Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-12-2013, 07:27 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Another, yai! I'v got new K-3 thread...

Hi there,

I'm really hyped with this thing.

I can say already by testing my old lenses(esp. tokina AT-X pro 235/2.8, was bad with K-7 at 20 mm) which have been not so great in terms of AF with my K-7, and I can tell you. They are spot on, sharper, and color is waay better. So that alone has been worth it so far.

So, I happen to own some vintage class too. They are so far great with WB(AWB), and have better sharpness and contrast. Must be AA-less desing. WF, is also brighter and better.

So far, just testing, I must say that I have seen my self what others has said before. It is really a great cam. Too bad it is raining and dark right now, but I'll post some images later on.

Also one thing what I will put under testing is video, with microphone. as said there is AF with pressing AF button. Not so good, but it is there. Maybe with firmware update it will be better. I noticed that if I changed mode in LV focus mode, it affected also focus during filming, it became faster. And that movie SR is not SO bad as had been said at here. It is far from useless. I'll put this beast on monopod and will try some more.

One thing from using this thing. Solid, silent shutter(really, I have also K-7), good buttons and most of things on their place. I also want a grip on this. I love it on K-7, and want it at here too.

Well this will update soon.

11-14-2013, 03:55 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Original Poster
So updating.

While I'm happy of my new toy, It makes me sad that I don't have much time to shoot due my work...but it will ease soon.

Video is still in testing, so no news from there yet. I tried some Panning, and movie SR does not seem to be that good for that.

old lenses seems to work well with AWB and AF is great. here is some shots from AT-X 235..

11-14-2013, 06:51 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Glad that you are enjoying the K3 as it is a neat camera.

Dale
11-14-2013, 09:44 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Original Poster
It is. Way other than K-7! Whole a lot more all.

I still have to get used to it. Change my PP and all other things, also already this thing brings to me more opportunityes. So good for hand held things, also term autofocus has been brought to a new context. Now, I need some more AF lenses...dang.

11-14-2013, 11:24 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Congrats! The more I see of the K-3 the more I want it. If I am feeling up to it I am going to see what my local store can do to have one brought in. I need to know I can handle before I pay for it.

I hope things get quieter at work sooner rather than later so you can get out and take some shots.
11-14-2013, 12:48 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Thanks, I hope that I get to do some serious shooting at weekend.

Bigted, I think that if you get to handle K-3 you'll like it. Solid, responsive and says quality. Takes time to learn it thou.
11-18-2013, 11:52 AM   #7
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Here is some more, that I shot.

I tried Kit lens(first version), and it was so good.

Then some from DA*55, now I can really try nail focus with cam itself...I usually used manual in tight situations.

and macros are super sharp(elicar 90/2.5)

and something high contrast and DR

All in all I'm really pleased with this cameras performance. So good, and easy to learn after little trying.

Now what is still to try is video and 4K interval video...
11-25-2013, 11:57 AM   #8
Pentaxian

Original Poster
So some High ISO shots.

and some I posted at sample shots thread too.

11-25-2013, 12:27 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nice shots. I'm glad you are getting out and using yours. I picked up mine on Friday, but I'm not really well enough to get out there and go shooting.
11-25-2013, 02:34 PM   #10
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Thanks, I had one day free today for a long time. And sun was shining...! I think that you'll like your new K-3. I do like mine really much. What I have been able to try out, it has delivered. But I need to get faster SD cards now, few better lenses and astro tracer, batterygrip...That is some down side on this new thing...but I'm not complaining.

My good lenses are really good with this new beast. No AF fine tuning is nessesary for any of (AF)lenses that I own. That is big + !