Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 16942 Likes Search this Thread
02-14-2019, 09:14 AM   #10096
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Erictator Quote
You just have to understand, people that are drawn to photography are usually very visual, and a bit OCD.
Thanks; but no I don't understand not being courteous to others, when they take the time to post a photo.

02-14-2019, 10:06 AM   #10097
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by csa Quote
Thanks; but no I don't understand not being courteous to others, when they take the time to post a photo.
No argument here on that point, I was just trying to make peace.
I was trying to say, some of us are a little OCD about certain things, some are OCD about other entirely different things, which is all fine and good until we forget our manners.
At any rate, I do look forward to more posts from you and your Tamron 70-200, and thanks to you I might even have to get my Tamron out soon for an outing.
Eric
02-14-2019, 10:08 AM   #10098
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Thanks Eric; I hope you do get your 70-200 out soon!
02-14-2019, 10:23 AM - 2 Likes   #10099
Pentaxian

Thanks Eric; I hope you do get your 70-200 out soon!
Th number of times I've posted my best images on the site and had them trashed by a know it all is way more than it should ever have been. Give yourself a day or two, you'll get over it. At least I usually do.

But I find for my own peace of mind, it's better not to post images I really like or plan to print. It's rare another's opinion will positively impact my enjoyment of the issue. IMHO opinion, if I like an image I say so, if I don't I don't need to say anything, somebody else does. Let them offer encouragement.

In my case, I compare almost everything to images I have. They are either better than what I have equal or worse. In your case I think your flicker images is probably better than my best.

If it were mine, I'd take my current "best flicker" down and put yours there

Don't get discouraged, you're doing great.
The lack of understanding of how hard it is to get these wild bird images and how happy you are when you nail one is probably a little obscure to some. It's all my Tess can do to keep herself from saying "It's just another bird" sometimes.

02-14-2019, 10:29 AM - 4 Likes   #10100
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Cold night during the recent Ontario snow storm. The long shutter on this image hides the flying snow!

02-14-2019, 10:38 AM   #10101
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by bobbotron Quote
Cold night during the recent Ontario snow storm. The long shutter on this image hides the flying snow!

Beautiful blue light image.... you should consider cross posting.
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/38-photographic-technique/382965-general...ography-3.html
02-14-2019, 10:40 AM - 1 Like   #10102
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Well, this type of response to a photo I was proud of, certainly makes me not wish to post any more here; since my photo has caused the thread to be hijacked by a person that couldn't care less.
Keep on posting Carol. I need to see shots from the mountains. Still trying to convince my wife to move out that way, She is retiring at the end of next month.

I have the Tamron 70-200 f2.8 lens too. It may be the best bang for the buck in Pentax mount lenses. Owning one I certainly cannot justify getting the Pentax version. It is certainly not over 2 times better than the Tamron. I am very happy with mine.

02-14-2019, 11:02 AM - 1 Like   #10103
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Don't get discouraged, you're doing great.
Nope, I'm not discouraged with my photography; been doing it for about 65 years now.
02-14-2019, 11:05 AM   #10104
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by gaweidert Quote
Keep on posting Carol. I need to see shots from the mountains. Still trying to convince my wife to move out that way, She is retiring at the end of next month.

I have the Tamron 70-200 f2.8 lens too. It may be the best bang for the buck in Pentax mount lenses. Owning one I certainly cannot justify getting the Pentax version. It is certainly not over 2 times better than the Tamron. I am very happy with mine.
I hope you can move out this way; you wouldn't regret it! I was thrilled to get this lens in new condition; I had been wanting something like this for awhile!
02-14-2019, 11:20 AM - 1 Like   #10105
Forum Member

After reading your thoughts my mind remains unchanged too. You can't tell much of a difference unless it's extreme like some of my examples. The clocktower has motion blur in it (tripod moved) which doesn't show up on the reduced version, but if you look closely the lights are a tiny bit brighter(not washed out). The thistle is blurry.
There is no way to tell how sharp a lens is when we are dealing with such low resolutions. Don't delude yourself.
*postprocessing and style is subjective. You don't have to like my images. I haven't said one bad thing about the image CSA posted. I simply questioned the sharpness statement.

back to the topic of K3 sample images:
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
02-14-2019, 12:39 PM   #10106
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Beautiful blue light image.... you should consider cross posting.
Blue hour photography - Page 3 - PentaxForums.com
Thanks Norm! I really like that blue too. Out of camera the white balance was way orange, made for a much more abrasive image. I just wish I had turned off the light behind me before taking it, I find the light in the foreground a little distracting.
02-14-2019, 02:42 PM - 3 Likes   #10107
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well, this type of response to a photo I was proud of, certainly makes me not wish to post any more here; since my photo has caused the thread to be hijacked by a person that couldn't care less.
Carol, please do not stop posting your images because of the somewhat negative reaction from ONE person. There are many of us who love seeing your wonderful photos.
I beg you - please don't stop.
02-14-2019, 03:06 PM - 1 Like   #10108
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Thanks for the support everyone! I really appreciate it!
02-14-2019, 06:21 PM   #10109
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by rayallen Quote
Carol, please do not stop posting your images because of the somewhat negative reaction from ONE person. There are many of us who love seeing your wonderful photos.
I beg you - please don't stop.
I'll second that.
Next time the thread is derailed, please let me know.
02-14-2019, 07:36 PM   #10110
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by labidas Quote
You can't tell much of a difference unless it's extreme like some of my examples.
You mean you can't? I can.