Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-31-2013, 10:19 AM   #1
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pentax K-3: Limited Quantity at B&H

I spoke with B&H today and got some good news: it seems the K-3 is selling very well!

They're down to the teens on K-3 inventory, so if you'd like a K-3 before it sells out, be sure to get your orders in!
Pentax K-3 DSLR Camera (Body Only) 15530 B&H Photo Video

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

10-31-2013, 10:23 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Did they indicate on what day the silver bodies sold out? I ordered the silver body a few days after they went on sale, so I'm actually a bit nervous about whether or not they can fill the order.
10-31-2013, 10:27 AM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by K David Quote
Did they indicate on what day the silver bodies sold out? I ordered the silver body a few days after they went on sale, so I'm actually a bit nervous about whether or not they can fill the order.
If you put in an order, they should be able to fulfill it. They sold out 2-3 days after launch, so it sounds like you're good.

Adam

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

10-31-2013, 10:40 AM   #4
Veteran Member

It seems that now is an absolutely ideal time to gauge the Pentax quality control.

If you're talking to B&H about stock levels, it might be an idea in a few days time (say a week after they sell out) to ask them about returns - if they're prepared to tell you, it would be very interesting to know:

a) how many bodies their initial delivery had in it
b) how many returns (because of a defect) they had after they sold out.

I'm guessing that being a large store, they will have had a reasonable sized initial delivery.

So it would be interesting to know what the percentage return rate is. Obviously it will only cover obvious defects, since people will take a little time to get used to the camera.

10-31-2013, 11:02 AM   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisA Quote
It seems that now is an absolutely ideal time to gauge the Pentax quality control.

If you're talking to B&H about stock levels, it might be an idea in a few days time (say a week after they sell out) to ask them about returns - if they're prepared to tell you, it would be very interesting to know:

a) how many bodies their initial delivery had in it
b) how many returns (because of a defect) they had after they sold out.

I'm guessing that being a large store, they will have had a reasonable sized initial delivery.

So it would be interesting to know what the percentage return rate is. Obviously it will only cover obvious defects, since people will take a little time to get used to the camera.
Historically, the number of returns for stuff that we've sold through B&H has been negligible. The only exception, I'd say, would be during black friday, where people jumped the gun with the 50-135mm and ended up returning it.

Adam

10-31-2013, 11:12 AM   #6
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Historically, the number of returns for stuff that we've sold through B&H has been negligible. The only exception, I'd say, would be during black friday, where people jumped the gun with the 50-135mm and ended up returning it.
So is the k-3 also an exception?
10-31-2013, 11:14 AM   #7
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by JinDesu Quote
So is the k-3 also an exception?
Very doubtful, but we'll see!

Adam

10-31-2013, 11:16 AM   #8

I spoke with B&H today and got some good news: it seems the K-3 is selling very well!

They're down to the teens on K-3 inventory, so if you'd like a K-3 before it sells out, be sure to get your orders in!
Pentax K-3 DSLR Camera (Body Only) 15530 B&H Photo Video
Did they happen to say when they expect their next shipment?

10-31-2013, 11:16 AM   #9
Pentaxian

Very doubtful, but we'll see!
Oh I misread that - I thought you were saying that B&H selling Pentax stuff in high volumes was an exception. What you were saying was the returns. My bad!

I was trying to ask - is the k-3 selling out faster than usual, given the previous few years of Pentax products.
10-31-2013, 11:23 AM   #10
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by JinDesu Quote
I was trying to ask - is the k-3 selling out faster than usual, given the previous few years of Pentax products.
For a Pentax, I'd say it's selling well. However, hundreds of pre-orders on the K-3 is still nothing compared to the tens of thousands of pre-orders that CaNikon high-end DSLRs get.

QuoteOriginally posted by civano Quote
Did they happen to say when they expect their next shipment?
They didn't say, but considering how much they order, they're probably not going to be out of stock for more than a few days- that's just my guess, though!

Adam

11-04-2013, 07:59 PM   #11

Way to scare me :-/ I just ordered it
11-24-2013, 01:45 PM   #12
m8o
Veteran Member

Count me as a member of the K-3 Limited Silver Edition, from B&H. I don't know their stock in the warehouse but I got either their last or 2nd to last in the store today.