Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-28-2014, 10:58 AM   #16

Photos: Gallery | Albums
My K-3 won't stop dowen at all, when a M-lens i attatched.
Oldet Pentax digital cameras - like the 'istD - had an "other than A" option in the customable functions settings, but the K-3 seems to be missing this. C-27 gives me the option to enable the shutter to release, whenthe aperture ring is set to "other than A". But the camera still won't stop down!!!. Why? Am I doing something wrong here? Can this be fixed? I too have older "legacy" lenses :-)

Regars
Jens, Denmark

---------- Post added 05-28-2014 at 08:28 PM ----------

I just found out - I guess. The camera must be set to M (manual metering) - and of cource the C-27 must be set to 2 (allow shutter to realease when the aperture ring is set to other than A).
I can meter by turning the stop-down dial at the release button. While turning this dial with my 1.st. finger (index finger), I can turn the front shutter dial, using my 2 nd. finger (middle finger) until the meter in the viewfinder says it's OK.
Is this the way its done?
Regards
Jens, Denmark

Last edited by Photodana; 05-28-2014 at 11:00 AM. Reason: spelling errors
05-28-2014, 11:48 AM   #17
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Photodana Quote
Is this the way its done?
One of two ways and the way preferred by many users on this site. The other way is to press the green button to momentarily stop the lens down and get a reading.

Steve
05-28-2014, 12:02 PM   #18

Hi Steve.
It seems to me, that the green button won't keep the lens stoped down for long. And the metering indications in the viewfinder don't seem to be affected by the green button. In older Pentax DSLR's this didn't seem to be a problem. The green button would stay down and activate the meter properly, right?

Regards
Jens
05-28-2014, 12:54 PM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

On the *istD pressing the green button got you a momentary stop down of the lens an set the shutter speed to match the aperture set. Mother meter in the viewfinder, itself , is not activated. When you use the DOF preview, on the power switch, the lens stops down, the meter is activated to show you the exposure, but no adjustment to shutter speed is made.

05-28-2014, 12:58 PM   #20

Hi Steve
I found out, that you are right :-) The green button will set the proper shuterspeed for the chosen aperture.
Long time ago since I used old lenses. I want to now. I have a few great, old lenses, like the M* 4 300mm, the K 2.5 135mm, the K 2.8 105mm and some more...
Thanks for helping out.
Regards
Jens
05-28-2014, 01:02 PM   #21

If the aperture ring is enabled and preview mode set to optical do the EV meter bars turn on in manual mode when activating DOF preview? Or has Pentax eliminated this feature on the "flagships" now?

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/53-pentax-dslr-camera-articles/100260-man...ic-lenses.html
05-28-2014, 05:06 PM   #22
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Photodana Quote
Hi Steve
I found out, that you are right :-) The green button will set the proper shuterspeed for the chosen aperture.
Yep...Both methods work and it is just a matter of preference.

Steve