Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-24-2013, 03:30 AM   #361
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Jbloomerjo Quote
Is there an easy way to embed my images?
Very easy:
  • select the image you want to embed into a page on Pentax Forums
  • in the bottom right corner, below your image, you will see some icons like in attachment 1, which when you hover your mouse over it it will say 'More ways to share'. Click that,
  • then you will see a screen like attachment 2, which asks you what sort of link you want to make with the image. One of the options will be 'Grab the HTML/BBCode'. Select that, then chose BBcode, and a image size, then click in the box and copy the BBcode into the clipboard;
  • go back to Pentax Forums and paste that code into your Pentax Forums post;
  • preview your post and then if it looks OK, hit 'Submit Reply'..

Attached Images

11-24-2013, 05:11 AM   #362

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
Very easy:
  • select the image you want to embed into a page on Pentax Forums
  • in the bottom right corner, below your image, you will see some icons like in attachment 1, which when you hover your mouse over it it will say 'More ways to share'. Click that,
  • then you will see a screen like attachment 2, which asks you what sort of link you want to make with the image. One of the options will be 'Grab the HTML/BBCode'. Select that, then chose BBcode, and a image size, then click in the box and copy the BBcode into the clipboard;
  • go back to Pentax Forums and paste that code into your Pentax Forums post;
  • preview your post and then if it looks OK, hit 'Submit Reply'..
You were a big help, I knew I saw that before, but i forgot which button. Thanks! Rondec as well, it was the same thing, I just couldn't get online when you guys responded.

Your cat seems pretty comfy, nice shot!

When I asked permission to enter a brother's home, I saw his cat, and it did not look happy under the cold weather conditions of being outside to sleep.

The poor thing is out in 40 degree cold weather with an attitude! I just looked at the poor cat and it just...hates me!

Now I'm just joking around, I saw it willingly leave the house in order to play outside. Unfortunately, it did not expect me to be out taking picture of...

Birds!

I believe these birds were a Brewer's Blackbird, a female brewer's blackbird?, and a field sparrow- maybe a junco?

To your left you will gaze at Brewer's female black bird which I call watson
and to your right is the Brewer's black bird whom I call Sherlock.

Right now they are attempting to search for Sherlock's care (or that f word) to give for the world.

Sherlock: Carry on Watson, or I'll relieve you of your duty!

Watson: Hang on, I want to know if this grass has something you can care about!

<--- 100% cropped.

I still have to get the hang of this camera, but it is not so bad! AF tracking seems to be great, except for some occasions.

<--- like this

And I did not adjust the aperture during my first outing as I loved having the aperture at 1.8-2.8 indoors. SO I quickly changed it when I spotted a purple BIF.

Also...I feel terrible for enslaving my camera to my whim of 1000 shutter count in two days! Worse than my nikon's 400 in 2 days!

look at these two birds creating a nice joyful start of a cold lifeless day...

Dogpile!

Look at these three flights of leafy stairs!

It's time for me to leave the post!

Sherlock: Hmm...still have a hard time finding a care(euphemism for the f word) to give...
Watson: I think...that twig has it!

All taken with a pentax k-3

These were with a d7100, funny how this seems to be a juxtaposition between the two.

Grey bird: Hey guys, mind if I stick with you? I believe in Christ, just like you guys! No way do I want to force my own beliefs of judaism upon you!

Juncos: ehh...we're going to keep an eye on you, but go ahead.

I'm coming guys!

Wait for me guys!

Let me just swooce right in!

11-24-2013, 05:42 AM   #363
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Dreary, rainy days since the K3 came but I did get a chance to go out yesterday. The photo below is not great but it is an example of how easy it is to get focus even in a busy environment. K3 with DA*50-135 cropped. The bird is a female Mexican Grackle.
Attached Images

Last edited by Mikesul; 11-26-2013 at 05:24 AM. Reason: Changed size of picture.
11-24-2013, 10:56 AM - 1 Like   #364
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
My first day with the K-3. Tricky morning light required 'fusing' two exposures with Enfuse in Lightroom 4.4. Found the DNG RAW files were nicely malleable. The combined image has had +40 shadows and some sharpening added. The two combined images were as shot by the camera. Lens was 70mm Ltd.

11-24-2013, 11:43 AM - 4 Likes   #365
Forum Member

Thought I'd share these from this weekend. Been asked before if birds with a bracelet on are wild. They are. In the UK many birds are caught in mist nets and ringed to help track movement/migration.

K3. 300mm, 1/125 sec, f4, ISO 800

K3. 12-24 @ 12mm, 0.8 sec, f11, ISO 100

K3. 18-135 @ 18mm. 0.3sec, f13, ISO 100

11-24-2013, 01:35 PM   #366
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Blythman Quote
Thought I'd share these from this weekend. Been asked before if birds with a bracelet on are wild. They are. In the UK many birds are caught in mist nets and ringed to help track movement/migration.

Blue Tit
Nice one, what lens at 300mm?
Edit:
Never mind, in the exif: smc PENTAX-DA* 300mm F4 ED [IF] SDM

I'm sold for this lens. Letter sent to Santa.
11-24-2013, 01:47 PM   #367
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I finally got some sun today… it's really cold though..

