Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
11-10-2013, 09:16 PM   #1

Photos: Albums
Getting smaller photos for tablet viewing

I haven't seen this question posted anywhere and maybe because its a dumb question but here goes. I would like a way to put pics on my Samsung tablet at the shoot location but I do not want to fill my tablet up with 24mp files. Would it be possible with firmware to be able to shoot 24mp on 1 card and 2-4mp on the other for tablet viewing? or is it possible now and I'm just not figuring it out?

11-10-2013, 09:41 PM - 1 Like   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by alcstudios Quote
I haven't seen this question posted anywhere and maybe because its a dumb question but here goes. I would like a way to put pics on my Samsung tablet at the shoot location but I do not want to fill my tablet up with 24mp files. Would it be possible with firmware to be able to shoot 24mp on 1 card and 2-4mp on the other for tablet viewing? or is it possible now and I'm just not figuring it out?
You could shoot RAW+, select 2Mp or 6Mp mode, and split the RAWs/JPEGs. That way, one of your cards will contain smaller jpegs while the other will contain the full-size raws.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-10-2013, 09:46 PM   #3

Original Poster
That's true Adam and I considered that but I shoot youth sports and rarely shoot in raw
11-10-2013, 10:32 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by alcstudios Quote
That's true Adam and I considered that but I shoot youth sports and rarely shoot in raw
The K-3 should be able to handle it, just make sure the raw card is 95 Mb/s.

The other option would be to wait for the flucard and browse photos using the wifi connection.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-11-2013, 12:47 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
You could just do a batch resize at the end of the day. Keep the 24MP JPEGS and get a folder with 2MP ones.
11-11-2013, 02:56 AM   #6
Banned

Photos: Gallery
I think you might even wright full size 24mp jpg to one card and smaller size to the second wifi (flu) card.

The resizing can also be done incamera offcourse afterwards.
11-11-2013, 11:11 AM   #7

there is a option in the wireless menu that auto resize to xs file for transfer.

I believe it is for big jpg in card 1 and write small jpb to 2 for eyefi transfer.

I have not test that since I shoot raw to card 1.

11-11-2013, 06:50 PM   #8

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mactrash Quote
there is a option in the wireless menu that auto resize to xs file for transfer.

I believe it is for big jpg in card 1 and write small jpb to 2 for eyefi transfer.

I have not test that since I shoot raw to card 1.
Thanks, I found the info on pg 80, just what I was looking for.

Last edited by alcstudios; 11-11-2013 at 07:37 PM.
11-11-2013, 08:54 PM   #9

Original Poster
Ran to Best buy and got me a Mobi eye-fi card, never had one before, followed directions on page 80 and now I have 2mp files transferring straight to my tablet. Thanks for the help gents.