Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-01-2013, 07:21 AM   #451
Loyal Site Supporter
chuck_c's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Central Ohio
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,001
QuoteOriginally posted by dabo Quote
I got my silver K-3 this week, with a DA 55-300 WR and went for a walk this morning to test all that
And as you already know, this K-3 is a beast!
Here are some samples the first one with the 55-300, the others with 18-135
I have still a lot to learn with my new camera. But I like it so much already!
Tack sharp focus, beautiful color rendition. Nice shots.

12-01-2013, 07:56 AM - 2 Likes   #452
Pentaxian
kengoh's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Singapore
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,183
K3 + Sigma 10-20 + cheap China brand 10 stops ND filter


12-01-2013, 08:44 AM - 2 Likes   #453
Senior Member
Lucky-Luc's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Montreal, Canada
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 266
To the mill at -18C

12-01-2013, 09:34 AM - 1 Like   #454
Pentaxian




Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Berlin
Posts: 865
Great shots, Kengoh & Lucky-Luc!

12-01-2013, 10:30 AM   #455
Pentaxian




Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Nelson B.C.
Posts: 3,211
Nice! For some reason I don't miss that cold.
12-01-2013, 10:35 AM   #456
Site Supporter
bigted's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Somewhere on the Banks of the Red River
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,165
This was posted as my Single in shot for the day:

K-3 with DA 50mm f1.8


12-01-2013, 04:16 PM - 1 Like   #457
Site Supporter




Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Homesick Canadian in New York City
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 658
Critters

I took my K-3 out to photograph dogs for Mighty Mutts (mightymutts.org), a rescue organization I volunteer for, yesterday. And today I went for a ramble in the Ramble (Central Park) after my shift at the Wild Bird Fund. I still have a lot to learn about the best techniques for photographing wildlife (and how to use the K-3 to maximize its potential), but here are a couple of shots I'm happy with for now. Does anyone know which species of bird this is?
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
12-01-2013, 04:33 PM   #458
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: May 2011
Location: Richmond, Virginia USA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,625
cool shot...is there a dam..caught my attention cause it looks like a nice wave to surf in kayak

12-01-2013, 04:33 PM   #459
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: May 2011
Location: Richmond, Virginia USA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,625
QuoteOriginally posted by frogoutofwater Quote
I took my K-3 out to photograph dogs for Mighty Mutts (mightymutts.org), a rescue organization I volunteer for, yesterday. And today I went for a ramble in the Ramble (Central Park) after my shift at the Wild Bird Fund. I still have a lot to learn about the best techniques for photographing wildlife (and how to use the K-3 to maximize its potential), but here are a couple of shots I'm happy with for now. Does anyone know which species of bird this is?
great shots..love your puppy!!
12-01-2013, 04:38 PM   #460
Senior Member
Lucky-Luc's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Montreal, Canada
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 266
QuoteOriginally posted by pearsaab Quote
cool shot...is there a dam..caught my attention cause it looks like a nice wave to surf in kayak
Yes it is a dam, ty
12-01-2013, 04:57 PM   #461
Site Supporter




Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Homesick Canadian in New York City
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 658
QuoteOriginally posted by pearsaab Quote
great shots..love your puppy!!
Sadly, Ace is not anybody's puppy right now. He was rescued by Mighty Mutts and is looking for a family. (I photograph Mighty Mutts' adoptable dogs and cats to help market them.)

And this little guy (photo below) was found tied up on the street with a couple of other dogs - they had been abandoned for days and eventually were rescued. But they still need permanent homes.

My heart breaks a little every time I photograph these dogs ...
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
12-01-2013, 06:38 PM - 1 Like   #462
Junior Member




Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 29
Sigma 10-20mm:



Sigma 70mm Macro f2.8:



Pentax DA* 300mm f4

I love the trees reflected in the bubble.




12-01-2013, 07:20 PM   #463
Senior Member




Join Date: Dec 2012
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 150
Up in lifting the mundane: 'Getting up there' 55-300 DA @ f/5.0', heres the rawish one, shot at -0.3 (or was it -0.7) EV, and exposure comped +0.6 EV in RawTherapee
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
12-01-2013, 08:09 PM   #464
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: May 2011
Location: Richmond, Virginia USA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,625
QuoteOriginally posted by frogoutofwater Quote
Sadly, Ace is not anybody's puppy right now. He was rescued by Mighty Mutts and is looking for a family. (I photograph Mighty Mutts' adoptable dogs and cats to help market them.)

And this little guy (photo below) was found tied up on the street with a couple of other dogs - they had been abandoned for days and eventually were rescued. But they still need permanent homes.

My heart breaks a little every time I photograph these dogs ...

omg that is so sad...I would have trouble seeing that too but your pictures are helping them be adopted...they are awesome!!
I forgot to mention your bird is a cardinal
12-01-2013, 08:10 PM   #465
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: May 2011
Location: Richmond, Virginia USA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,625
QuoteOriginally posted by Nostrildamus Quote
Sigma 10-20mm:



Sigma 70mm Macro f2.8:



Pentax DA* 300mm f4

I love the trees reflected in the bubble.



beautiful series!!
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
australia, auto, bittern, da, dslr, exposure, fa, flickr, info, iso, jpg, k-3, k3, k5-iis, morning, pentax k-3, photography, pics, pm, post, sample, shot, shots, sunbird, thread, wb
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pentax Q street shots - post them here. barondla Pentax Q 254 04-22-2016 05:46 PM
Suggestion Create ONE thread with K3 sample shots to make it easier to navigate jpzk Site Suggestions and Help 2 10-31-2013 07:51 PM
DA 55-300 Sample Shots (x7), no post processing cputeq Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 15 07-04-2008 01:01 AM
Post Your Eclipse shots here. vievetrick Post Your Photos! 34 02-25-2008 08:14 AM
Spring! Post your Motorcycle shots here! slip Post Your Photos! 33 04-28-2007 05:18 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:40 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top