K-3+ SMC A-400 ƒ5.6
400 ISO, ƒ8, 1/1000s

Cross posted from Post your Photos and + SHow us you Bokeh +

That means I had enough light and enough time with the birds to shoot on the timer and avoid motion blur from camera movement, shoot at 400 ISO and avoid noise. Take enough images to have a bit of selection, and the 1/000s meant not having to worry about motion blur if the birds moved.…

We have Feb. weather here in November, -11C. which is about 12 F for you Yanks… The birds are trying to puff up their down coats to stay warm.

These guys are obviously doing things that don't require so much puffing.

No Nuthatch today, he didn't stay long enough to get a good picture.
11-24-2013, 02:15 PM   #368
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Blythman Quote

K3. 12-24 @ 12mm, 0.8 sec, f11, ISO 100

K3. 18-135 @ 18mm. 0.3sec, f13, ISO 100

beautiful shots!!!!

11-24-2013, 02:16 PM   #369
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
I finally got some sun today… it's really cold though..

K-3+ SMC A-400 ƒ5.6
400 ISO, ƒ8, 1/1000s

Cross posted from Post your Photos and + SHow us you Bokeh +

That means I had enough light and enough time with the birds to shoot on the timer and avoid motion blur from camera movement, shoot at 400 ISO and avoid noise. Take enough images to have a bit of selection, and the 1/000s meant not having to worry about motion blur if the birds moved.…

We have Feb. weather here in November, -11C. which is about 12 F for you Yanks… The birds are trying to puff up their down coats to stay warm.

These guys are obviously doing things that don't require so much puffing.

No Nuthatch today, he didn't stay long enough to get a good picture.
beautiful too norm!!
11-24-2013, 02:38 PM   #370
Pentaxiste
Loyal Site Supporter

A lake walk-around this morning and I had the surprise to see some rare birds in freedom :

all w/ Sigma 70-200mm, heavy crop.

And some beautiful light this morning :

11-24-2013, 05:26 PM   #371
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

rocky raccoon with the da 300, K3 and af540 flash...iso 51200 shitter 100 f 7.1 spot focus..not happy I interrupted his dinner

IMGD7395
by pearsaab, on Flickr
IMGD7395 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

IMGD7390
by pearsaab, on Flickr
IMGD7390 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

IMGD7389
by pearsaab, on Flickr
IMGD7389 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
11-24-2013, 07:25 PM   #372
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Snow leopard cub and red panda

I braved the cold in NYC this morning (23F plus brisk wind) to attend "Breakfast with the Birds" at the Central Park Zoo, one in a series of special events organized by the zoo's photographer where people can learn more about the zoo and photograph animals before the zoo opens. Today's special treat was some quality time with the snow leopard cubs before the crowds arrived. That made it worth getting up at 6 am. (However, if I had known in advance that I would be invited to participate in the "worm toss", I might have skipped breakfast beforehand.)

I'm still getting used to Pentax (in general) and my K-3, so I'm not thrilled with how my photos turned out. I also was a little surprised to see how quickly I used up memory cards. But here are a couple of my favourite shots from the morning.

Both were shot at ISO 1600 and f/5.6, using the Pentax 55-300 WR lens. I was using a fairly low f-stop because I wanted to be sure the shutter speed was fast enough to catch these speedy little guys and I also wanted to blur out the background a fair bit - in retrospect I probably should have shot at 6.3 or so to get a little more depth of field for the cub and also could have dropped the ISO to 800 because the snow leopard enclosure was fairly bright. The snow leopard cub shot was taken through a plexiglass window.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
11-24-2013, 08:09 PM   #373
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by frogoutofwater Quote
I braved the cold in NYC this morning (23F plus brisk wind) to attend "Breakfast with the Birds" at the Central Park Zoo, one in a series of special events organized by the zoo's photographer where people can learn more about the zoo and photograph animals before the zoo opens. Today's special treat was some quality time with the snow leopard cubs before the crowds arrived. That made it worth getting up at 6 am. (However, if I had known in advance that I would be invited to participate in the "worm toss", I might have skipped breakfast beforehand.)

I'm still getting used to Pentax (in general) and my K-3, so I'm not thrilled with how my photos turned out. I also was a little surprised to see how quickly I used up memory cards. But here are a couple of my favourite shots from the morning.

Both were shot at ISO 1600 and f/5.6, using the Pentax 55-300 WR lens. I was using a fairly low f-stop because I wanted to be sure the shutter speed was fast enough to catch these speedy little guys and I also wanted to blur out the background a fair bit - in retrospect I probably should have shot at 6.3 or so to get a little more depth of field for the cub and also could have dropped the ISO to 800 because the snow leopard enclosure was fairly bright. The snow leopard cub shot was taken through a plexiglass window.
Liked the Red Panda cub especially!
11-25-2013, 06:23 AM - 1 Like   #374
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jva59 Quote
Liked the Red Panda cub especially!
The red panda at the Central Park Zoo is all grown-up. (Note to self: I need to get myself out to Prospect Park or the Bronx to check out their red panda cubs.)

This is one of my few successful photos of birds in the Tropic Zone. These two are inseparable buddies. This photo is cropped down a bit and I think it provides a sense of the potential for capturing detail with the K-3.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
11-25-2013, 09:57 AM - 2 Likes   #375
Pentaxian

Birdie shot today.