Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-16-2014, 02:06 AM   #196
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
K David's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: SF Bay Area
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,316
I really like what Ricoh appears to be doing with Pentax, though I do wish they hadn't changed the K-50's body from the K-30's. But, look, Pentax had stagnated under Hoya -- a company with neither imaging chops nor interest. Ricoh has a great name and great quality. I want my Pentaxes to keep saying Pentax on the front, but I'm happy to have a Ricoh badge on the back.

01-16-2014, 07:42 AM   #197
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
LaurenOE's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Photos: Albums
Posts: 3,487
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kadajawi Quote
Well, the Joker was more badass.

I think if Ricoh keeps both badges then that is a good idea. They can tap into Ricoh loyalists and Pentax loyalists.

Ricoh IS a huge name. They are everywhere. But they are simply not very well known for cameras, eventhough they have been making them for a long time.
I'm actually looking forward to something that Ricoh makes, that I want to buy.
I am sincerely looking to buy the K-01/GXR camera with their name on it.

I hope that in the future, Ricoh - as a brand - stays away from Pentax products.

Again, there is one thing to put Ricoh on the bottom of the camera as to the company of manufacture, but quite a different thing to put Ricoh on the back of a Pentax camera.

01-18-2014, 01:23 PM   #198
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
monochrome's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Kirkwood (St. Louis) MO
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 20,595
Fanboy's Retort

Seen from Nesster on the "Why I won't buy a K3" Thread . . . .

Unscramble Words

Ricoh is just another spelling for Choir.

Last edited by monochrome; 01-18-2014 at 01:29 PM.
01-18-2014, 02:39 PM   #199
Veteran Member




Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 364
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Seen from Nesster on the "Why I won't buy a K3" Thread . . . .

Unscramble Words

Ricoh is just another spelling for Choir.
Sort of hard to look up. It says:

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: User 'peoplee_unscramb' has exceeded the 'max_connections_per_hour' resource (current value: 1) in /home1/peoplee/public_html/unscramble.eu/config.php on line 12
User 'peoplee_unscramb' has exceeded the 'max_connections_per_hour' resource (current value: 1)

Do that reflect the popularity of Ricoh or of Choir, do you think?

01-18-2014, 04:07 PM - 1 Like   #200
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
monochrome's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Kirkwood (St. Louis) MO
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 20,595
QuoteOriginally posted by CarlG Quote
Sort of hard to look up. It says:

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: User 'peoplee_unscramb' has exceeded the 'max_connections_per_hour' resource (current value: 1) in /home1/peoplee/public_html/unscramble.eu/config.php on line 12
User 'peoplee_unscramb' has exceeded the 'max_connections_per_hour' resource (current value: 1)

Do that reflect the popularity of Ricoh or of Choir, do you think?
Huh. I guess we overloaded the server. Who'da thunk we'd make a Pentalanche at a website.
01-18-2014, 04:32 PM   #201
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
Parallax's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: South Dakota
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 15,656
QuoteOriginally posted by LaurenOE Quote
Yep. Acura on the front, Honda on the back.
Who cares about brands? Right?

The K3 is a Pentax, not a Ricoh.

So the F150 Lariat and the F150 XLT are F150s and not Fords?
01-18-2014, 04:44 PM   #202
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Ex Finn.'s Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Southern Maryland.
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 6,374
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
So the F150 Lariat and the F150 XLT are F150s and not Fords?
Pretty much, F--- and C---- series are what they are, not so sure about them rams
edit: it gets better...there is no longer F,C or D, now it is just Power-Stroke, Duramax or Cummins.

Last edited by Ex Finn.; 01-18-2014 at 04:51 PM. Reason: Grammar.
01-18-2014, 06:15 PM   #203
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
LaurenOE's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Photos: Albums
Posts: 3,487
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
So the F150 Lariat and the F150 XLT are F150s and not Fords?
QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
Pretty much, F--- and C---- series are what they are, not so sure about them rams
edit: it gets better...there is no longer F,C or D, now it is just Power-Stroke, Duramax or Cummins.
I have no idea what you two are talking about.
Will there be gaffer's tape or black-outs involved?



