Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-13-2013, 07:24 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Shutter Count

So I uploaded my first Pentax K-3 photo to MyShutterCount.com to see how many test shots Pentax ran on it at the factory. However, unlike my K-7, the website did not show the shutter count, though, and indicated that the exif data did not include that. Am I missing an option to turn that on or did Pentax remove the ability to check total shutter count from the K-3?

11-13-2013, 07:31 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by K David Quote
So I uploaded my first Pentax K-3 photo to MyShutterCount.com to see how many test shots Pentax ran on it at the factory. However, unlike my K-7, the website did not show the shutter count, though, and indicated that the exif data did not include that. Am I missing an option to turn that on or did Pentax remove the ability to check total shutter count from the K-3?
Our tool works:
Check Shutter Count & Camera Manufacture Date Online - EXIF Reader

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-13-2013, 07:39 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Wow. That's a nice tool! either they did no test shots or they reset the counter. My K-7 came with 230 shots on it already. Either way, I really dig the K-3 so far.
11-14-2013, 03:39 AM   #4
Veteran Member

My k-3 silver came with zero. The first shot from the camera is taken by me. I was surprised because I too check the shutter count when I got the camera

11-14-2013, 10:37 AM   #5
Pentaxian

This change was made by Pentax some time ago, perhaps as early as the K-5. Earlier, there would always be some number of actuations shown on a brand new body. And following the change, it was zeroed out before getting boxed up and shipped out.

I'm pretty sure it was discussed on these here forums, back whenever it happened.
12-30-2013, 02:00 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

No luck trying to read my K-5 shutter count. Uploaded an unedited JPEG and still says unknown. I uploaded to Lightroom 5 does that make a difference?
12-30-2013, 02:03 PM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by EricBrown Quote
No luck trying to read my K-5 shutter count. Uploaded an unedited JPEG and still says unknown. I uploaded to Lightroom 5 does that make a difference?
Did you export from Lightroom to get the upload version or just upload the same one?

Loading into Lightroom is original neutral -- no changes are made to the original files by Lightroom.

12-30-2013, 02:07 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by klkitchens Quote
Did you export from Lightroom to get the upload version or just upload the same one?

Loading into Lightroom is original neutral -- no changes are made to the original files by Lightroom.

I exported from Lightroom to get upload version.
12-30-2013, 02:14 PM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by EricBrown Quote
I exported from Lightroom to get upload version.
Yeah, that then would do it. Upload your original file and it should work. There is an option to preserve EXIF data I believe on export, but if that's not checked it would eliminate it to save space.
12-30-2013, 02:23 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by klkitchens Quote
Yeah, that then would do it. Upload your original file and it should work. There is an option to preserve EXIF data I believe on export, but if that's not checked it would eliminate it to save space.

Got it to work!! Thanks!!