Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-28-2013, 01:40 AM   #31
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bxf Quote
Am I the only one who takes the wink at the end of danny09's post as meaning that he's not being serious?
I am serious. Wink notwithstanding, I sincerely think Mr.Gampat did put in efforts to fairly evaluate the camera. I am in the market for a APSC camera so his(or anyone's) critical views on K3 help. As always I am more interested in 4 star reviews while purchasing a product on Amazon, rather than 5 star reviews

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
What is Fuji doing in that list? I don't think you can argue that Fuji has a more complete portfolio of glass or equipment, or anything else. Clearly Canon and Nikon have more options with regard to glass and in particular with regard to flash photography. But that general disrespect of Pentax's glass is just silly
Fuji has indeed developed a unique camera with some R&D money thrown towards designing a APSC CMOS that has been widely acclaimed. See here Fujifilm X-Pro1 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
QuoteQuote:
Pentax glass is sharp. There was a post a while back which had comparison shots between the Sigma 35 f1.4 (which is probably sharper than Nikon's 35mm), and the FA 31 limited and the FA 31 measured up quite well. If people aren't getting sharp photos with Pentax glass, it isn't because the glass isn't good.
Probably he got a bad copy of those lenses. (just like Adam got a bad copy of 21mm 3.2 ltd lens :lol ) I dont own any ltd glass. The closest I have come is when I purchased a Da 15mm ltd from Amazon Warehouse. Had to return it, too soft at F4 and small numbered apertures!

QuoteOriginally posted by DogLover Quote
If that's the case, then he really needs to work on his sarcasm or tongue-in-cheek or whatever he was going for.
English is not my 1st language. Please forgive the malfeasance.
QuoteOriginally posted by tabl10s Quote
Hahaha.

11-28-2013, 04:21 AM - 1 Like   #32
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by danny09 Quote
I am serious. Wink notwithstanding, I sincerely think Mr.Gampat did put in efforts to fairly evaluate the camera. I am in the market for a APSC camera so his(or anyone's) critical views on K3 help. As always I am more interested in 4 star reviews while purchasing a product on Amazon, rather than 5 star reviews

Fuji has indeed developed a unique camera with some R&D money thrown towards designing a APSC CMOS that has been widely acclaimed. See here Fujifilm X-Pro1 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Probably he got a bad copy of those lenses. (just like Adam got a bad copy of 21mm 3.2 ltd lens :lol ) I dont own any ltd glass. The closest I have come is when I purchased a Da 15mm ltd from Amazon Warehouse. Had to return it, too soft at F4 and small numbered apertures!

English is not my 1st language. Please forgive the malfeasance.

Fuji has a "system" with five lenses, one of which is a kit lens. Forgive me if the fact they use an unusual Bayer filter that makes it hard for third party software to deal with their RAW files, doesn't make me dance for joy. I know people do love the X Pro, but it certainly doesn't feel like a complete camera system and most people I know who shoot with it have it as an add on to an existing SLR.

The DA 15 limited is a pretty weak lens with regard to sharpness. Just have to resign yourself to shoot at f8, but I won't get rid of my copy. On the other hand, the FA limiteds, DA * primes and DA * 50-135 are pretty amazing, both with regard to sharpness and with regard to rendering out of focus areas.

I believe that every brand has good lenses. Nikon, Canon and even Fuji have them, but it does bother me when people act like Pentax's lenses are old designs that just don't work very well any more compared to the modern designed lenses of other companies.
12-03-2013, 03:57 PM - 1 Like   #33
Pentaxian

He did a follow up in which he demonstrates the K-3's weather-sealing.

Where did he find a card that slow???

He is using it "just for demonstration purposes"?
To waste the viewers' time?
To make the K-3 look slower than a K100D?

Checking the focus can be done straight away after the shot by zooming into the preview but he often presses multiple buttons instead.

Goodness gracious...
12-03-2013, 06:08 PM   #34
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
He must have used a Class 2 card. That was terribly slow, but what do you expect when having to force the camera to shove a 24Mp image onto such a slow card...

12-03-2013, 06:38 PM   #35
Veteran Member

He probably didn't want to risk damaging one of his good cards.
12-03-2013, 07:08 PM   #36
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by krebsy75 Quote
He probably didn't want to risk damaging one of his good cards.
He probably didn't want to risk having to give the K-3 an unqualified good review.