Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-23-2013, 04:54 PM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Quicksand Quote
My experience with CRIS - and what I have noticed from other posts here - is that they special-order every single repair part from a warehouse in Japan and have someone paddle it over in a canoe.
Canoe? I thought they just put them in a watertight container and let them float in the current, like the tsunami debris that showed up months later.

That said, when my couple-years-out-of-production Navy K-x got a cracked chin plate, I wondered if the replacement would be plain black. It took six weeks, but it was blue!

10-23-2013, 09:47 PM   #17
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
If they use the same body for the full-frame (ok, I got to use the word "full frame" in this thread), then we'll definitely run out of silver parts. All the silver parts spares will be used to build the 40 full frame cameras...
10-24-2013, 01:42 AM   #18
Col
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Well in the UK I've been waiting over a month for a part to come in for my DA* lens. The repairer says that Ricoh have been reorganising/relocating its European spares department. Personally I suspect that as Conventry City Council have a major barny with the Football team (to the extent that they are now playing their home games in Northampton). A substantial storage location has become available:
10-24-2013, 03:41 AM   #19
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by lister6520 Quote
In one of the last pages of the manual it says:
"About PENTAX K-3 Premium Silver Edition
Should your camera malfunction, it shall be repaired under
the same policies as those for the standard K-3 model.
However, please be aware that should any external parts
of your camera need to be replaced, the color of the
replacement parts may be the same as that for the standard
K-3 model
."

What *!@@*!!?

This is very disappointing and something I would never have expected from Pentax, or even Ricoh for that matter. Is it really that difficult to keep a few 'silver' parts in stock? I would even be willing to pay some small premium for the different coloured part if they offered that option but having a 'Premium Silver Edition' turned into a 'Carnival Multicolour Edition' is not really acceptable in any circumstance. This is just wrong.
Sounds like commonsense to me !