Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-19-2013, 09:35 AM   #16

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by curlednoodles Quote
Hi! Could you please tell me if youre able to change the colour of the highlighted edges when using focus peaking? The edges were white on the K30 and it was sometimes hard to see.

Thanks.
I have checked but can't find anything on the camera or in the manual that indicates you can change the color.

11-19-2013, 09:36 AM   #17

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by tabl10s Quote
Can you shoot with all corrections enabled without the buffer slowing down in full burst and can you check the Multi White Balance correction in a location with different light sources in one location?
I'm not sure I understand what you mean with 'all corrections enabled'.
11-19-2013, 10:49 AM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by johnvr Quote
I'm not sure I understand what you mean with 'all corrections enabled'.
He means the lens corrections. On the K5 and K30, frame rate really slowed down with those turned on. The K3 doesn't really seem to be effected by those being turned on.
11-23-2013, 12:08 PM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I've had my K-3 now a couple of weeks and the grip a couple of days.

First impressions of the whole package:

That bl**dy red button! I keep hitting it with my eyebrow several times a day when holding the camera vertically with the grip on. It's mildly annoying to say the least. Why did Ricoh raise it so much?

I do like the improved AF compared to my K-5.

It feels noticeably heavier with the grip on than the K-5. That might annoy me more than the red button.

The strap is rubbish. Feels really cheap and nasty.

The sensor might be noisier than the K-5 but I haven't noticed it in the images unless I really peek at them. I have no problem with most ISO12800 images.

I like the auto white balance, even if I can adjust it later, I like it to be more or less spot on in the first place. Big improvement there.

The K-5 did not like my 10-17 at all, it over-exposed pictures by several steps. The K-3 handles the lens much better, although I've only had it on once. Might be too early to say.

The shutter sound is a metallic *snic*. I can't say I prefer it that much over the K-5, but I do like it.

07-23-2014, 10:57 PM   #20

Very short: Finally....Since last weekend I'm also a "proud owner" of the K-3... ;-) Got it used through a local forum here in Germany... Made some first shots and the big difference that I can already positively feel (vs K-5IIs) is the firm AF, the more speedy response and the nice new quick access knobs to switch between settings... next weekend I should be able to post few better pics on flickr...