Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-15-2016, 08:05 AM   #6076
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Jonathan - that fish on a string snap is great!

03-15-2016, 11:43 AM - 2 Likes   #6077
Loyal Site Supporter

Southern California
Attached Images

03-15-2016, 04:33 PM - 2 Likes   #6078
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Local park...

03-15-2016, 09:18 PM   #6079
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
Southern California
Anzo Borrego Desert SP?

03-15-2016, 10:51 PM   #6080
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Canada_Rockies Quote
Jonathan - that fish on a string snap is great!
Thanks.
03-16-2016, 03:54 AM - 3 Likes   #6081
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by gda13 Quote
Anzo Borrego Desert SP?
No. Taken along the roadside while driving, as I recall, south toward Kelso, CA, at least some of the land being part of Mojave National Preserve. There's a huge, defunct RR station in Kelso, and heading east from there eventually you go through additional interesting places, including the a dense growth of Joshua trees. (image posted on the "streets" thread). Very little traffic of any kind on those roads, but big freight/ore trains still use the tracks regularly, probably six to ten a day I'd guess. Here comes one now. (It is another K3 shot, so it's OK to post here). One train that came along these tracks, all heading west, had a seven-engine hitch!
Attached Images

03-16-2016, 09:59 AM   #6082
Pentaxian

^ I love the desert. There are so many neat things to see! From nature, pictographs, petroglyphs, to abandoned places & mines. Lots of adventure. I never get tired of driving through most of the SoCal desert, especially the Mojave National Preserve, Death Valley National Park, Joshua Tree National Park, & surrounding areas. Route 66 is also very amazing through some of those areas.

The sad part is that even though I'm like a jump, skip, & a hop away from most of these places, I don't get to visit them often. Maybe once every 2 years. My wife is also not a big fan of the desert, since she lived in the desert for almost 10 years. Hahaha!
03-16-2016, 10:51 AM   #6083
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by The Squirrel Mafia Quote
^ I love the desert. There are so many neat things to see! From nature, pictographs, petroglyphs, to abandoned places & mines. Lots of adventure. I never get tired of driving through most of the SoCal desert, especially the Mojave National Preserve, Death Valley National Park, Joshua Tree National Park, & surrounding areas. Route 66 is also very amazing through some of those areas.

The sad part is that even though I'm like a jump, skip, & a hop away from most of these places, I don't get to visit them often. Maybe once every 2 years. My wife is also not a big fan of the desert, since she lived in the desert for almost 10 years. Hahaha!
Funny about things in you back yard. Grew up very close to NYC on Long Island and used the LIRR to go into the city many times, yet there are still, half a lifetime later, standard tourist spots I've never been to: the Empire State Building, the Cloisters and the Frick Collection come to mind. I did not get to the Metropolitan or MOMA until decades after I moved away.

03-16-2016, 11:09 AM - 2 Likes   #6084
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
No. Taken along the roadside while driving, as I recall, south toward Kelso, CA, at least some of the land being part of Mojave National Preserve.
Ahh very nice. I did some camping over by Granite Peak about a decade ago.

Here's one from a less arid environment...taken last year on a trip to check out the fall foliage in the New England area.

K3 + 31mm

Wier Hill path

Last edited by gda13; 03-24-2016 at 10:03 AM.
03-16-2016, 11:54 AM - 1 Like   #6085
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by charchri4 Quote
LOL well I was just about to post some from the weekend feeling very good about them and LeRolls does it again! But this is actually a good spot because much of what I did in the shoot and even doing the shoot at all was inspired by him. I love his tasteful balanced approach fitting all the elements together and nailing the technical details spot on.

There are so many dumb shots out there like a model in a wedding dress in a swamp and he never does anything stupid like that. So I have really enjoyed LeRolls work and about half of my folder of work that inspires me is his stuff. And with that tip of the hat here is my first ever model shoot and first ever night shoot.

My gal is a bit older, has been through a really rough patch as of late and never done anything as crazy as posing for a shoot before. So my goal was just to make her relaxed and feel wonderful. I am delighted to report she had a blast and was totally blown away with the shots!

Now I just need to learn when my model has had enough!

Always nice to hear that my work is inspiring others.

The puppy shot is nice and I'm glad you guys had a good time.

Shot with a new model yesterday.

03-16-2016, 11:57 AM   #6086
Pentaxian

03-16-2016, 12:42 PM - 1 Like   #6087
Pentaxian

K-3 and FA 50 1.7
The lens for no sun, and not much light.

03-16-2016, 01:14 PM   #6088

QuoteOriginally posted by wtlwdwgn Quote
Pronghorn, K-3 and Sigma 150-500.
That is very clear, well done. How far were you?
03-16-2016, 03:37 PM - 1 Like   #6089
Pentaxian

Can I post? I only shoot JPEG.
I got my K-3 after my daughter was born and still trying to learn. I kind like the way this turned out.
She is pondering on the implementation of pixel shift on moving subjects. I think
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
03-16-2016, 04:35 PM   #6090
Loyal Site Supporter

Bouldery terrain in Joshua Tree NP, K3.
Attached Images