Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 16947 Likes Search this Thread
07-12-2016, 05:20 PM - 5 Likes   #7006
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Some recent shots. First one was Explored, so it is reposted from Flickr Explored.

07-12-2016, 06:44 PM   #7007
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

My, those look good.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
07-12-2016, 07:50 PM   #7008
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
Beautiful young woman. You captured a very flattering expression, although I doubt she's capable of mugging a truly unattractive face.
I imagine you're right. I'm supposed to shoot with her again on Friday morning.

QuoteOriginally posted by Doundounba Quote
Some recent shots. First one was Explored, so it is reposted from Flickr Explored.

Very nice lighting and details on these little guys.
07-12-2016, 07:54 PM - 1 Like   #7009
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Doundounba Quote
I agree those are just fantastic.

I thought this tree looked interesting out in the river flats so I hiked back at sunset to get a few shots. If you look closely you can see the branches are full of birds.
DA*16-50

07-12-2016, 08:40 PM   #7010
Forum Member

we had rain this morning followed by overcast skies. i manually overexposed in camera to blow out backgrounds. minimal post in CS5. a bit of a garden photo dump. FA 100.

Cup Plant & Bee

07-13-2016, 04:46 AM - 3 Likes   #7011
Pentaxian

07-13-2016, 05:13 AM - 1 Like   #7012
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Country charm on the Azores. Weather this day was miserable - fog, drizzle, strong gusty wind. Picture taken at a moment when the wind blew out most of the mist and fog.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
07-13-2016, 10:08 AM - 1 Like   #7013
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
A quick macro

07-13-2016, 10:18 AM   #7014
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bobbotron Quote
A quick macro
Converting to B&W made that image something special
07-13-2016, 03:24 PM - 1 Like   #7015
Pentaxian

This time images of flowers we actually planted as opposed to the wild flowers around the borders.

K-3 with DA*200

We have 2 different shades of Bee Balm

And a few things we didn't plant.

The dogs are hot, the tongues are long.

07-13-2016, 06:00 PM   #7016
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Look out! Those look like herding dogs.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
07-13-2016, 06:17 PM   #7017
Pentaxian

My, those look good.
QuoteOriginally posted by LeRolls Quote
Very nice lighting and details on these little guys.
QuoteOriginally posted by Scorpio71GR Quote
I agree those are just fantastic.
Thanks all! I'm blushing!! Still very pleased with the K-3 too...
07-13-2016, 07:01 PM   #7018
Pentaxian

Look out! Those look like herding dogs.
Everyone says we should buy them a couple of sheep.
07-13-2016, 07:07 PM   #7019
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Everyone says we should buy them a couple of sheep.
Every now and then our Sheltie goes after the cat as if she's herding, which means if Annabelle runs, Tralee chases. If Annabelle stops, Tralee is bamboozled. However, when we're out walking, tralee really wants to gather every dog & human we encounter and bring them along. She throws a fit if she's not allowed to approach another dog or human, and throws an even bigger hissy fit when we or they walk away. She's also crazy to chase cars, more so if it's a noisy truck, and consequently we always walk woodland paths well out of sight of any roads.
07-13-2016, 08:53 PM   #7020
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Shelties are definitely collies. Our last dog was a smooth collie we rescued at age 6 after she spent 5 years in an old folks centre where my wife was one of the charge nurses. She didn't know what stairs were, the most she ever climbed was the six inches from the grass to the floor. She weighed 52 pounds, but was only 19 inches at the shoulder. She was sable with some white markings - a duffle bag on legs.

We brought her to our home near the end of March, and soon introduced her the the world's best dog exercise machine: a field full of Columbian Ground Squirrels. Squeek! Lady waddled west. Dive down hole. Squeek to the east, waddle. The waddle soon changed to walk, then run, then oh my gosh!

In three months she lost 17 pounds, and gained all the athleticism that collies are known for. She scared the living daylights out of us one day. We were in the habit of driving with Lady in the back seat of our little Toyotal pickup. We would stop in the car port, open the passenger door, slide the seat forward, let her step out, and clip her 20 foot front lawn leash on.

Our house is at about the half way point of a 7% paved road, 3 city blocks worth. On this one day when we woke up to just how much her condition had improved, a 15 year old girl on in line skates was going down the centre line of the road, having no doubt started at the very top, and cruising at a speed cars don't do for fear of speeding tickets (40 kph/25 mph limit). She made the 45 feet from the carport to the sidewalk, across the sidewalk, the parking lane, and the driving lane and caught the girl two houses down. 50 foot lots. And then she herded in typical collie fashion, nipping at the girl's heels. The girl did not dump, praise the Lord, even though her fashionably worn jeans had an extra little rip at the rear of one leg.

Needless to say, our dog release from car routine changed to leash, door, seat, out.

Don't expect your sheltie to stop herding. It just isn't in the collie system. No way, no how. We still miss her.