01-18-2014, 07:07 PM   #204
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
Parallax's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: South Dakota
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 15,656
01-18-2014, 07:23 PM   #205
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
Pioneer's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Elko, Nevada
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,238
The RAM is just that. It is no longer a Dodge RAM.
01-18-2014, 09:43 PM   #206
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
LaurenOE's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Photos: Albums
Posts: 3,487
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Pioneer Quote
The RAM is just that. It is no longer a Dodge RAM.
So Dodge has been bought out or are they consolidating their operations?
That's different from Ricoh putting their name on the K3 back.

The K3 being a ready-to-go K5 Mark III is not the same thing as a company consolidation.

01-19-2014, 10:20 AM   #207
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
Pioneer's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Elko, Nevada
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,238
QuoteOriginally posted by LaurenOE Quote
So Dodge has been bought out or are they consolidating their operations?
That's different from Ricoh putting their name on the K3 back.

The K3 being a ready-to-go K5 Mark III is not the same thing as a company consolidation.

Just a re-organization and not the same as the Ricoh buyout.
01-19-2014, 10:51 AM   #208
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
monochrome's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Kirkwood (St. Louis) MO
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 20,595
QuoteOriginally posted by LaurenOE Quote
So Dodge has been bought out or are they consolidating their operations?
That's different from Ricoh putting their name on the K3 back.

The K3 being a ready-to-go K5 Mark III is not the same thing as a company consolidation.

Lauren I know you are half serious and half tongue-in-cheek, but I disagree with you on this point. I thnk the K3 is a new camera. New sensor; new processor; new imaging engine; new AF module; new AF sensor; new VF and diopter; new shutter; new bus; new LCD; etc - and a tiny bit of new paint below the rear LCD. About the only thing evolved rather than changed is the basic body design.

It's a K3, not a K5MkIII.

I get it, but I don't get it.
01-19-2014, 02:45 PM   #209
Banned




Join Date: May 2010
Location: Back to my Walkabout Creek
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,541
QuoteOriginally posted by LaurenOE Quote
I'm actually looking forward to something that Ricoh makes, that I want to buy.
I am sincerely looking to buy the K-01/GXR camera with their name on it.

I hope that in the future, Ricoh - as a brand - stays away from Pentax products.
Again, there is one thing to put Ricoh on the bottom of the camera as to the company of manufacture, but quite a different thing to put Ricoh on the back of a Pentax camera.

I still have a film camera very well used on a daily basis with Asahi engraved in the pentaprism, just above Pentax engraving.
Ricoh, by every respect, deserves a signature at the back of K-3. It is the minimum of courtesy, to acknowledge the new Asahi.
People cannot get their head around the fact that Asahi Optical is now Ricoh. Past is past, now is now, and Asahi = Ricoh.
01-19-2014, 03:47 PM   #210
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Ex Finn.'s Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Southern Maryland.
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 6,374
QuoteOriginally posted by LaurenOE Quote
So Dodge has been bought out or are they consolidating their operations?
That's different from Ricoh putting their name on the K3 back.

The K3 being a ready-to-go K5 Mark III is not the same thing as a company consolidation.

Fiat bought Chrysler, Dodge brand future is in jeopardy.

As far as the trucks go, all the guys I know just refer to them based on the engine, not so much as Ford (Power-stroke),Chevy (Dura-Max) or Dodge (Cummins).
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, cameras, change, company, core, corporation, dslr, folks, gxr, k-01, k-3, k-5, k3, k5, money, name, pentax, pentax k-3, photography, ricoh, shoot, team, thread, video
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
why I won't buy a k3 (Warning: Satire Thread) pentaxdude Pentax K-3 42006 1 Hour Ago 02:49 PM
My K3 has arrived... Kingston 1000 Pentax K-3 2 11-02-2013 12:52 PM
My real name is Roderick. I have cyclothmia. Tonight, it's all a bit much. wildweasel General Talk 20 10-01-2012 09:28 PM
Looks like I'm picking up a darkroom tonight. PPPPPP42 Film Processing, Scanning, and Darkroom 7 05-30-2012 04:55 PM
Where can I get my camera fixed? cpagel Pentax Film SLR Discussion 4 09-09-2011 07:46 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:55 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top