Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-29-2013, 04:50 AM - 1 Like   #61
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I'm glad I found this thread. The slow speed of the Ultras I'd been using was really bugging me, especially for the animal photography I do (lots of images to capture fast-moving critters). And with a big trip to Borneo coming up in a couple of months, I know I need to stock up on fast cards so that I can capture all the amazing wildlife I'll see. I considered getting the Sandisk Extreme Pro cards but at $61 a piece for a 32GB card at Adorama, I thought it was worth experimenting with the slightly slower Extreme cards (still speedy with a read speed of 80mbs) and a little less expensive at about $47.50 each. I experimented with them yesterday and they certainly seem fast enough for my purposes, I combined them with a new Kingston USB 3.0 card reader (to speed about post-processing). The cats are not happy, though, that my images are downloading faster - I used to use that wait time to play with them, and now I barely have time to pour myself a cup of coffee.

12-29-2013, 08:17 AM   #62
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Got a pair of these when they were on sale in early December:

Amazon.com: PNY Elite Performance 64GB UHS-1 SDXC Flash Card (P-SDX64U1H-GE): Computers & Accessories

Work great... no problems...

Cheers... M