Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
02-06-2016, 04:28 PM   #61
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kies Quote
FYI - Just tried to place an order for the L-Bracket and the site still gives errors when you try to pay with PayPal.
Thanks for the update - that is a shame. Let's hope that another company can deliver for the new FF and the K-3 follow on. I may sell the two other brackets I have for the K-5 with and without the grip. Maybe somebody can use them.

04-21-2016, 01:07 PM   #62
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Does anyone read korean? ???? ???? ??? mestos.com

I'm still looking for one of these.
04-21-2016, 02:34 PM   #63
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by narual Quote
Does anyone read korean? ???? ???? ??? mestos.com

I'm still looking for one of these.
You might try ordering it. It an L plate for K3 with Grip - about $144 US
Send them an email?
It will be interesting to see if one becomes available for the K-1
04-21-2016, 03:32 PM   #64
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RockvilleBob Quote
You might try ordering it. It an L plate for K3 with Grip - about $144 US
Send them an email?
It will be interesting to see if one becomes available for the K-1
Yes, those were the parts I could figure out.,

Is the company still in business or are they kaput like the previously mentioned English site, and how do I buy it, that's what I'm trying to determine. I fudged it through to the "log in to your account to order" type page but can't figure out how to create an account.

05-17-2016, 05:44 PM   #65

I've just ordered the PD-K5L from mestos: Pentax K5 / K7 L-Plate for Body only . There are email addresses at the bottom; I used the mestos99@gmail.com email address, asking for a paypal invoice. In a few hours, I received one. We'll see how long it takes to get to me, but this is obviously *much* better than madforcamera ( tried to use them first, and also had the unspecified paypal error problem). So, I'll update this thread when it arrives! Y'all are welcome to try your hand at this, too.
05-17-2016, 06:28 PM   #66
Veteran Member

Good luck!
05-17-2016, 09:38 PM   #67

Good luck!
Well, I also just got an email directly from them asking for my phone number for EMS tracking. As far as I can see so far, this is the proper way to communicate with them. It did take about 2 days of searching online for various sources of the PD-K5L before I found this (perhaps I am the first in this forum?), but email to the address I mentioned seems to work very well.

05-18-2016, 03:04 AM   #68
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by asharpe Quote
Well, I also just got an email directly from them asking for my phone number for EMS tracking. As far as I can see so far, this is the proper way to communicate with them. It did take about 2 days of searching online for various sources of the PD-K5L before I found this (perhaps I am the first in this forum?), but email to the address I mentioned seems to work very well.
Thanks for posting an update.
05-19-2016, 05:07 AM   #69
Forum Member

I have the K5 plate. It's availability has never been the issue. It's the K3 that's the problem.
05-19-2016, 04:12 PM   #70

QuoteOriginally posted by evilcartman Quote
I have the K5 plate. It's availability has never been the issue. It's the K3 that's the problem.
Well, the previous posts in this thread seem to belie that. Regardless, I am trying to help those folks that have had trouble obtaining the PD-K5L and PD-K5HL products, specifically due to issues on the madforcamera site. If you are not one of them, you can ignore the posts.
05-19-2016, 04:56 PM   #71
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by evilcartman Quote
Yeah? Try reording it on MadForCamera. It's their entire site, not just the K3 item.

But maybe what he means is that there were other options for K5 that didn't exist for K3.
05-19-2016, 10:59 PM   #72

But maybe what he means is that there were other options for K5 that didn't exist for K3.
Perhaps, but this may be too charitable. Several items they have work on the K3, although they are not specifically designed for them. As far as I can see, there is only one K3-specific item: This one: mestos: Pentax K3 L-Plate for Grip Only ???? (Start working) . I will say that I have asked Mestos through these email channels whether they would be making an L bracket for the K1, and received this reply:

To: "Andrew Sharpe"
Subject: RE: Re: Hi Andrew

We have the ability to create an L-bracket for all cameras.
But the poor can not buy all the cameras.
If given the opportunity I will contact to create a product of the Pentax K-1.

mestos
05-20-2016, 10:15 AM   #73
Veteran Member

Ultimately, the only thing that really, really requires a camera-specific L plate is using it with the battery grip. A non-specific plate would block the battery tray. The body-specific ones... I don't think there's enough difference between the different top end bodies (aside from the K-1) to make a real difference, but since Pentax decided to change the shape of the grip for the K3....
05-20-2016, 12:11 PM   #74
Forum Member

Yeah? Try reording it on MadForCamera. It's their entire site, not just the K3 item.

You don't have to be rude about it. When I started this thread I wasn't even aware of "Mad for Camera" but availability for K7K5 body types and grips was everywhere and in fact some of the solutions assume that you already have L brackets for the K5.

Of course I don't own the thread and if you want to hijack it to something other than its intended purpose that's fine. But A second on Google will show you that I'll brackets for the K5 are everywhere, not just MFC.

As I've said before in the thread but might have gotten lost in the middle is that you can simply order the Neewer branded battery grip for the K-3. They change the top of the grip to fit the K-3 but they did not alter the geometry of the bottom so it works perfectly with any custom L brackets for the K7K5 battery Grip.

The quality is decent enough, I've had two for over a year and they are still working. It kind of makes me wonder why Rico felt the need to change the geometry of the bottom of the battery grip.

In all likelihood it was not necessary to change the geometry of the camera at all. And would make more sense if they sold their own accessories but they don't so it makes me wonder as there seem little profit motive at all in doing so and that's typically the reason changes are made.

On a side note going forward I will no longer buy any Ricoh products. I will keep all my old lenses and gear but I won't buy anythingI will keep all my old lenses and gear which I love. From their intentional removal
If tethering support and ugly ass red ring to their brutal repair model and for too many reasons which I will not enumerate here, Ricoh is not a company that can be trusted. Hello Nikon.

And I can FINALLY buy that Tokina wide angle that has eluded me for so many years.

So I will never have to worry about finding an L bracket for my bodies ever again I suspect.
05-21-2016, 12:56 PM   #75

QuoteOriginally posted by asharpe Quote
Well, I also just got an email directly from them asking for my phone number for EMS tracking. As far as I can see so far, this is the proper way to communicate with them.
And in three days (!), I have the L-bracket in my hands. They used 3 day international shipping. It fits the K3 very well, with full battery door access. the HDMI door on the K3 is a *little* too tall for the hole in the side, but I never use that door anyway. This is probably the only difference between the K5 and K3. So, if you need anything from Mestos, at least for now, use the email address mestos99@gmail.com , and just tell them what you want, and they will send you a paypal invoice. They are quite responsive; I was very surprised, considering the difficulty other folks here have experienced.

Anyway, there you go. Hopefully, this might help someone else, too.

Here's some photos. Note that it came with a flathead/allen screw, and I replaced it with a thumb screw. I still tighten it with a screwdriver, but loosening it after unscrewing it a bit is easier with this screw. Sorry for the iPhone photos (and the dog hair just below the viewfinder (!)), I just wanted to show something.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
IPhone 5s  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
IPhone 5s  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
IPhone 5s  Photo