Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 19 Likes Search this Thread
10-30-2013, 01:52 AM   #31
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Great news!
Looking forward to the first user reports.

10-30-2013, 02:32 AM   #32

My vendor in France said that they left Pentax early this week and that he hopes to get them by today or tommorrow at the latest.
So just some more patience on my side :-).
10-30-2013, 02:47 AM - 1 Like   #33
Veteran Member

I guess it won't be long now before we start seeing the first K-3 'unboxing' videos on YouTube.
10-30-2013, 05:13 AM   #34

QuoteOriginally posted by shaX 07 Quote
Did you mean K-3?
Yes, I meant K-3, late night typing, I guess this is as good a time to get it as any. I first read it was the second coming of the best APC ever even matching the D600 in IQ. Blazing fast with many new or better features. This is a recepy for disappointment for sure because the camera could never live up to the hype. Then in just the last two days, IQ is worse than K-5 at High ISO and AF is just a tad better than if at all than the same body I already own. So now I have heard both extremes, it balances the expectations of great or abismal. Since I own the K-5 plus Sigma DP1and2M and the Fuji X-E1, I will have some fun finding it's strengths and weakness minus any real preconceptions. Who knows, it may be neither great nor bad but may be what I was looking for in the first place. I will know soon enough. Now to figure out how to be home this afternoon to greet this mystery guest when UPS arrives.

10-30-2013, 05:43 AM   #35
Veteran Member

Canada Post has opened in the East Coast as of posting time, I wonder if someone is getting it today
10-30-2013, 05:46 AM   #36
Veteran Member

Original Poster
It has reached Montreal facilities this AM...who knows ;-)
10-30-2013, 06:07 AM - 1 Like   #37
Pentaxian

Wooo hooo, mine will ship this afternoon, they were going to hold it until the FLUcard comes in, good thing I saw this and phoned.

Last edited by normhead; 10-30-2013 at 06:39 AM.
10-30-2013, 06:23 AM   #38
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by djc737 Quote
Yes, I meant K-3, late night typing, I guess this is as good a time to get it as any. I first read it was the second coming of the best APC ever even matching the D600 in IQ. Blazing fast with many new or better features. This is a recepy for disappointment for sure because the camera could never live up to the hype. Then in just the last two days, IQ is worse than K-5 at High ISO and AF is just a tad better than if at all than the same body I already own. So now I have heard both extremes, it balances the expectations of great or abismal. Since I own the K-5 plus Sigma DP1and2M and the Fuji X-E1, I will have some fun finding it's strengths and weakness minus any real preconceptions. Who knows, it may be neither great nor bad but may be what I was looking for in the first place. I will know soon enough. Now to figure out how to be home this afternoon to greet this mystery guest when UPS arrives.
Well if you decide that the K-3 isn't enough of an improvement for you, something tells me it wouldn't be very hard to sell the first used K-3 on this forum, especially 6-7 weeks before Christmas
10-30-2013, 06:40 AM   #39
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by shaX 07 Quote
Well if you decide that the K-3 isn't enough of an improvement for you
It will be interesting to read the initial reactions people have and their experiences.

In Nikonland a very similar process to the arrival of the K-3 happened when the D7100 was released. New buyers of that camera also had some reservations and anxious moments due to new features like the extra megapixels and removal of the AA filter.
10-30-2013, 07:32 AM   #40
Pentaxian

Henry's was holding mine until the Flucard arrived. They have no idea when it will show up. So they will be shipping mine today.
10-30-2013, 07:35 AM   #41
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I just called the local Henry's. They expect to receive my K-3 tomorrow.
10-30-2013, 07:37 AM   #42
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
It will be interesting to read the initial reactions people have and their experiences.

In Nikonland a very similar process to the arrival of the K-3 happened when the D7100 was released. New buyers of that camera also had some reservations and anxious moments due to new features like the extra megapixels and removal of the AA filter.
People have to consider what they replace with the new body. I am replacing a K200D, which I loved. I don't think I am wrong expecting nothing but a vast improvement in all areas.

Had I replaced a K-5IIs, I would certainly feel less of a increase in functionality and IQ.

We'll see anyway.
10-30-2013, 07:39 AM   #43
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My K-3 has been arrived at SRS Microsystems, i'll have it tomorrow.
10-30-2013, 08:18 AM - 1 Like   #44
Pentaxian

After reading this thread, I called Henry's to ask if I could pick it up mine downtown today, and they said "sorry, it goes from our warehouse to you, and our stores won't get units for at least two weeks with all the pre-orders we've had!" Apparently this first batch from Pentax Canada is already spoken for... so I will be ticked if it doesn't ship today (going all of 16 km via Canada Post). Happy Halloween K-3!!

BTW, the store manager I talked to said he was surprised at just how much impressive tech is inside the K-3, and the fact that their first shipment arrived *early* (last night), when they were told "some time in November." He assumes this is all because Ricoh bought Pentax, and I agree with him. Ricoh didn't get the cash to put their name on the Toronto coliseum by shipping late or under-delivering.

Last edited by panoguy; 10-30-2013 at 08:26 AM.
10-30-2013, 08:25 AM   #45
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by panoguy Quote
After reading this thread, I called Henry's to ask if I could pick it up mine downtown today, and they said "sorry, it goes from our warehouse to you, and our stores won't get units for at least two weeks with all the pre-orders we've had!" Apparently this first batch from Pentax Canada is already spoken for... so I will be ticked if it doesn't ship today (going all of 16 km via Canada Post). Happy Halloween K-3!!
Am I ever glad I pre-ordered, I was thinking of waiting and checking one out in the stores... but Joe.Penn was so happy with his D7100, I decided to just go ahead and pre-order. Saved me two weeks of misery. (oh and Tess was working on the pictures from the canoe trip yesterday, you should have a link soon).