Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-30-2013, 09:23 AM   #46
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Am I ever glad I pre-ordered, I was thinking of waiting and checking one out in the stores... but Joe.Penn was so happy with his D7100, I decided to just go ahead and pre-order. Saved me two weeks of misery.
Can't wait to see your comparison images from the Sigma Merrill and the K-3. B&H hasn't gotten their shipment yet (or at least the phone sales rep said they hadn't), so it looks like Canada and Japan are first! Of course, if you want to buy it from Japan, it'll cost you...

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
(oh and Tess was working on the pictures from the canoe trip yesterday, you should have a link soon).
Yep, got 'em. Some lovely sunsets in there, and Tess has quite the eye for color in the plant life! There was one person in the photos who couldn't keep her hat on straight, but otherwise... wonderful. Big thanks to both of you!

10-30-2013, 09:54 AM   #47
Col
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Papa Lazarou Quote
My K-3 has been arrived at SRS Microsystems, i'll have it tomorrow.
Sounds good, I've not heard from them yet... was your a kit deal?
Then again may be I shouldn't have been so trustful when they said I could have it in blue?
10-30-2013, 09:59 AM   #48
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

No, body only mate.
10-30-2013, 10:13 AM   #49

Bummer, Just receive the K-3. Added battery from K-5 and memory card and could not see clearly through VF. It appears the diopter adjustment does not function. They had one of these at one of the demos. Called the 800 number listed in documentation and they said to send it in for repair. They are crazy if they think I will send a brand new item in for repair. I had misgivings about this before I received it and now just want my money back. You guys and gals enjoy your new cameras, I will stick to my K-5 until I firgure out my next move.

10-30-2013, 10:20 AM   #50
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by djc737 Quote
Bummer, Just receive the K-3. Added battery from K-5 and memory card and could not see clearly through VF. It appears the diopter adjustment does not function. They had one of these at one of the demos. Called the 800 number listed in documentation and they said to send it in for repair. They are crazy if they think I will send a brand new item in for repair. I had misgivings about this before I received it and now just want my money back. You guys and gals enjoy your new cameras, I will stick to my K-5 until I firgure out my next move.
Bummer, tell them, if you send it in for a repair, it's not a new camera which you paid for, it's a refurb, and you'd want a substantial discount. You never recieved a functioning camera, and that's on them.
10-30-2013, 10:33 AM   #51
Pentaxian

I had misgivings about this before I received it and now just want my money back. You guys and gals enjoy your new cameras, I will stick to my K-5 until I firgure out my next move.
And so it begins...

At least post a photo of the K-3 so the rest of us know they are arriving in the US!
10-30-2013, 10:34 AM - 1 Like   #52
Veteran Member

Look strange ,you are in the USA and seem nobody have them except you

10-30-2013, 10:49 AM   #53
Veteran Member

Never heard of a store not letting you refund/exchange on a camera you just bought. I wouldn't have even bothered with tech support.
10-30-2013, 10:52 AM   #54

QuoteOriginally posted by PePe Quote
Great news!
Looking forward to the first user reports.
Indeed! Maybe we'll have some of those reports today!

I hope djc737's diopter issues was a fluke and that he is able to get it replaced directly from the vendor.
10-30-2013, 10:57 AM   #55
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Dr_who Quote
Never heard of a store not letting you refund/exchange on a camera you just bought. I wouldn't have even bothered with tech support.
I'm pretty sure up here legally they have to refund your money for 7 days, Henry's gives you 14, after that it's an over the counter swap for about another 2 weeks. But do they have any uncommitted cameras to swap for it? It sounds like Henry's doesn't.
10-30-2013, 10:58 AM   #56
Veteran Member

Mines also on route from Clifton Cameras. Hopefully will be here tomorrow!
10-30-2013, 11:10 AM   #57

It was the Pentax store...

QuoteOriginally posted by Dr_who Quote
I always used B&H but they are normally slow to ship new products. Got a brain storm to use the Pentax store itself. They did ship fast and first but their return policy is you pay to send it back. My bad.
10-30-2013, 11:36 AM   #58

Photos: Albums
I always used B&H but they are normally slow to ship new products. Got a brain storm to use the Pentax store itself. They did ship fast and first but their return policy is you pay to send it back. My bad.
Yes they are slow, B&H now says ship date is Nov 5th, The U.S cameras are coming by rowboat
10-30-2013, 11:41 AM   #59
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by panoguy Quote
Can't wait to see your comparison images from the Sigma Merrill and the K-3. B&H hasn't gotten their shipment yet (or at least the phone sales rep said they hadn't), so it looks like Canada and Japan are first!
Suprising because the Ricoh Canada website and the stores here in Quebec don't seem to get all the proper attention...
10-30-2013, 11:51 AM   #60
Forum Member

Just talked to B&H and they said they expect their K-3's to arrive early next week....They have about 40 coming in, and around 20 pre-orders, including mine. A bit disappointed on the timeline to say the least.