Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-12-2015, 05:28 AM   #5236
Loyal Site Supporter
ivanvernon's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Medina, OH
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,569
Great work

QuoteOriginally posted by Jonathan Mac Quote
I love what you have done with the Tamron 17-50, especially the cafe shot, which really comes alive. I have that same lens, but have never tried it for anything except parties and school events, where its light gathering capabilities kept me from resorting to flash. Seeing your work makes me consider using it more where I usually use primes.

12-12-2015, 06:19 AM - 8 Likes   #5237
Pentaxian
kengoh's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Singapore
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,185
k3 + Sigma 500 F4.5


K3 + DA*300


K3 + Sigma 500 F4.5
12-12-2015, 06:51 AM - 3 Likes   #5238
Loyal Site Supporter
LeRolls's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: PSL, FL
Posts: 3,439



Last edited by LeRolls; 12-12-2015 at 10:05 AM.
12-12-2015, 07:02 AM - 3 Likes   #5239
Loyal Site Supporter
Scorpio71GR's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Michigan
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,203
QuoteOriginally posted by kengoh Quote
k3 + Sigma 500 F4.5
As always stunning shots Ken.

---------- Post added 12-12-15 at 09:13 AM ----------

LeRolls your portraits are always so stunning no matter what camera or lens you use.

I recently purchased a DA*60-250 and the weather has just been terrible. Great dull skies, rain and just gloomy. Actually that is just December in Michigan. Anyway I decided to try some shots last night after work. I went out to Lookout Hill just up from house. This overlooks two expressways and some of downtown. It was windy on top of the hill so I tried to block the wind the best I could. The 250mm shots pushed the limits of my compact tripod. Overall the results came out pretty good. Now if the sun would just come at.









12-12-2015, 12:02 PM - 1 Like   #5240
Pentaxian
zzeitg's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: South Bohemia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,548
A 24-50

12-12-2015, 01:24 PM   #5241
Site Supporter
waterfall's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Northern Minnesota
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,767
QuoteOriginally posted by kengoh Quote
k3 + Sigma 500 F4.5


K3 + DA*300


K3 + Sigma 500 F4.5
Well done, as always. Your bird photos set the standard against which my amateur shots are measured by me. I aspire to one such image in a year of attempts and you post them many times each month. Inspiration follows from my admiration.
12-12-2015, 02:11 PM - 6 Likes   #5242
Loyal Site Supporter
WPRESTO's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Massachusetts
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 23,585
Kengoh again demonstrates the quality that is possible.
Here's another fly with the K3 + 200 macro.

Last edited by WPRESTO; 01-29-2016 at 12:30 PM.
12-12-2015, 03:06 PM - 4 Likes   #5243
Site Supporter
loco's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Virginia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,836
Got this one this morning before sunrise.... K-3 and DA 18-135.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
12-12-2015, 04:22 PM - 1 Like   #5244
Loyal Site Supporter
rayallen's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Forresters Beach, Central Coast, NSW, Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,508
What a beautiful smile. Superbly captured, Chris.
12-12-2015, 11:16 PM - 2 Likes   #5245
Forum Member




Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Oahu, Hawaii
Posts: 95
Oahu's North Shore two weeks or so ago on an intermittently gloomy/rainy day, with the DA 18-135mm.



Pipeline




Pipeline




Pipeline




Shore break at Waimea Bay
12-13-2015, 12:26 AM   #5246
Site Supporter




Join Date: Apr 2011
Photos: Albums
Posts: 2,881
QuoteOriginally posted by Scorpio71GR Quote
As always stunning shots Ken.

---------- Post added 12-12-15 at 09:13 AM ----------

LeRolls your portraits are always so stunning no matter what camera or lens you use.

I recently purchased a DA*60-250 and the weather has just been terrible. Great dull skies, rain and just gloomy. Actually that is just December in Michigan. Anyway I decided to try some shots last night after work. I went out to Lookout Hill just up from house. This overlooks two expressways and some of downtown. It was windy on top of the hill so I tried to block the wind the best I could. The 250mm shots pushed the limits of my compact tripod. Overall the results came out pretty good. Now if the sun would just come at.







I was going to go there last week but that was shifted to mid to late April. Do you expect the light will be better then? What about the length of daylight. i will be indoors during the day.
12-13-2015, 01:31 AM   #5247
Pentaxian
Jonathan Mac's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Madrid, Spain
Posts: 3,913
QuoteOriginally posted by ivanvernon Quote
I love what you have done with the Tamron 17-50, especially the cafe shot, which really comes alive. I have that same lens, but have never tried it for anything except parties and school events, where its light gathering capabilities kept me from resorting to flash. Seeing your work makes me consider using it more where I usually use primes.
Many thanks. When I go away it's always a hard decision between the Tamron and my brace of DA limiteds. I love the primes, and they are sharper (at least the 35 and 70), but a zoom is so handy. The Tamron is capable of superb results far beyond what you might expect for a zoom at this price.
12-13-2015, 04:49 AM - 1 Like   #5248
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Southern Indiana
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 14,954
A couple of DA 15 limited shots.



12-13-2015, 04:59 AM - 3 Likes   #5249
Loyal Site Supporter
WPRESTO's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Massachusetts
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 23,585
Think I'll post one of numerous shots of this hyena family. K3 + Bigma

Last edited by WPRESTO; 01-29-2016 at 12:30 PM.
12-13-2015, 07:48 AM   #5250
Loyal Site Supporter
Scorpio71GR's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Michigan
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,203
QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
I was going to go there last week but that was shifted to mid to late April. Do you expect the light will be better then? What about the length of daylight. i will be indoors during the day.
April is a hit or miss month. The light will definitely be better, it stays light to around 7:00 or so, depending when they decide to kick in daylight savings time. Sometimes April can a nice month sometimes it is just rainy and miserable.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
australia, auto, bittern, da, dslr, exposure, fa, flickr, info, iso, jpg, k-3, k3, k5-iis, morning, pentax k-3, photography, pics, pm, post, sample, shot, shots, sunbird, thread, wb
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pentax Q street shots - post them here. barondla Pentax Q 254 04-22-2016 05:46 PM
Suggestion Create ONE thread with K3 sample shots to make it easier to navigate jpzk Site Suggestions and Help 2 10-31-2013 07:51 PM
DA 55-300 Sample Shots (x7), no post processing cputeq Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 15 07-04-2008 01:01 AM
Post Your Eclipse shots here. vievetrick Post Your Photos! 34 02-25-2008 08:14 AM
Spring! Post your Motorcycle shots here! slip Post Your Photos! 33 04-28-2007 05:18 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:38 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top