Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-12-2016, 05:50 PM - 1 Like   #5491
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by volley Quote
Just great! The model, the shot, the processing!
Thank you kindly!

01-12-2016, 08:56 PM - 2 Likes   #5492

Nice quick trip for pics after work. Too cold to stay long but got a couple decent shots at least.

Palisades
01-12-2016, 11:07 PM   #5493
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Amarony Quote
Nice quick trip for pics after work. Too cold to stay long but got a couple decent shots at least.

Palisades
Interesting light and colour effects on the outcrop at the right. Good.

I like those snatch and go picture opportunities. Too dark here on my way home. Gets completely dark at 5. And dark on the way too. First glimmers of light at 7.
01-13-2016, 12:18 AM   #5494
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Do you really have to post such large images? I have a 23" screen and I had to scroll for ages just to get the "Quote" button. It is impossible to appreciate an image that you can't see on one screen. You are not doing yourself any favours by posting an image that large IMHO.

01-13-2016, 03:11 AM   #5495

QuoteOriginally posted by Erd§ Quote
Summertime!

Catamaran - Bribie Island

Summer - Bribie Island - Bongaree Jetty
I love the jetty shot. The airborne guy sets it off perfectly.
01-13-2016, 04:30 AM - 2 Likes   #5496
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Tree and Snowy Field.

01-13-2016, 05:42 AM   #5497
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by rayallen Quote
Do you really have to post such large images? I have a 23" screen and I had to scroll for ages just to get the "Quote" button. It is impossible to appreciate an image that you can't see on one screen. You are not doing yourself any favours by posting an image that large IMHO.
Can you shrink the image size on your system? On my laptop, if I draw to fingers together quickly on the touch-pad I greatly reduce the image and easily include all of that interesting image posted above. Of course, the type becomes so small it is utterly impossible to read, even smaller that the print on a warranty or the warnings on over-the-counter medicines.

Last edited by WPRESTO; 01-13-2016 at 06:02 AM.
01-13-2016, 05:53 AM   #5498
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
I my set up I saw it on my phone screen without scrolling. Settings to look into?
01-13-2016, 06:14 AM   #5499

Ouch. To be honest this is a Flickr link and I've never seen the issue you are referencing in my browser. On my 23" screen my picture is the same height as the previous two any only about an inch wider than the landscape right before mine. And it doesn't take up the whole screen. I suspect different browsers handle the Flickr links differently. In any case, I'll review the Flickr link options to see if I can post a smaller image/link in the future, just never heard that complaint before so thanks for pointing that out I guess.
01-13-2016, 06:22 AM   #5500
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

definitely sounds like a browser issue, not the image poster's.....
01-13-2016, 06:55 AM   #5501

On my screen the image isn't any larger than the one previous. The orientation is different but that's all.
01-13-2016, 06:57 AM   #5502
Pentaxian

Ouch. To be honest this is a Flickr link and I've never seen the issue you are referencing in my browser.
When you go pick the bbcode for the image on Flickr, choose the one that is 1024 pix wide, not the default one. I believe Flickr recently changed the default for bbcode to the largest image size you uploaded. (It previously defaulted to a small size.) While some browsers adjust the size of the image displayed on the screen here in the PF thread, they're still needlessly downloading a much larger image than is necessary - in your case above a full 6016 by 4000 jpg. (This can be verified in Firefox by Right Clicking on the image and choosing View Image.)
01-13-2016, 07:24 AM   #5503
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
You can set your forum browser so that it automatically resizes larger photos. It works pretty well for me, although certainly larger photos still take longer to download.
01-13-2016, 11:41 AM - 3 Likes   #5504
Pentaxian

Finally a bit of sun got me out of the house.

K-3 DA* 60-250 with HD DA 1.4 TC @350mm

Last edited by normhead; 01-13-2016 at 12:26 PM.
01-13-2016, 05:09 PM - 1 Like   #5505
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Weldon Berger Quote
I love the jetty shot. The airborne guy sets it off perfectly.
Thanks Weldon. Everyone else was just falling into the water from that height - this guy was throwing himself upwards, so I had to wait for him to come around in the rotation a few times before I got it right!

It's definitely a site setting. I checked a couple of other browsers and had the same issue - until I logged in - then it shrunk to suit.
Click on the Preferences link at the bottom of every page, then scroll halfway down to the "Thread Display Options" section and change the Maximum Photo Width to 1024 or whatever is best suited to you.