Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
11-12-2013, 09:54 AM   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote
Wait wait wait... So the K-3 still is a product that already was in the Hoya pipeline?
I don't think the boxes themselves have any model info on them, that's on a sticker. So that's why this doesn't mean anything.

Mine arrived today in a Hoya box, too. Looks like they went everywhere but Canada.

Did the DBG-4 come with the AA tray? I don't remember, and if it did I have no idea where mine is.

Last edited by DogLover; 11-12-2013 at 01:05 PM. Reason: Addt'l info
11-12-2013, 02:37 PM   #17

QuoteOriginally posted by DogLover Quote
I don't think the boxes themselves have any model info on them, that's on a sticker. So that's why this doesn't mean anything.
The box of my D-BG4 is the same as the box on the image of the first page of the thread, with the same reference "A0332" printed on it.

Did the DBG-4 come with the AA tray? I don't remember, and if it did I have no idea where mine is.
Yes, indeed, it came with the 2 trays (battery tray and AA batteries tray ).
11-12-2013, 02:51 PM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by MouLaG Ôfr Quote
The box of my D-BG4 is the same as the box on the image of the first page of the thread, with the same reference "A0332" printed on it.
Yeah, mine too

QuoteOriginally posted by MouLaG Ôfr Quote
, indeed, it came with the 2 trays (battery tray and AA batteries tray ).
Well, crap. I guess I have some hunting to do. Thanks.
11-16-2013, 11:46 PM   #19

Where did you get your battery grip? I look for places to buy it, but they are all pre-order!

11-17-2013, 05:20 AM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jfuqua11 Quote
Where did you get your battery grip? I look for places to buy it, but they are all pre-order!
B&H is where I got mine.

I hope more stock is on it's way, as Black Friday is just around the corner!
11-17-2013, 05:59 AM   #21
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hmm, talking about the battery trays gives me an idea...
I still have a non-functinal chinese DBG-4 imitation grip in the closet. Since the K3 has 2 cardslots it would be convenient to have 2 spare cards in the grip. I`m thinking about removing the SDcard holder from the fake DBG4-tray and glue it to the underside the DBG5 SDcard holder.

Does anyone know if the DBG-4 tray fits in the DBG-5 grip? If so, I can start right now
11-17-2013, 10:42 AM   #22
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by TenZ.NL Quote
I still have a non-functinal chinese DBG-4 imitation grip in the closet. Since the K3 has 2 cardslots it would be convenient to have 2 spare cards in the grip. I`m thinking about removing the SDcard holder from the fake DBG4-tray and glue it to the underside the DBG5 SDcard holder.

Does anyone know if the DBG-4 tray fits in the DBG-5 grip? If so, I can start right now
The regular tray does, I tried it. I didn't try the AA, but it would kinda have to I guess.

11-17-2013, 10:56 AM   #23
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by LaurenOE Quote
So as I continue to get used to the K3, I keep thinking that the K3 is so much like the K5, but improved.
The feel and enhancements should really have been called the K5 III.

No matter, now that we have the K50 and 500 it makes sense that the upper Pentax camera should have a different line ala the K30 makeover.

Low and behold, I just got my D-BG5 grip for my K3 and what do I see?

That's right folks - HOYA.

My head is swimming thinking over the "connect-the-dots".

Maybe Ricoh branding is not so efficient after all?

AWESOME!!!!

or..... it means the grip is designed during HOYA era, which means K-3 is actually a HOYA designed product.
11-17-2013, 12:44 PM   #24
dbh
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by TenZ.NL Quote
. . .

Both types of trays, AA and Li, are interchangeable as far as my 2 grips, D-BG4 and D-BG5, are concerned. There is a slight difference in finish, but that is the only way I can tell which tray came with which grip.
11-17-2013, 01:37 PM   #25
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by LFLee Quote
or..... it means the grip is designed during HOYA era, which means K-3 is actually a HOYA designed product.
I think in retrospect, it was just a Hoya box.

But, given how Ricoh has pretty much cleared out the Hoya pipeline, it would not surprise me if the K3 was ready to go around the K5II timeframe, and they held off until the purchase was completed or the upgraded sensor could be sourced.

Holding a K3, you can't help but think of it as a K5III.
I'm hoping that Ricoh, will sit up and notice how the K3 is selling like hot-cakes and give us what we want and focus on finishing taking care of the upper echelon users.

11-17-2013, 02:36 PM   #26
Veteran Member

The regular tray does, I tried it. I didn't try the AA, but it would kinda have to I guess.
QuoteOriginally posted by dbh Quote
Both types of trays, AA and Li, are interchangeable as far as my 2 grips, D-BG4 and D-BG5, are concerned. There is a slight difference in finish, but that is the only way I can tell which tray came with which grip.
Thanks, I see if this mod works somewhere this week. If it works I can post some pics if anyone is interested.
11-17-2013, 04:23 PM - 3 Likes   #27
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote
Wait wait wait... So the K-3 still is a product that already was in the Hoya pipeline?
Yes,this is right.
I know the old K-3 specs under Hoya,lot of differents to the Ricoh Pentax K-3 today.
The old Plan was to bring the K-3 beginning of 2013,than Summer and now we have Autumn/Winter.
Now,the better K-3 is a Ricoh/Pentax baby.
Same the new lenses and Converter,Hoya stopped lot of thing and/or Ricoh is starting it again or bring it in a new/better variation.
Same the 560mm,i know about a different version of this lens.
Beginns before Hoya,than changed under Hoya and the next was Ricoh with the current version.
Pentax had a lot of good projects before Hoya.......and now,Ricoh will bring the most of them.
2014 will be very interesting,like the the known end of 2013.
Look to the great K-3,Flashes,new Limited HD Line and Limited zoom.
And...this is only the beginning of a new Pentax Time
EVERY Size will be in the Program,from APS-C to 645.

Best regards
11-17-2013, 05:26 PM   #28

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by LaurenOE Quote
I'm hoping that Ricoh, will sit up and notice how the K3 is selling like hot-cakes and give us what we want and focus on finishing taking care of the upper echelon users.

I don't understand. Just how many K-3s do you want?
11-17-2013, 05:32 PM   #29

Well I guess we will have the "fullframe" in 2014 but I prefer the 1.5x extra that I get with my lenses and my Sigma 10-20mm is wide enough for me.
11-17-2013, 05:45 PM   #30
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by asahi man Quote
And...this is only the beginning of a new Pentax Time EVERY Size will be in the Program,from APS-C to 645. Best regards
And what letter comes after K in the alphabet?