Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-17-2013, 07:03 PM   #31

I can't wait for the Pentax K 0.2 really what king of thought goes down in numbers :/

11-17-2013, 09:35 PM   #32
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by asahi man Quote
Yes,this is right.
I know the old K-3 specs under Hoya,lot of differents to the Ricoh Pentax K-3 today.
The old Plan was to bring the K-3 beginning of 2013,than Summer and now we have Autumn/Winter.
Now,the better K-3 is a Ricoh/Pentax baby.
Same the new lenses and Converter,Hoya stopped lot of thing and/or Ricoh is starting it again or bring it in a new/better variation.
Same the 560mm,i know about a different version of this lens.
Beginns before Hoya,than changed under Hoya and the next was Ricoh with the current version.
Pentax had a lot of good projects before Hoya.......and now,Ricoh will bring the most of them.
2014 will be very interesting,like the the known end of 2013.
Look to the great K-3,Flashes,new Limited HD Line and Limited zoom.
And...this is only the beginning of a new Pentax Time
EVERY Size will be in the Program,from APS-C to 645.

Best regards
I figured pretty much every thing you just said.
Thanks for the confirmation!
11-17-2013, 09:39 PM   #33
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam G Quote
I don't understand. Just how many K-3s do you want?
LOL. "Want" and "Need" are two different things.
I'm starting my dream job over the next week or so, and I will be shooting with at least two bodies when I have to do video/photography.

So, at the very least, I will have two K3's.
My two K5 cameras, may still be used for photography or what not.

So I can see myself shooting with something like 4 cameras at a given time.

The reason being, I won't get the chance for second takes, and interviews and such require enough footage to get the shot.

11-17-2013, 10:02 PM   #34

"Hoya knew that Ricoh would do a better job, so they sold them everything except the rights to build future battery grips. "

Actually it has to do with the government, they don't allow you to use the same product many times for different products. They were able to get away with it with K5ii and K5iis because having the same numbers but just "different versions" it was okay. Some laws are very strange, you can see this also with Photoshop. They couldn't just come out with updates when they had something new they had to wait until they could produce a new product. So now they are doing the CC so since it is a service and not a product now they can put out updates whenever they want.

11-20-2013, 03:43 PM   #35

I finally got my grip, BH is back ordered still, but not Adorama!! I got it with Ricoh box and am amazed that the manual is almost thicker than the K-3 Manual haha
11-20-2013, 06:46 PM   #36
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jfuqua11 Quote
I finally got my grip, BH is back ordered still, but not Adorama!! I got it with Ricoh box and am amazed that the manual is almost thicker than the K-3 Manual haha
Awesome!
11-20-2013, 06:57 PM   #37
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
"Hoya knew that Ricoh would do a better job, so they sold them everything except the rights to build future battery grips. "

Actually it has to do with the government, they don't allow you to use the same product many times for different products. They were able to get away with it with K5ii and K5iis because having the same numbers but just "different versions" it was okay. Some laws are very strange, you can see this also with Photoshop. They couldn't just come out with updates when they had something new they had to wait until they could produce a new product. So now they are doing the CC so since it is a service and not a product now they can put out updates whenever they want.
How do you explain the same battery for all k-5 variants, the k-01 and now k-3?

11-25-2013, 05:10 PM   #38

QuoteOriginally posted by crewl1 Quote
How do you explain the same battery for all k-5 variants, the k-01 and now k-3?
Batteries are a different story, of course the Government wouldn't be able to say hey you can't use AA or AAA batteries anymore. Batteries are a power source and not the same type of product I guess you could say. I hope that makes sense. The Government has all kinds of crazy regulations, like for example back to Photoshop, after they come out with Photoshop 5 they have to wait a given amount of time before they can legally come out with Photoshop 6. I don't know the exact amount of time, but still just crazy.
11-25-2013, 10:19 PM   #39
Veteran Member

Which Government? Where's your evidence?
11-25-2013, 10:35 PM   #40
Veteran Member

I can't wait for the Pentax K 0.2 really what king of thought goes down in numbers :/
Depends how you look at it.
After all, when something is Number 1, it is the at the top with subsequent numbers being below.
11-26-2013, 12:40 AM   #41

My evidence is statements from employees. The representative from Adobe was discussing it on "The Grid" Scott Kelby's show. And as far as the Pentax grip, I was told directly from Pentax USA here in Denver while I was with their product management discussing some issues with the new K-3 (minor ones of course).
11-26-2013, 02:02 AM   #42
Veteran Member

So are you saying that your almighty US Government lays down the law in how a Japanese company names their products for an international (and their domestic) market? I think not sir.
11-26-2013, 09:15 AM   #43

Steve, I am just stating what was said by the representatives of Pentax here in the US. I see from your comment, that you must be from the UK. Which correct me if I am wrong but are the ones who actually went throughout the world taking countries and bending them to you will. But really I agree with you that the US Government can't dictate to international companies, but there are international trade agreements and sure they could say okay but it you want to sell here we must come to an agreement. Contracts are made all the time in international business. And lawyers go through much research before putting a product out. Just in case if you couldn't tell, I was joking about my comment about the UK.
11-26-2013, 09:47 AM   #44
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nothing gets by you guys….
11-26-2013, 06:12 PM   #45
Veteran Member

Just in case if you couldn't tell, I was joking about my comment about the UK.
Didn't bother me, I live in 'stralya mate