Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-29-2014, 11:31 AM   #136
dbh
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Got my camera back from the shop yesterday. Shipped out Feb 17. On the paperwork returned with the camera:
"Body: cleaned and adjusted; Grip: tested- found to be in good working order."
There was no mention of it, but It had been updated to firmware 1.03 and of course now works perfectly - turns on every time.
I just finished putting back all my customizations one by one. Except for the file number being reset to 1, it's as good as before. Don't know what they "cleaned and adjusted" but at least it didn't seem to cause any problems. Big relief here and this thread can now work its way into the historical archives.
Cheers!

03-29-2014, 01:28 PM   #137

Not yet. I still have power off/on issues even with 1.03. Keep this thread open!
03-31-2014, 08:15 AM   #138
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dbh Quote
Got my camera back from the shop yesterday. Shipped out Feb 17. On the paperwork returned with the camera:
"Body: cleaned and adjusted; Grip: tested- found to be in good working order."
There was no mention of it, but It had been updated to firmware 1.03 and of course now works perfectly - turns on every time.
I just finished putting back all my customizations one by one. Except for the file number being reset to 1, it's as good as before. Don't know what they "cleaned and adjusted" but at least it didn't seem to cause any problems. Big relief here and this thread can now work its way into the historical archives.
Cheers!

Glad you got it back and all is good, but I'm a little disappointed they didn't own up to it and say "Firmware updated to correct the reported problem." Oh well! Now you can enjoy your camera!

---------- Post added 03-31-14 at 09:17 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by gosman Quote
Not yet. I still have power off/on issues even with 1.03. Keep this thread open!
So you are on 1.03, but have the exact same problem as described in this thread?
07-09-2014, 10:25 PM   #139

QuoteOriginally posted by mactrash Quote
To repeat the GRIP / Battery error in movie mode.

1. Put both battery in K-3
2. Turn on the camera
3. menu select grip battery use first (it is normal setting in my other pentax camera with grip)
4. shoot movie

Result = it work fine.

Pretend your grip battery is empty
5. Turn off the camera
6. Take the battery from the grip
7. Turn on the camera
8. Shoot movie

Result = capture 1-2s and K-3 hang

* The hang will not happen if camera menu set to use body battery first or auto.

Lets see any guy can repeat that... then it is a confirmed issue.
Firmware 1.10 fixed this issue at least in my body.

05-16-2016, 05:44 PM   #140
Site Supporter

I just bought a K-3, and a brand new DBG5 battery grip. When the battery grip is used with rechargeable batteries (that work fine in my K-5ii with DBG4 battery grip) the on-off button on the grip will not turn the camera on or off. I have firmware version 1.21.
05-16-2016, 06:03 PM   #141

The grip's on/off is strictly for turning the GRIP on or off, not the camera. This is the same for the K5IIs (I have both).
05-17-2016, 04:10 AM   #142
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by gryhnd Quote
The grip's on/off is strictly for turning the GRIP on or off, not the camera. This is the same for the K5IIs (I have both).
That helps - maybe it's not broken after all. I'm going to try and find the instructions!