Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-10-2013, 01:05 PM   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by hooverfocus Quote
Say Canon to anyone, they will think cameras first, photocopiers second.
Disagree with 'anyone'.. Most people associate Canon with 'printers' (and expensive inks).

11-10-2013, 10:44 PM   #17

QuoteOriginally posted by hooverfocus Quote
Say Canon to anyone, they will think cameras first, photocopiers second. Now do the same with Ricoh.

That's incorrect.
Persons who spend more time in an office and aren't into photography would think the other way around.
We, as photo oriented persons definitely see Canon as a camera brand first, but the reality is cameras aren't their main product.
11-11-2013, 09:05 AM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Kennod Quote
Let's be realistic. The K-3 isn't a Pentax camera with Ricoh stamped on the back. it is a Ricoh camera of Pentax heritage with Pentax stamped on the front. As long as Ricoh continue to make great cameras with a K-mount then, as far as I am concerned, they have the right to put the Pentax brand and the Ricoh logo together. I (and my collection of Pentax K-mount lenses) certainly hope they continue to do so.
This just makes so much sense. My first SLR was an Asahi Pentax MX. I now enjoy a Ricoh Pentax K-5IIs. All my MX lenses work with the new DSLRS. It still has the wonderful handling. i understand the emotional attachment to the name Pentax. All the pictures of my children when the were growing up were taken with the MX. I like having Pentax on my camera BUT what counts is how it works and Ricoh has improved that significantly. This will especially be true if they succeed in getting a significant number of US dealers to carry Pentax again.
11-11-2013, 12:28 PM   #19
Forum Member

Whats important is which brand can draw more (new young) people to Ricoh /Pentax. More buyers --> bigger budget to R&D (hopefully) / Lars