Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-06-2013, 04:00 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
K-3 and New Pentax Flashes

I am wondering if anyone has gotten a K-3 and has had a chance to use it with one of the new Pentax flashes. If so, what were your impressions of the combo? Notice any improvements in the communication between camera and flash? Improvements in PTTL function? Other observations?

11-06-2013, 04:06 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by pghwarrior23 Quote
I am wondering if anyone has gotten a K-3 and has had a chance to use it with one of the new Pentax flashes. If so, what were your impressions of the combo? Notice any improvements in the communication between camera and flash? Improvements in PTTL function? Other observations?
Should have the flashes next week or at the end of this week, so I'll let you know! Don't think there are any K-3 specific improvements/features, though.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-06-2013, 04:10 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I thought perhaps with new flashes and new camera that some thought might have been put into play about improving the performance of both working in harmony. Can't wait to read your review on the flashes!
11-06-2013, 06:01 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have both the K3 and AF540FGZII. Bounce flash and wireless exposure appear to be spot on compared to my K5IIs so this combo is looking good. I will try more options to see if performance continues.

Dale

11-06-2013, 06:05 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks Dale! Exposure was a big deal for me with the 540 and K5. I would have to use it manual which also only worked well if I tried to keep within the same basic distance from the subject with same camera settings as I am running and gunning around an event. I always envy Nikon shooters running and gunning an event and just firing and the camera and flash getting it right every time shooting TTL
11-07-2013, 12:55 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I bought the AF360 FGZ II last week, but I haven't received my K-3 yet, so I tried a few shots with my K-5. One of a black dog in a dark room, using only the LCD to obtain focus. Result: focus and exposure spot on! I've also tried a couple of bounce flash shots of said doggy. One with the head facing forward (the flash head, not the dog's) and one with it facing back over my shoulder. Those came out properly exposed, too. So far, things are looking good.
11-07-2013, 01:16 AM   #7
Inactive Account

Good to hear about those new flashes performance, must grab another flash at some stage (currently a Metz 46 and a little manual Sunpack)