Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-31-2013, 11:13 AM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'll get one, I think - but not really soon. Too many bills to pay off, and that K5 keeps on clickin'.
I'm very enthusiastic about its features, though.

10-31-2013, 11:58 AM   #17
Forum Member

Yes I am going to get a K-3 I feel FOR SURE, once I hear the AF Performanc on a Production unit OR I might go by what the folks at Pentax Forums say when they get a Production unit, and I hope that won't be to long!
10-31-2013, 12:47 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I will be waiting for a bit

I ordered the Pentax K-5 the day it was anounced and think I might have been one of the first in canada to have it. It was clear from the get go that it was a special camera but... I returned it for an exchange twice after that due to the spot issue. So this time around I will be patient, besides I am kind of curious what the Nikon Df will be about. If the autofocus of the K-3 is much better I will probably go for it in a couple months.
10-31-2013, 01:49 PM   #19
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by NicoleC Quote
...or you can play Skyrim. I don't think there's enough time in the week for both.

There's not enough time for Skyrim and ANYTHING else. We have something in my house called Skyrim Time, it's where you think you've been playing for an hour or so, but 15 hours have gone by in the real world.

10-31-2013, 02:52 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by TER-OR Quote
I'll get one, I think - but not really soon. Too many bills to pay off, and that K5 keeps on clickin'.
I'm very enthusiastic about its features, though.
Ditto those bills. Back in May, I bought a MacBook pro so I could have an awesome tool for editing the K5's photos. I need to get it paid off. Even then, there is glass that I want. That will be sometime next year, so I expect that my K5 will continue to serve me just fine. Even without the MacBook payment, I simply can't afford to upgrade my body every time a new one comes out.

So, in other words, no.
10-31-2013, 03:28 PM   #21
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by hwblanks Quote
Ditto those bills. Back in May, I bought a MacBook pro so I could have an awesome tool for editing the K5's photos. I need to get it paid off. Even then, there is glass that I want. That will be sometime next year, so I expect that my K5 will continue to serve me just fine. Even without the MacBook payment, I simply can't afford to upgrade my body every time a new one comes out.

So, in other words, no.
I would consider selling your K-5 for a II or IIs if AF is very important to you. Those bodies have some great prices right now and AF is considerably improved over first gen K-5. That alone is worth the $200-$300 upgrade cost, at least to me. AF tracking is the only thing still not up to par, if that's even important to you.
11-02-2013, 07:06 AM   #22
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisA Quote
I'll be waiting for a while. I want to see the reviews first, especially of the AF.

That's the situation I am in, a wait and see!
11-02-2013, 09:19 AM   #23
Veteran Member

Probably around Xmas, got some other prio`s first.

QuoteOriginally posted by nomadkng Quote
I just bought an Alienware Aurora with 8 core i7 CPU, 32GB RAM and dual 760 GTX GPUS, jst for that purpose,,, well that and Crysis 3, Metro Last Night, Skyrim and Battlefield 4.

Uh oh, I think my inner nerd is showing...
That is some serious hardware....then again, that are also some really demanding games you`re playing

11-02-2013, 09:28 AM   #24
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by skid2964 Quote
When the K-5 was first released, it had a few problems. Is anyone going to sit back and wait until the dust settles before ordering the new K-3?

I want to order one right now.... I am trying to justify waiting... it will cost less to!

I almost pulled the trigger last week and then I thought I would start a thread: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/172-pentax-k-3/241198-k3-sample-shots-post-here.html and wait for some results from users "in the field" ... real sample shots, not just tests.

So, I will wait a bit and see what comes up in terms of high ISO shots, noise, AF acuracy, etc ... before making an educated decision.

I haven't seen any major "hardware" problems thus far ... actually none. This seems like one heck of a camera to buy.

My justification for holding off on the purchase: cost, and reviews/comments and sample pics.

JP
11-02-2013, 10:33 AM   #25
Pentaxian

I sold my wife's K-7 late last year... she is using my K-01 but not liking it without a proper viewfinder. I will get her the K-5IIs first and will borrow hers if I need it for gigs. As my K-5 is still my main camera, I will wait until next year to get the K-3, likely after the to-be-released FF. So far, I am optimistic about the K-3 and its potentials.
11-02-2013, 10:43 AM   #26
Loyal Site Supporter

Since I am laid up for at least another 6 weeks with a broken foot, I will probably wait on the K3. That would make sense, but on the other hand, I could use the time to learn all the differences and read the manual. Gee, it would be my first "manual read"! Sounds like it might make more sense than I thought?

Regards!
11-02-2013, 10:50 AM   #27
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
That would make sense, but on the other hand, I could use the time to learn all the differences and read the manual.
Confused as to why you are waiting? 6 weeks 'vacation' with nothing to do but learn new camera? Sounds right to me...
11-02-2013, 11:00 AM   #28
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
Confused as to why you are waiting? 6 weeks 'vacation' with nothing to do but learn new camera? Sounds right to me...
Yeah, I just thought of that a few moments ago....I'm not always the fastest thinker......I let Otis do all the heavy thinking for me, he is a lot smarter. I'll run this by him......

Regards!
11-02-2013, 11:03 AM   #29
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
.I'm not always the fastest thinker......I let Otis do all the heavy thinking for me, he is a lot smarter.
I'm the same, but my wife makes sure to remind me of all the things I didn't think of.......
11-02-2013, 11:07 AM   #30
Loyal Site Supporter

How could we get by without them!

Regards!