Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
11-08-2013, 06:52 PM   #16
Pentaxian

I think that the Flucard shipping will be at the three to four week announcement pace that they have established. The K-3 was announced, then shipped, then the new lenses. They need something in a couple of weeks, so the flucard. I'll get one, and others as well, and it will be discussed. Then another announcement a month or so later for something else. The challenge is to not run out of money. Not Ricoh, me.

11-08-2013, 07:02 PM   #17
Veteran Member

My friend saw it in action at the Montreal Photo show . It really control all of the main function of the camera. It's real
11-08-2013, 07:51 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by tzeentchiangod Quote
It means you have a Flucard, but not a Pentax Flucard.
I think we are reaching that conclusion - however I haven't downloaded any apps. Might find once the pentax/flucard app is out it might have greater functionality.
11-24-2013, 11:36 AM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
According to Pentax USA, they will be available in December.

The rep at PhotoPlus said it's a rather simple implementation, but he went on to say that you could fully control the camera's basic settings (shutter speed, aperture, ISO, focus), shoot, and review wirelessly, so it all sounds rather exciting!
Thanks Adam,

I just [back-]ordered the Pentax OFC-1 from Adorama for $99.

I am curious, I thought Pentax Forums had a connection with both Adorama and B&H? The reason I ask is because after my purchase, there was a mini-survey that asked the question, "How did you hear about us?" but this choices did not include Pentax Forums. Curious.

BTW, I have *very* happy with my new K-3 but I had to buy it in Canada in order to have a Canadian warranty. Other Canadians should consider buying from Carman's Photo Source.

11-24-2013, 02:51 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Carman is not the best price in Canada
The best tool is Photoprice.ca to know where is the best deal for Canadian
B&H and Adorama are not competitive anymore on many Pentax product for Canadian
11-24-2013, 06:53 PM   #21

Location: Jessica Lake, Whiteshell Provincial Park, or Winnipeg Manitoba, Canada
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Henry's will price match too - or at least do a pretty good job of coming close to the competition. I picked up my K-3 for $13 above the lowest price without having to wait for it to be shipped. I used the Photoprice.ca to get the lowest price and took that information to Henry's.
11-24-2013, 11:13 PM   #22
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bobmaxja Quote
Carman is not the best price in Canada
The best tool is Photoprice.ca to know where is the best deal for Canadian
B&H and Adorama are not competitive anymore on many Pentax product for Canadian
Um... Photoprice is $1229.97, I purchased my K-3 from Carman's for $1,199.00 and no shipping charges. Price difference is really negligible but still, Photoprice claiming the lowest price in Canada is rather silly. Besides, Carmen also shipped over night for free.

04-16-2014, 05:30 PM   #23
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

FluCard Pro O-FC1 Not Working Right??

I have the FluCard Pro O-FC1 I bought from Adorama on March 20th. It was responding pretty slowly, but I thought that's how it was supposed to work? I was able to use it using my Chrome browser on some Android devices I have, a Samsung Galaxy S4, Motorola Xoom, and a HTC Thunderbolt.

The response time was really slow...but not having much experience with the card I didn't know if that is what was expected. Then when I went to take the card out of the camera and put it in my computer to offload the photos, I noticed the beeping in my computer. On my Windows 8 PC it tolerated the card, but it didn't go well in the Windows 7 computer, and after the beeping stopped (about 7 seconds) the computer dismounted the card. I was taking candid photos of a robin pecking at a mirrored image of himself, but because of the response time it was hard to really get things focused on the bird and even tell when the photo was being saved to the card. It's a nice feature, but the response time is very poor.

Then what i did was take the card to the Windows 8 PC and within 7 seconds, copied a few photos at a time. After the beeping stopped, the card was no longer accessible to copy photos. I was able to get all the photos copied, but only within a few seconds each time, and after that I'd have to remove the card and put it back in the computer and start the process over with another few photos.

I read the PDF manual for the card and it doesn't say anything really about transferring photos. I'd say that the card works for taking photos, but it's difficult to get the photos off the card to the computer, especially the RAW images.

Any ideas?
04-17-2014, 12:04 AM   #24
Unregistered User

QuoteOriginally posted by bpcarlson Quote
I have the FluCard Pro O-FC1 I bought from Adorama on March 20th. It was responding pretty slowly, but I thought that's how it was supposed to work? I was able to use it using my Chrome browser on some Android devices I have, a Samsung Galaxy S4, Motorola Xoom, and a HTC Thunderbolt.

The response time was really slow...but not having much experience with the card I didn't know if that is what was expected. Then when I went to take the card out of the camera and put it in my computer to offload the photos, I noticed the beeping in my computer. On my Windows 8 PC it tolerated the card, but it didn't go well in the Windows 7 computer, and after the beeping stopped (about 7 seconds) the computer dismounted the card. I was taking candid photos of a robin pecking at a mirrored image of himself, but because of the response time it was hard to really get things focused on the bird and even tell when the photo was being saved to the card. It's a nice feature, but the response time is very poor.

Then what i did was take the card to the Windows 8 PC and within 7 seconds, copied a few photos at a time. After the beeping stopped, the card was no longer accessible to copy photos. I was able to get all the photos copied, but only within a few seconds each time, and after that I'd have to remove the card and put it back in the computer and start the process over with another few photos.

I read the PDF manual for the card and it doesn't say anything really about transferring photos. I'd say that the card works for taking photos, but it's difficult to get the photos off the card to the computer, especially the RAW images.

Any ideas?
There are more than one thread about how it works. Using landscape orientation when using live view on a phone makes the stream flow very close to realtime. Why the card stops working when in a computer I do not know. Mine on Win 7 beeps but it does not disconnect.
04-17-2014, 01:56 AM   #25
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Tjompen1968 Quote
There are more than one thread about how it works. Using landscape orientation when using live view on a phone makes the stream flow very close to realtime. Why the card stops working when in a computer I do not know. Mine on Win 7 beeps but it does not disconnect.
Thanks... So while in your computer you can easily access the photos without any problem?
04-17-2014, 02:08 AM   #26
Unregistered User

QuoteOriginally posted by bpcarlson Quote
Thanks... So while in your computer you can easily access the photos without any problem?
The flucard in the card reader on the computer behaves as any SD-card.