Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Busker who knew a few tunes.

Attached Images

02-14-2018, 08:25 PM - 1 Like   #9047
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

At Birkenhead Point DFO in Drummoyne, Sydney.

Shopping

The marina
02-15-2018, 04:20 AM - 4 Likes   #9048
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Views of or across Aukland, NZ from opposite directions
Attached Images

02-15-2018, 06:36 AM - 4 Likes   #9049
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Tree and Railroad Tracks (K3/DA 15)

02-15-2018, 06:53 AM - 1 Like   #9050
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Tank, scales, and other equipment at a Guinness brewery that's been converted to a visitors' center and museum.
Attached Images

02-15-2018, 10:49 AM - 1 Like   #9051
Pentaxian

More park Gray Jays...

I was mostly just out talking to the other photographers, taking a few images with the K-3 and DA*200 and 1.4 TC between conversational bits. One had the VR on her Canon 100-400 go a little crazy making it impossible to use, and definitely in need of some shop time. There was so much crazy motion caused by the VR unit she couldn't even lock focus, forget about take an image. She had a 150-600 as a backup so she wasn't suffering at all. Sometimes I go to take pictures, sometimes I go out just to get out of the house on a nice day, and the pictures are incidental. I probably spent a lot more time talking than shooting.

Incidental pictures.

There is minimal PP on these images, pretty much straight off the camera with basic WB and sensor presets. No cropping was needed.
02-15-2018, 11:22 AM - 1 Like   #9052
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
More park Gray Jays...

I was mostly just out talking to the other photographers, taking a few images with the K-3 and DA*200 and 1.4 TC between conversational bits. One had the VR on her Canon 100-400 go a little crazy making it impossible to use, and definitely in need of some shop time. There was so much crazy motion caused by the VR unit she couldn't even lock focus, forget about take an image. She had a 150-600 as a backup so she wasn't suffering at all. Sometimes I go to take pictures, sometimes I go out just to get out of the house on a nice day, and the pictures are incidental. I probably spent a lot more time talking than shooting.

Incidental pictures.

There is minimal PP on these images, pretty much straight off the camera with basic WB and sensor presets. No cropping was needed.
Nice work. I find the bands are interesting... having kept domestic ornamental birds in the past, and banding mine mostly for tracking breeding, etc, it is interesting to me to see the level of banding observed in the wild.
Eric

02-15-2018, 04:47 PM - 1 Like   #9053
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Chapel of Good King (and Saint) Wenceslas. His remains are in the red house-shaped container at right. The public can look into but not enter because the walls are studded with precious stones and gold leaf within easy reach.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
02-15-2018, 05:13 PM   #9054
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
Chapel of Good King (and Saint) Wenceslas. His remains are in the red house-shaped container at right. The public can look into but not enter because the walls are studded with precious stones and gold leaf within easy reach.
You did well to have only one mild reflection in the glass. Gorgeous colours.
02-15-2018, 07:24 PM   #9055
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Canada_Rockies Quote
You did well to have only one mild reflection in the glass. Gorgeous colours.
A lot of PP went into making that image look decent. The color in the original file was just awful, as was the WA distortion and the dynamic range. I have another version taken with the 10~17mm fish-eye that shows the ceiling, and that required even more PP to look "natural" (=the way I remember it).
02-16-2018, 04:40 AM - 1 Like   #9056
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Three Trees

Generated from my Apple iPhone using tools.rackonly.com

Stump at Sunset

Generated from my Apple iPhone using tools.rackonly.com

(both with DA 15 limited)
02-17-2018, 08:28 AM   #9057
Pentaxian

I didn't want to go in there anyway.
It's interesting , the concept, a building that's been decorated in away that the public can't enter. Exactly who benefits from this?
02-17-2018, 08:43 AM   #9058
Pentaxian

Prague? EXIF shows me "Date Taken 2063-11-15 09:49 AM". Wrong camera time (or time travel is real)?
02-17-2018, 10:41 AM   #9059
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
I didn't want to go in there anyway.
It's interesting , the concept, a building that's been decorated in away that the public can't enter. Exactly who benefits from this?
Sort of like museums. They claim the right to own all artifacts of everything but only allow the public to see 5% or so of their collection. If you want access to the rest of the collection then you need to have the "proper credentials" to see it. They are also not all that good at cataloging what they do have.

I know of a museum that has an extraordinary collection of patent models going back well over 150 years. Yet is sits, gathering dust, on shelves in a warehouse never seen by the general public. Extraordinary workmanship went into a lot of them.
02-17-2018, 12:45 PM - 2 Likes   #9060
Pentaxian

I went looking for a Snowy Owl yesterday, but found this guy instead.

Last edited by tuggie76; 05-03-2018 at 01:23 PM.