderful high ISO ability - worth every penny/cent - flash problems solved at last - fits my hands perfectly - AA filter system out of this world - better than FF - Ricoh is better than any other company - all controls are exactly in the right place - menu system is easy to use - auto focus and tracking perfect - etc.

will be everywhere and people will be over the moon with pleasure. However, it will not be long before posts with comments like :-

I`ve got a problem with K3 - menu system is a nightmare - compared to Nikon the flash is a joke - compared to Canon the auto focus tracking is a joke - why have Pentax done this? - why have Pentax not done that - camera is too heavy - light - big - small - my pp system does not recognise the RAW files - memory cards are difficult to remove - I should have bought FF - etc.

For me this is all good stuff, I will go out most days taking pictures, and spend the dark winter evenings with a bottle of wine looking at my photos, and then reading these posts. I hope the more I drink, the more hilarious they become.

Richard.
I have ordered more wine and just about organised for the big days that are ahead of me. Out all day taking pictures and drinking wine all evening whilst looking at posts about the new K3. Life is good.

Richard, Tongue in cheek!

11-01-2013, 09:59 AM   #20

Original Poster
So far so good, people are very happy. The truth is I am very envious, but I cannot really afford a K-3 at the moment.

My upgrade path is, a K5IIs early in the new year and a K-3 at the end of its production run when the price will have dropped considerably.

Time for more wine.

Richard.
11-01-2013, 10:05 AM   #21
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
So far so good, people are very happy. The truth is I am very envious, but I cannot really afford a K-3 at the moment.

My upgrade path is, a K5IIs early in the new year and a K-3 at the end of its production run when the price will have dropped considerably.

Time for more wine.

Richard.
Richard, look at the positive side... once the to-be-released FF comes out in 2014.... the price of K-3 may drop to your striking price. Hopefully sooner... and if the K-5 IIs stock is still available by then, you can also afford 2 K-5 IIs.
11-01-2013, 10:13 AM - 1 Like   #22
Pentaxian

Burst mode is incredible….

Having a feed

A challenge to my spot

To the victor go the spoils

Captured in less than a half second.

11-01-2013, 10:20 AM   #23
Veteran Member

If a new FF is release, APS-c price will not drop . Two different market
11-01-2013, 10:46 AM   #24
Pentaxian

I'm in "the price will drop before Christmas" camp.
11-01-2013, 11:17 AM   #25
Col
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
I'm in the get it &... now Christmas is cancelled, coz I'm spent out, camp.
11-01-2013, 03:11 PM   #26

Photos: Albums
Id wait until black friday! I got my K01 with 40mm F2.8 lens brand new for $349. The K3 is so new, i dont know if it will drop any for the holidays, but all my major purchases are put on hold to "wait and see"
11-01-2013, 03:41 PM   #27

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by lightbulb Quote
amazing! how many stacked images ?
11-03-2013, 04:48 PM   #28

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by aleonx3 Quote
Richard, look at the positive side... once the to-be-released FF comes out in 2014.... the price of K-3 may drop to your striking price. Hopefully sooner... and if the K-5 IIs stock is still available by then, you can also afford 2 K-5 IIs.
That seems good to me.

Richard.
11-03-2013, 04:49 PM   #29

Original Poster
Boy, I hope you are right.
11-03-2013, 05:09 PM   #30
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I'm in the camp that believes Ricoh releases cameras at a price they believe will stick for a long time (much closer to street price).

Boy, I hope you are right.
As soon as I have cash money (not credit card money) I'm ordering one, whatever the price is whenever I have cash money. Depending on whether I sell stuff that could be next Monday or next year.