Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
11-10-2013, 03:05 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
FWIW I had an issue with the K-3 shutting down. I had the grip plus a third party batter (Pearlstone) in the camera. Both batteries showed a charge. Not sure what caused it, but I removed the grip and replaced the batter and it's been ok ever since.

11-10-2013, 03:11 PM   #17

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by aaalegre Quote
I went from Grip first to Auto then to Body first and Body first seems to be the one for now until the fix.
I always went grip first and had the body as a backup ( bummer )

Well as far as my last post that did not work either
11-10-2013, 03:58 PM   #18
dbh
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Well as far as my last post that did not work either
I was afraid of that, but looks like it can't handle 2 batteries. At least it seems like it doesn't matter where the single battery is - the grip location is easier to get at.

I'm anxious for this to get fixed. It's a good to know I'm not the only one, although I'm surprised nobody else has shown up with this power on problem so far.
11-10-2013, 03:59 PM   #19
Veteran Member

To further your surprise, I've encountered no issues with two batteries and grip attached.

11-10-2013, 04:30 PM   #20

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dbh Quote
I was afraid of that, but looks like it can't handle 2 batteries. At least it seems like it doesn't matter where the single battery is - the grip location is easier to get at.

I'm anxious for this to get fixed. It's a good to know I'm not the only one, although I'm surprised nobody else has shown up with this power on problem so far.
I'm wondering if the eye-fi card as anything to do with it..
how many of you are using this ?
11-10-2013, 04:47 PM   #21
dbh
Inactive Account

I'm wondering if the eye-fi card as anything to do with it..
how many of you are using this ?
Not me, I have a 4G Sandisk Extreme-III in each slot. I'm going to try pulling out the one in slot-2 and putting the second battery back in.
If Pentax is watching this thread I bet they're having a right laugh...
11-10-2013, 04:53 PM   #22

Original Poster
Not me, I have a 4G Sandisk Extreme-III in each slot. I'm going to try pulling out the one in slot-2 and putting the second battery back in.
If Pentax is watching this thread I bet they're having a right laugh...
Im sure they already know

11-10-2013, 05:15 PM   #23
dbh
Inactive Account

Well that didn't take long. Within 15 min of powering it off after putting both batteries back in, it refused to power back on.
11-10-2013, 05:24 PM   #24

Original Poster
Well that didn't take long. Within 15 min of powering it off after putting both batteries back in, it refused to power back on.
you are able to power on aren't you ?
11-10-2013, 05:31 PM   #25
dbh
Inactive Account

you are able to power on aren't you ?
I can power on again now that I took the second battery out. As long as there is only one, I can power on without any problem. I'm keeping the body empty and using the grip to keep the battery. If this is not rectified in the first firmware update, I'll be taking the camera back for warranty repair. This is irritating.
11-10-2013, 05:40 PM   #26
Veteran Member

I can power on again now that I took the second battery out. As long as there is only one, I can power on without any problem. I'm keeping the body empty and using the grip to keep the battery. If this is not rectified in the first firmware update, I'll be taking the camera back for warranty repair. This is irritating.
I'd be careful about that. They can probably only fix it with new firmware and would just sit on your camera until they got it. Understand your frustration, though.
11-10-2013, 05:41 PM   #27

Original Poster
I look at it this way not the warranty put a replacement this is brand new
11-17-2013, 10:53 AM   #28
dbh
Inactive Account

I went from Grip first to Auto then to Body first and Body first seems to be the one for now until the fix.
I always went grip first and had the body as a backup ( bummer )
How has this been working for you since your last post?
11-17-2013, 03:06 PM   #29

Same here

Have the same issue...K3 with DBG-5 installed with original batteries...when shutting K3 off I have to switch grip on/off and then K3 two or three times on/off before K3 is willing to start.....let's hope a quick firmware release..

Same thing here. Seems to only happen with the grip attached and with a battery in the grip.
Steps to reproduce:
battery in both body and grip
attach the grip
power off
wait
after a varying amount of time, but usually no more than 20minutes, it won't power on without pulling out both batteries
Thought it might be just me.
I smell a bug.
So far, leaving the grip attached but with a battery in the body only avoids the problem.
11-17-2013, 04:42 PM   #30

Original Poster
How has this been working for you since your last post?
It worked for quite some time and as of yesterday it failed had to turn on and off a few times