Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 16947 Likes Search this Thread
02-23-2016, 01:04 PM - 1 Like   #5911
Veteran Member

Wow Alan!

After speaking with LeRolls about flash I bought a Lightsphere and I really like it. I need some practice however for a first attempt, not too bad.

Yes, she is a fun smart ass!

Gary Fong Lightsphere Testing
by John Rudolph, on Flickr

Gary Fong Lightsphere Testing
by John Rudolph, on Flickr

Last edited by john5100; 02-24-2016 at 03:12 PM.
02-23-2016, 01:19 PM   #5912
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by repaap Quote
avesome shots Alan!!

here is some from my skiing trip from today.

Nice, it's hard to expose for snow well! I wonder, how did you expose these shots, did you use exposure compensation at all, or bring up the brightness in post process, or some combination of both? I find bringing the brightness up afterwards introduces a lot of extra noise, but you risk blowing out highlights if you expose the shot at a brighter exposure.
02-23-2016, 02:54 PM - 1 Like   #5913
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Blythman Quote
Just put these in the 560mm lens club, but thought I'd share here too. Edit: I mean the photo sample archive

Nice shots, Blythman. There's also DA560 lens club, where you could mirror your post - https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/122-lens-clubs/282825-da560-lens-club-let...me-photos.html
02-23-2016, 03:11 PM   #5914
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by bobbotron Quote
Nice, it's hard to expose for snow well! I wonder, how did you expose these shots, did you use exposure compensation at all, or bring up the brightness in post process, or some combination of both? I find bringing the brightness up afterwards introduces a lot of extra noise, but you risk blowing out highlights if you expose the shot at a brighter exposure.
No, I try to get Snow right in shots. But you have to measure from shadowside of snow. If snow blows out, it is imbossible to recover. More easy to bring shadows little up.

02-23-2016, 06:39 PM   #5915
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Great photos as usual !
Remarkable sharpness and colours, something I a hoping to be able to get with my newly received K3 !

Trying to get some feedback folks, so I am cross-posting this with this:https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/172-pentax-k-3/314588-first-shots-k3-not-...-comments.html
There are too many images to post here.
There is also a link in the latter posts which goes to Flickr, about the "tests" I did with the K3 .... "AF testing".
Any comments would be appreciated.

Cheers!
02-23-2016, 09:17 PM - 4 Likes   #5916
Veteran Member

I know its not a bird and might not get any love, but I thought this macro came out pretty well

Model: PENTAX K-3
ISO: 100
Exposure: 1/125 sec
Aperture: 6.3
Focal Length: 100mm
02-24-2016, 04:26 AM - 2 Likes   #5917
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

An Open Gate.

02-24-2016, 09:14 AM   #5918
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
I spy a rapidly flowing stream, this one entirely natural except for the observation walkway. Scan
I took a double take on that shot. In Waterton Lakes National Park (the Canadian half of Waterton-Glacier International Peace Park) we have a very similar layout of walkways at Blakiston Falls, and that woman on the stairs wears one of my wife's most common hiking costumes.
02-24-2016, 10:38 AM   #5919

Some recent portraits : )
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
 Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
02-24-2016, 10:52 AM   #5920
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Canada_Rockies Quote
I took a double take on that shot. In Waterton Lakes National Park (the Canadian half of Waterton-Glacier International Peace Park) we have a very similar layout of walkways at Blakiston Falls, and that woman on the stairs wears one of my wife's most common hiking costumes.
The falls pictured, as I recall (picture taken 1998) was in Waterton Lakes (we were there and in nearby areas up to Jasper). And the woman with blue slacks, yellow shirt, floppy hat, and camera around her neck is MY WIFE I'LL HAVE YOU KNOW!!!
02-24-2016, 11:56 AM   #5921
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The falls pictured, as I recall (picture taken 1998) was in Waterton Lakes (we were there and in nearby areas up to Jasper). And the woman with blue slacks, yellow shirt, floppy hat, and camera around her neck is MY WIFE I'LL HAVE YOU KNOW!!!
Ah so, I'll have to look way back for a shot with the older walkways. I am not ready to contact your wife, sir: I HAVE ENOUGH TROUBLE WITH THE ONE I ALREADY HAVE! and have had for 50+ years.
02-24-2016, 12:02 PM   #5922
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Canada_Rockies Quote
Ah so, I'll have to look way back for a shot with the older walkways. I am not ready to contact your wife, sir: I HAVE ENOUGH TROUBLE WITH THE ONE I ALREADY HAVE! and have had for 50+ years.
You're a little ahead of us, 50 coming a few years hence. And as advised my son-in-law-to-be: learn when to say "yes;" learn when to keep quiet; and learn when it's time to go out and work on the car. Actually, M and I are, have always been extraordinarily compatible and conflict-free, to the extent that our kids are shocked when they encounter a family where the couple argues or even disagrees about anything.
02-24-2016, 12:46 PM   #5923
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Just playing around with the K-3 and Sigma 150-500 + Kenko 1.5x TC, 750mm, 1/4000 @ f/8, ISO 51200. Xpstd.
02-24-2016, 12:47 PM   #5924
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

You're a little ahead of us, 50 coming a few years hence. And as advised my son-in-law-to-be: learn when to say "yes;" learn when to keep quiet; and learn when it's time to go out and work on the car. Actually, M and I are, have always been extraordinarily compatible and conflict-free, to the extent that our kids are shocked when they encounter a family where the couple argues or even disagrees about anything.
We disagree often, but never get violent about it. We do have the occasional misunderstanding. I learned French in Military College from the age of 17-20. She learned English after becoming an RN, in French, in a crash course when she joined the army to become bilingual. Her English was very difficult when we became engaged (in French, of course - family joke: I asked for a one night stand and got it wrong). She hit a whole bunch of culture shock. 2½ months after the wedding she joined me in West Germany where I was posted on a NATO stint, and tended to use a lot of sign language in the small town where we found lodgings (hence the delay in rejoining me: newly weds don't rate high on the married housing lists). Her English improved extremely rapidly. There were fewer French speakers in my unit than English.
02-24-2016, 03:13 PM   #5925
Veteran Member

wtlwdwgn - given the ISO, that's very sharp.