Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 16947 Likes Search this Thread
12-28-2013, 01:34 AM   #706
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by crussellsprout Quote
Just picked up my new Pentax K3 (successor to my trusty K10D) last night and am mighty impressed with the improvements made in the last 7 years! Here's one of my first shots with the new K3.
A nice start of operation here mate !

12-28-2013, 01:43 AM   #707
Veteran Member

Something on the opposite side of the sunset I was shootin in Paris a couple weeks ago.

With Sigma 17-70mm OS HSM

Some ethereal clouds, not much PP on this one, there was an incredible light on this morning. With Sigma 70-200mm.

and the first try at Night photography with the Sigma 17-70m.

On a side note I've printed some 30x45cm and 40x60cm pictures (not theses ones) from my usual lab and they came out really great, dont know if the captor size makes the difference but I would say there is a lot of details in thoses prints.

DimC
12-28-2013, 09:54 AM   #708
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Fencer Portraits

From a series of photographs made for Canadian fencer, Marissa Ponich. Three different lighting setups:

12-28-2013, 10:23 AM - 1 Like   #709
Pentaxian

Cross posted from Post your Photos and the 300 plus club.

The stationary images are taken at ƒ8 and 100 ISO, the BiF images are taken at ƒ4 and ISO 400, which gave me a shutter speed of 1/2000 second.

The first owl image was taken with the A-400, all others with the DA* 60-250. Tracking BiFs, auto-focus is a wonderful thing.
All image taken with a K-3

When taking pictures of these guys...

I started talking to this guy.

After telling me he had no use for ƒ5.6 lenses (I was shooting with the A-400 ƒ5.6, so he then did a backtrack, thinking I might be offended) he asked me if I'd taken an image of the Snowy Owl in St. Catherine's. I think I've heard tell of this creature, but it had passed out of my mind. Anyway, he said " just head out behind the new hospital, you'll see the cars.". As it happened, I would be driving through St. Catherine's in two days, to visit my daughter, and made a mental not to stop on the way.

After some googling and map questing we figured out where we needed to go found our way to the general vicinity and then parked beside the cars, (as advertised) and looked at what they were looking at. We weren't disappointed. I've never seen a Snowy Owl before, now I've seen two. There are said to be 4 hunting the fields in this area.

First view, one of them a distance away off in the filed. This is a heavily cropped shot, which explains completely why you need a 400-600mm lens and a K-3.

We were so close after this I switched to the DA 60-250.

We hung around long enough to photograph the owl in the air as he took off.

I hope you enjoy these as much as I did. I'd certainly recommend anyone near the area head out that way. It's probably a once in a lifetime opportunity.

12-28-2013, 10:33 AM   #710
Veteran Member

Wow, impressive! Thanks for sharing
12-28-2013, 11:12 AM   #711
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by frogoutofwater Quote
This isn't as sharp as I'd like (but the fact that I got a photo at all with Andie wearing this hat is nothing short of miraculous):
Aren't Siamese very cuddly anyway?
12-28-2013, 11:21 AM   #712
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Erd§ Quote
Thanks AB!

Looks interesting...what does the dragonfruit taste like?

They are great shots in what appeared to be challenging lighting conditions! What lens did you use?

My niece has a fascination with the original Polaroid cameras and her mother bought her a used but working one for Xmas.
with the FA31:
It's be because of YouTube. My oldest got a new version for her birthday. She expressed interest in a DLSR because of Bokeh, but asked her mother for outdated technology (I told her it was outdated).

12-28-2013, 11:24 AM   #713
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Cross posted from Post your Photos and the 300 plus club.

The stationary images are taken at ƒ8 and 100 ISO, the BiF images are taken at ƒ4 and ISO 400, which gave me a shutter speed of 1/2000 second.

The first owl image was taken with the A-400, all others with the DA* 60-250. Tracking BiFs, auto-focus is a wonderful thing.
All image taken with a K-3

When taking pictures of these guys...

I started talking to this guy.

After telling me he had no use for ƒ5.6 lenses (I was shooting with the A-400 ƒ5.6, so he then did a backtrack, thinking I might be offended) he asked me if I'd taken an image of the Snowy Owl in St. Catherine's. I think I've heard tell of this creature, but it had passed out of my mind. Anyway, he said " just head out behind the new hospital, you'll see the cars.". As it happened, I would be driving through St. Catherine's in two days, to visit my daughter, and made a mental not to stop on the way.

After some googling and map questing we figured out where we needed to go found our way to the general vicinity and then parked beside the cars, (as advertised) and looked at what they were looking at. We weren't disappointed. I've never seen a Snowy Owl before, now I've seen two. There are said to be 4 hunting the fields in this area.

First view, one of them a distance away off in the filed. This is a heavily cropped shot, which explains completely why you need a 400-600mm lens and a K-3.

We were so close after this I switched to the DA 60-250.

We hung around long enough to photograph the owl in the air as he took off.

I hope you enjoy these as much as I did. I'd certainly recommend anyone near the area head out that way. It's probably a once in a lifetime opportunity.
Wow! Fantastic owl shots!
12-28-2013, 03:34 PM - 4 Likes   #714
Veteran Member

For me it does not get much better than today..
12-28-2013, 04:55 PM   #715
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Whoa! Awesome shots dane.dog. Be careful with increasing sharpness... it tends to make an outline around the image which can make the subject look "photoshopped" onto the background.
12-28-2013, 05:22 PM   #716
Veteran Member

Buceemie, Thank you for the advice and yes I might of move the clarity slider a little too much.
12-31-2013, 01:33 PM   #717
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I had a bit of spare time to run around Hamburg and take a few shots.

I took a harbour tour and good some nice views from the river. We got lot of new buildings and the harbour is in constant change.

This was a little detail shot. I like the perspective.

Against the sun. Exposure for the highlights and quite a lot of PP, but i like the mood.

And a christmas shot. Hopefully you all had a wonderful time.

I have to learn not to shot at the maximums of my lenses. I tend to go wide open (it was really dark in northern germany the last few weeks) or use minimum or maximum focal lengh.
Thursday i will drive to the north sea with a friend who got a Nikon and hopefully i will get a few interesting shots there.
12-31-2013, 03:09 PM   #718
Veteran Member

Happy New York !! ;-)

K-3 + FA 31 Ltd.
12-31-2013, 10:26 PM - 2 Likes   #719
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Full Bloom Iris

01-01-2014, 02:07 AM   #720
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

with DA18-250

with DA*50-135

Last edited by i_trax; 01-01-2014 at 04:23 AM.