Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
11-06-2013, 07:43 PM   #31
Pentaxian

Return that camera for a different one post-haste!

11-06-2013, 07:58 PM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by vonBaloney Quote
Return that camera for a different one post-haste!
That's the plan, but the store doesn't have any in store, so they are looking at other locations.

*crosses fingers*
11-06-2013, 10:16 PM   #33
Pentaxian

Mine's right on. I'd talk to Pentax.
11-06-2013, 10:43 PM   #34
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by derekkite Quote
Mine's right on. I'd talk to Pentax.
I was merely expressing a tech issue I was running into. I'm sure it's just one of those bad luck things of buying into a really new system. In no way am I saying hold off on the K3 or claiming Pentax is doomed like so many trolls. The camera is great, and the few in door shots I have taken of the dogs eye with the macro lens is amazing. I'm sure once I've exchanged bodies when the store gets another in, it will be a good experience.

11-07-2013, 08:11 AM   #35
Pentaxian

I'm sure some of these issues are just from warehouse/shipping abuse that knocks things out of whack. I wonder how tough they can reasonably make them...
11-07-2013, 08:32 AM   #36
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Dr_who Quote
I was merely expressing a tech issue I was running into. I'm sure it's just one of those bad luck things of buying into a really new system. In no way am I saying hold off on the K3 or claiming Pentax is doomed like so many trolls. The camera is great, and the few in door shots I have taken of the dogs eye with the macro lens is amazing. I'm sure once I've exchanged bodies when the store gets another in, it will be a good experience.
I've had pretty bad luck with the hoya pentax stuff I've bought, a stain on my K5, and DA*300 focus mechanisms breaking. Got them fixed under warranty. I would expect the odd thing that isn't right, and would exchange it for a new one if possible, or send it in for repair which is a pain in the neck and why I'm keeping my K5 around.
11-07-2013, 08:51 AM   #37
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Joojoo2010 Quote
Do somebody have pentax that horizon level is exactly correct? Just wonder after reading this thread...
Yes, both my k5 an K3 are exactly correct.

11-07-2013, 09:02 AM   #38
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Wow, your dog lets you take macro photos of its eyes! What breed is it, or perhaps its stuffed
11-07-2013, 09:16 AM   #39
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by unkipunki Quote
Wow, your dog lets you take macro photos of its eyes! What breed is it, or perhaps its stuffed
Haha no he's not stuffed, just highly motivated with beggin strips lol
11-07-2013, 10:48 AM   #40
Pentaxian

Here are a couple more images. I wasn't able to find a bubble level so you'll just have to take my K5IIs word for it.
Ouch! That is seriously off-kilter (far worse than my K-5). Hope your store can find a replacement for you soon...
11-07-2013, 04:26 PM   #41
Pentaxian

I'm sure once I've exchanged bodies when the store gets another in, it will be a good experience.
I'd check it before it left the store. There in no real guarantee it will be any better, as previous threads from the K-5 issue seem to suggest. Luckily, it is a function I never use so I don't worry about it.
11-08-2013, 04:05 PM   #42
Veteran Member

My K-7 is a little off but my new K-3 Silver is spot on.

So I would say you have a defective unit unfortunately. Return the camera and get another one would be the way to go I am sure.
12-10-2015, 10:29 PM   #43
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

DEAD THREAD ALERT...
My problem is with my K-30, but other K-30 users have posted on this thread with a similar problem. Here's the deal:
I had a K-30 that I purchased in June 2013. I bought the extended warranty. It was working fine with over 12000 actuations.
In July 2013 it developed the aperture control block problem. I returned it to Precision Camera. In less than a two-week turnaround, they sent me another K-30. It was a different one (different serial #), but it only had about 20 actuations on it. Good by me.
I noticed, however, that I was having trouble getting horizontal confirmation in the viewfinder, especially if I aimed my camera up at all. What I have now determined is that it is off by about 30 degrees in the y-axis. I.e., to make the vertical level even, I need to point the camera downwards about 30 degrees. That is why, apparently, whenever I start aiming the camera up, it loses its bearings and the 3 green markers just flash. You can see on the rear LCD that I have the camera level, but the vertical is almost entirely off.

Was there ever a fix provided to make a calibration? Or do I need to send this back again? Thanks.