Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-23-2015, 04:29 PM   #286
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by LaurenOE Quote
It looks like Ricoh fixed the K3II...although I will hold my breath until it hits the stores. Nice touch.
I think they got the message.

Ricoh does make mistakes, but they don't seem to repeat them much.

04-23-2015, 05:23 PM   #287
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
I think they got the message.

Ricoh does make mistakes, but they don't seem to repeat them much.
If they *really* did keep Ricoh off the back because of anything *I* did, then I would be floored.
I guess others complained enough for it to be something they thought about.
I'm nobody, but it would be nice to think I had something to do with it.

Although...18,000+ people did see this thread!!!!

I will say that by keeping Ricoh off the back of the updated K3 based on feedback would be something I have never seen a company do.

Truly remarkable and if that is the case, well, I suppose this thread should be closed and I need to keep my pie-hole closed about Ricoh bashing.
You can't bash if you have nothing to bash about.

04-23-2015, 05:37 PM - 1 Like   #288
Site Supporter

Adam says they do monitor this forum. I guess we wait to see the 'in store' version to be sure. Whether it was anything said here or maybe a comment in a focus group we will never know.

I suspect the integration of Ricoh team and Pentax team had it's share of bumps and differing opinions. It is logical in those situations for inside politics to affect things seemingly without reason to outsiders. But smart companies look beyond that and watch what their customers say, or do focus groups or surveys. Anyway, time will tell. And no matter what, if Ricoh is missing on the back, you can claim it was Laurenized!
04-23-2015, 05:55 PM - 1 Like   #289
Loyal Site Supporter

Adam says they do monitor this forum.
Unfortunately, they use Google translate to convert it to Japanese - which would explain some of the more... unconventional decisions.

04-23-2015, 06:02 PM - 1 Like   #290
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by THoog Quote
Unfortunately, they use Google translate to convert it to Japanese - which would explain some of the more... unconventional decisions.
"Wait, are you SURE they want blinking LED lights on the grip????"
04-23-2015, 06:43 PM   #291
Pentaxian

If it ain't broke don't fix it. In my opinion the K3 wasn't broke. But what do I know since 4 out of 5 of my Pentax branded cameras say "Asahi Optical Co" (or variations of such) on the back.
04-23-2015, 06:52 PM - 1 Like   #292
Lens Buying Addict

No hociR
04-23-2015, 10:34 PM   #293
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
If it ain't broke don't fix it. In my opinion the K3 wasn't broke. But what do I know since 4 out of 5 of my Pentax branded cameras say "Asahi Optical Co" (or variations of such) on the back.
With all the history that goes with AOC/Pentax/Hoya/Ricoh, leaving Ricoh off the back of the K3ii brings balance to the force.

No need for a Rebel alliance.

Basically, I'm rapidly losing the wind in those sails, the ones that power the ship of the Ricoh malcontent.

I am being assimilated as I acclimate.

04-24-2015, 07:27 AM - 1 Like   #294
Loyal Site Supporter

"Wait, are you SURE they want blinking LED lights on the grip????"
Followed by:

"Oh man, we got it wrong - they said they HATE flashing lights on cameras. They want us to take the flash off the camera!"

04-24-2015, 07:51 AM   #295
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Followed by:

"Oh man, we got it wrong - they said they HATE flashing lights on cameras. They want us to take the flash off the camera!"

Awesomeness!!!

04-24-2015, 09:23 AM   #296
Pentaxian

If Ricoh were really listening to the vocal minority they would have put "Pentax" again on the back instead of just leaving it blank.

Odds are it just a cost cutting measure or some standardization with K-S1, K-S2 and the 645Z none of which have neither "Pentax" nor "Ricoh" on the view screen frame. The 645D does not have "Pentax" under the screen either, even when produced by Hoya. The K-S2 has a large sticker under the articulating screen that says "Ricoh" on it - this sticker probably has more to do with the required communication device registrations than anything else. None the less it is there.

The pictures I take are just as bad or once in a while good whether the back of the "Pentax" I am using says "Asahi", "Pentax", "Ricoh" or whatever. Minolta didn't seem to have the vanity to put their name on the back - except some of the databacks but then these were accessories.
04-24-2015, 09:31 AM   #297
Site Supporter

LOL.... And now we have the real reason the flash is gone on the k-3II
04-24-2015, 09:39 AM   #298
Lens Buying Addict

If Ricoh were really listening to the vocal minority they would have put "Pentax" again on the back instead of just leaving it blank.

Odds are it just a cost cutting measure or some standardization with K-S1, K-S2 and the 645Z none of which have neither "Pentax" nor "Ricoh" on the view screen frame. The 645D does not have "Pentax" under the screen either, even when produced by Hoya. The K-S2 has a large sticker under the articulating screen that says "Ricoh" on it - this sticker probably has more to do with the required communication device registrations than anything else. None the less it is there.

The pictures I take are just as bad or once in a while good whether the back of the "Pentax" I am using says "Asahi", "Pentax", "Ricoh" or whatever. Minolta didn't seem to have the vanity to put their name on the back - except some of the databacks but then these were accessories.
Really?

(Technically you are correct)
04-24-2015, 11:10 AM   #299
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Really?
Flip it over

Odds are it just a cost cutting measure or some standardization with K-S1, K-S2 and the 645Z none of which have neither "Pentax" nor "Ricoh" on the view screen frame.

Last edited by Not a Number; 04-24-2015 at 11:18 AM.
04-24-2015, 11:48 AM   #300
Lens Buying Addict

Flip it over
VidCam Mode:

What does your subject see?