Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-07-2013, 09:36 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by alcstudios Quote
HMMMM, my grip has been on order for a couple of weeks, B&H site still says available for pre order. I called them earlier today and they could not give me a timeframe.
Well, I pre-ordered on "opening day" so I guess mine was covered by the first shipment. Sounds like you'll have to wait until they re-stock, but the way things have been going so far, it doesn't seem like you'll have to wait very long. They must not have received very many in that first shipment. I'm sure grip sales are only a small fraction of body sales.

11-07-2013, 09:38 PM   #17

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by DogLover Quote
Well, I pre-ordered on "opening day" so I guess mine was covered by the first shipment. Sounds like you'll have to wait until they re-stock, but the way things have been going so far, it doesn't seem like you'll have to wait very long. They must not have received very many in that first shipment. I'm sure grip sales are only a small fraction of body sales.
I know it won't take long, just getting antsy over here..lol
11-09-2013, 12:13 AM   #18
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
I'm waiting as well and I could sure use it now too for shooting basketball and volleyball.
11-10-2013, 04:42 PM   #19

Anyone waiting on the grip get an email from b&h?, I got one this morning saying that they haven't yet received merchandise from their supplier, really thinking of cancelling and going with adorama who has received merchandise from their supplier and shows the grip in stock now, I know it's $30 higher but I shoot youth sports all day with a 50-500... I need my damn grip. Has B&H had that many more orders for grips than adorama?

11-10-2013, 05:20 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Well, B&H does sell quite a bit more of pretty much everything than Adorama. I'd be really surprised if it took them very long to get more. I'd defer my grip that's supposed to arrive Tuesday to you if I could. I'm waiting on a replacement K-3 anyway.
11-10-2013, 05:41 PM   #21

Thanks for the offer, send me your grip and I'll write you a hot check I emailed adorama to see if they will price match, they show the grip for $229
11-11-2013, 03:00 AM   #22
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I've been using my grip extensively and I've seen one issue at least 2 times.

Im using 2 batteries (1 is from the K-3, other is from the K-5) fully charged with The battery selection set on auto in the K-3 menu.

At some point when one of the battery is showing one less bar in the display, the body is performing really slow, hangs with nothing displayed on any of the screens....for a few seconds.
Then it works fine for a couple shots and then same behaviour happening again and again.

I have to manually set the battery selection to the Body first to avoid this behaviour. If I come back to previous setting, it act weirds again.
So basically as soon as one of the battery is getting lower in charge (1 bar is missing in the indicator) it act weird and I have to manually switch to Body first.

It's frustrating because with this behaviour I can't use the 2 batteries to their maximum capacity. If I dont use the grip I can do a minimum of 1250 shots, so far I can't do more than 2000 shots with 2 batteries in same conditions.

I will check how it goes with AA batteries instead and report here.

Anyone with same issue ?

11-11-2013, 09:55 AM   #23

I sent adorama an email asking them if they would price match with the competition, heres what they sent me

Thank you for your request to match prices with one of our competitors. Price matching is always done on a case by case basis as a courtesy to our customers. Unfortunately, we will be unable to match the price. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you for shopping with us we appreciate your business.
11-11-2013, 12:11 PM   #24
dbh
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by DimC Quote
I've been using my grip extensively and I've seen one issue at least 2 times.

Im using 2 batteries (1 is from the K-3, other is from the K-5) fully charged with The battery selection set on auto in the K-3 menu.

At some point when one of the battery is showing one less bar in the display, the body is performing really slow, hangs with nothing displayed on any of the screens....for a few seconds.
Then it works fine for a couple shots and then same behaviour happening again and again.

I have to manually set the battery selection to the Body first to avoid this behaviour. If I come back to previous setting, it act weirds again.
So basically as soon as one of the battery is getting lower in charge (1 bar is missing in the indicator) it act weird and I have to manually switch to Body first.

It's frustrating because with this behaviour I can't use the 2 batteries to their maximum capacity. If I dont use the grip I can do a minimum of 1250 shots, so far I can't do more than 2000 shots with 2 batteries in same conditions.

I will check how it goes with AA batteries instead and report here.

Anyone with same issue ?
I have been having a similar problem - solved by going to just one battery. Doesn't seem to matter where that battery is - grip or body - so for convenient access I've been keeping the battery in the grip.

Hoping this can be fixed with a firmware update.
11-11-2013, 02:46 PM   #25
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by alcstudios Quote
I sent adorama an email asking them if they would price match with the competition, heres what they sent me

Thank you for your request to match prices with one of our competitors. Price matching is always done on a case by case basis as a courtesy to our customers. Unfortunately, we will be unable to match the price. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you for shopping with us we appreciate your business.
I bet it's because B&H doesn't show them in stock, even though I'm sure they know that B&H is not one of those online retailers that shows "phantom" prices on items they don't actually have. They're just saying, "well, if you want one now, this is what it costs." Jerks.
11-12-2013, 04:45 AM   #26
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by dbh Quote
I have been having a similar problem - solved by going to just one battery. Doesn't seem to matter where that battery is - grip or body - so for convenient access I've been keeping the battery in the grip.

Hoping this can be fixed with a firmware update.
Thanks for getting back to me, Ill wait for some firmware update too. not a big deal.
11-18-2013, 10:17 AM   #27
Forum Member

D-BG5 grip is still unavailable at B&H. Anybody have any news on when they might have it in stock?
11-20-2013, 01:06 PM   #28

QuoteOriginally posted by bgdisc Quote
D-BG5 grip is still unavailable at B&H. Anybody have any news on when they might have it in stock?

You could always ask Chuck in the "ask B&H forum". B&H has always been my first choice when ordering online and probably always will be but I had to go with Adorama on my grip, I know I paid an additional $30 bucks but I got what I wanted when I wanted it. I did talk to our Pentax rep at the D/FW photo expo last weekend, she didn't say much but I gathered its a Pentax issue and not B&H, they just had so many grips ordered and supply isn't keeping up.

Its very nice to have a gripped K3 but a little piece of me wishes I would have waited for B&H.
11-21-2013, 05:48 AM   #29
Adorama Camera Representative

QuoteOriginally posted by DogLover Quote
I bet it's because B&H doesn't show them in stock, even though I'm sure they know that B&H is not one of those online retailers that shows "phantom" prices on items they don't actually have. They're just saying, "well, if you want one now, this is what it costs." Jerks.
No, not at all. It is because our policy is to price match to equally reputable retailers - who have the item in stock at the time of the price match.

Doesn't matter who it is; for all we know, a retailer may be out of stock, and when their inventory is refreshed the price may have increased.
11-21-2013, 08:15 AM   #30
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Helen Oster Quote
No, not at all. It is because our policy is to price match to equally reputable retailers - who have the item in stock at the time of the price match.

Doesn't matter who it is; for all we know, a retailer may be out of stock, and when their inventory is refreshed the price may have increased.
What do you mean, "not at all?" That's exactly what I said.