Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 14 Likes Search this Thread
12-20-2013, 09:33 PM   #61
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by k10dbook Quote
Rest assured that all of my e-books are written in an easy-to-understand and non-technical way..
I am happy to go through the basics as long as the advanced features are comprehensively covered as well!

It is almost an insult to the K3 for Ricoh to provide such scant documentation.

12-24-2013, 12:54 AM - 3 Likes   #62
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I finally completed the pentax k-3 e-book. I'm tired and going to bed. I did release it before Christmas. It's 300 pages of easy to understand information on how to use the K-3. Merry Christmas everyone.
Ebooks4cameras
12-24-2013, 05:35 AM - 1 Like   #63
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I finally completed the pentax k-3 e-book. I'm tired and going to bed. I did release it before Christmas. It's 300 pages of easy to understand information on how to use the K-3. Merry Christmas everyone.
Ebooks4cameras
Thanks!

Just in time for a few days at the in-laws.
12-24-2013, 04:59 PM   #64

Location: Jessica Lake, Whiteshell Provincial Park, or Winnipeg Manitoba, Canada
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Ebooks4cameras
Awesome! When I'm home from the hospital I will order my copy! Merry Chrstmas.

12-25-2013, 02:24 PM   #65
Veteran Member

Ebooks4cameras
Yvon, I downloaded a copy yesterday, and will have to say that your e-book is 100% better than the factory manual, and explains things not only in greater depth, but it's easily understandable. Great effort on your part to get it out so soon. There are a few typos and references to the K-50 and K-500 which probably weren't intended to be there, but I'd say it's an indispensable adjunct to the factory manual. I assume you will continue to polish it and update it when the FLU-card becomes available. It might be good to include more info on the GPS unit, which works well on the K-3, as it did on the K-5 series. Overall, good job. I know you busted your butt to get it out quickly.

Best,
John
12-25-2013, 02:35 PM   #66
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

ThanksYvon, downloaded and on my iPad Mini. Puts the Ricoh effort to shame.

David
12-25-2013, 09:34 PM   #67
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I did work hard to get it out before Christmas. I appreciate all comments. As notes, as soon as the Flucard is available, I will include that in my e-book. As for the GPS, I don't own one and if someone out there has one and wants to explain how to use it in details, send me the text and I will include it in the next edition of the K-3, with credit to your name. I am sure that there is some typos in the current Christmas edition, as I did not have time to send it to my editor. I will post here and on my blog when a new edition is available. The download of new editions are always free for people that already purchased the e-book.

Thank you again for your encouragement and the dozens of emails about how much the e-book was more user-friendly and complete than the manufacturer manual. In Ricoh/Pentax's defence, they sell cameras and not books. Their manual assume that the reader knows a lot about photography to begin with.

Yvon Bourque

p.s. I am always pleased when I can help any photographer, from entry-level to some way more experienced than me. I learn something everyday from people around me.

12-26-2013, 02:12 AM   #68
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Bob from Aus Quote
This site will produce a manual PENTAX DSLRs
I will be getting the K3 manual when it's produced even though I didn't see the need for the K10, 20, 7 or 5
I just ordered my k3 with bhphoto. And from what I'm reading here about, I'm definitely going to need a better manual to understand the camera features and possible settings more. I'm a nikon shooter coming to pentax, and I hope this manual thing won't be a dent on my first experience with pentax. I'm interested in where to obtain that manual you mentioned in your post and I would appreciate it very much if you could give me some info on how to obtain one. Thanks in advance!
12-26-2013, 04:52 AM   #69
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I did work hard to get it out before Christmas. I appreciate all comments. As notes, as soon as the Flucard is available, I will include that in my e-book. As for the GPS, I don't own one and if someone out there has one and wants to explain how to use it in details, send me the text and I will include it in the next edition of the K-3, with credit to your name. I am sure that there is some typos in the current Christmas edition, as I did not have time to send it to my editor. I will post here and on my blog when a new edition is available. The download of new editions are always free for people that already purchased the e-book.

Thank you again for your encouragement and the dozens of emails about how much the e-book was more user-friendly and complete than the manufacturer manual. In Ricoh/Pentax's defence, they sell cameras and not books. Their manual assume that the reader knows a lot about photography to begin with.

Yvon Bourque

p.s. I am always pleased when I can help any photographer, from entry-level to some way more experienced than me. I learn something everyday from people around me.
Thank you for the excellent work! Just got my copy!!!
12-26-2013, 09:45 AM   #70
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by konquerian Quote
I just ordered my k3 with bhphoto. And from what I'm reading here about, I'm definitely going to need a better manual to understand the camera features and possible settings more. I'm a nikon shooter coming to pentax, and I hope this manual thing won't be a dent on my first experience with pentax. I'm interested in where to obtain that manual you mentioned in your post and I would appreciate it very much if you could give me some info on how to obtain one. Thanks in advance!
Follow the link for the K-3 e-book in the post #6 on the first page of this thread.

Best Regards

Last edited by Tom S.; 12-26-2013 at 01:10 PM. Reason: Personal link removed.
12-26-2013, 09:48 AM   #71
Veteran Member

Yvon Bourque

Yvon,

I will work on a GPS section for you today. Please PM me with your e-mail address and I will send you a Word file as soon as I can.

Best,
John
12-26-2013, 05:40 PM   #72
Inactive Account

Follow the link for the K-3 e-book in the post #6 on the first page of this thread.

Best Regards
Thank you so much Marosari for that! I placed my order with them and have already downloaded the ebook. Thanks again.
12-28-2013, 07:20 PM   #73

Was hoping K-3 manual would equal K-x's...

I really liked my 3+year-old K-x manual of 315 pages, but I guess I'll have to BUY a decent manual after I pay 3x more for the K-3!!! Sheesh...
01-02-2014, 03:29 PM   #74
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I have now read the K3 manual cover to cover. Aside from being half-pages it is the same as every toher manual - an engineer's description of the function of each button and menu line, but little if any discussion of how to configure the camera for a certain situation or use.
01-02-2014, 06:35 PM   #75
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
I have now read the K3 manual cover to cover. Aside from being half-pages it is the same as every toher manual - an engineer's description of the function of each button and menu line, but little if any discussion of how to configure the camera for a certain situation or use.
At last someone here has agreed with my observation of several pages back.

But what is worse is that the engineers designing it must have a use case analysis to describe the way it is meant to work - then the manual writers do not translate that into ordinary person talk to teach us how it was intended to be used!