Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-20-2013, 12:21 AM - 3 Likes   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Teal Quote
Even better if your name is Rico!!!
What a concept!

Last edited by crewl1; 11-25-2013 at 10:29 AM.
11-20-2013, 12:41 AM - 2 Likes   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery

You're all quite daft.
11-20-2013, 12:48 AM - 3 Likes   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by p44f Quote
On the contrary, I started selling all my equipment, I'll just keep K7, 2 LX (and some more film bodys), K24mm, one 35mm (do not know yet which), A50 f1.2 (maybe two, they are my favourite lenses) for 77Ltd I do not know yet, one of 100 macro, A300 f4 and K500 f4.5 and some small equipment.
11-20-2013, 01:10 AM - 1 Like   #19
Pentaxian

Yeah, ha ha. He hates everything except the lenses and camera bodies and maybe some other accessories. But apart from that, everything.

11-20-2013, 01:57 AM   #20

Ah, do not worry my two "frends", if I had only five lenses I would not even have myself for Pentax fanatic.

Few of many more boxes that will find new owner

And by the way, I do not hate Pentax, I love it, Pentax is fantastic, I do not say that is however worse than the rest of other manufacturers out there, just do not feel the Ricoh, that is all, so please do not turn my words around.

By
11-20-2013, 02:21 AM   #21
Veteran Member

This is hillarious! Come on guys, the Pentax brand is gone. Don't stick your head in the sand. If you really liked the Pentax products for the products, instead of the brand, then you'll like Ricoh products just the same... Assuming Ricoh will one day add new products to the Pentax productline, that is. Even the recent K-3 is still a product that was already in the Hoya pipeline.

Last edited by Clavius; 11-20-2013 at 05:25 AM.
11-20-2013, 02:50 AM   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I don't know whether to laugh or scratch my head! Pentax has been a product for most of its life (even when originally trademarked by Zeiss), and particularly so in its film heyday. It's appearance as a corporation was comparatively brief and ended in ignominy. It was a product name under Asahi Optical for 45 years, a company name in its own right for 4 years initially before being submerged within Hoya and then for 3 months prior to being sold to Ricoh, 2 years ago. No doubt there were a few who objected to the disappearance of the Asahiflex product name in 1957, and promptly moved to other brands. Plus ca change…

11-20-2013, 04:31 AM - 2 Likes   #23
Pentaxian

We need a "How I learned to stop worrying and love Ricoh" thread.

Fact: Hoya took over Pentax, robbing them of their independence (Pentax Corporation didn't wanted to be bought, so it was a hostile takeover). Ricoh merely bought a division which Hoya was glad to get rid of.
Fact: The K-3 and what will follow were possible because Ricoh is pouring money into the brand.
So, go ahead and hate Ricoh... I can't. I'll just be glad things are moving forward, and accept their right of putting their name under the back LCD.
11-20-2013, 05:55 AM - 1 Like   #24

Dumb. Why insult the company that has done us all a service and chosen to invest in continuing the brand that many of us love, and more importantly, the K-mount that many of us are heavily invested in. And with the K-3, Ricoh have demonstrated great respect and responsibility to the Pentax brand and heritage. Some may mock, and I know it is mostly (I hope) in jest. However, it is time to take a reality pill. Ricoh have not put their name on the back of a Pentax camera. Ricoh have purchased the Pentax brand and logo and put it on the front of a Ricoh camera. I would like to see the Pentax brand continue and I am pleased to see that Ricoh is now displaying and associating this brand and their company logo together with pride!

Last edited by Kennod; 11-20-2013 at 06:02 AM.
11-20-2013, 06:33 AM - 1 Like   #25

QuoteOriginally posted by Kennod Quote
Dumb. Why insult the company that has done us all a service and chosen to invest in continuing the brand that many of us love, and more importantly, the K-mount that many of us are heavily invested in. And with the K-3, Ricoh have demonstrated great respect and responsibility to the Pentax brand and heritage. Some may mock, and I know it is mostly (I hope) in jest. However, it is time to take a reality pill. Ricoh have not put their name on the back of a Pentax camera. Ricoh have purchased the Pentax brand and logo and put it on the front of a Ricoh camera. I would like to see the Pentax brand continue and I am pleased to see that Ricoh is now displaying and associating this brand and their company logo together with pride!
QuoteOriginally posted by Kennod Quote
Dumb. Why insult the company that has done us all a service
The Orphaned dreams of Pentaxians worldwide have been adopted and nurtured by RICOH.
The K-3 is a RICOH and may be the best Pentax DSLR ever made!

I wonder how many of the whinging idiots that carry on about a K Mount full frame would actually buy one if Ricoh made it?

I dont care what the label says, if someone keeps putting improved camera bodies behind my glass I will support them 100%

Some of he whining idiots dont even realize that Pentax could have just ended - but it did not thanks to RICOH.

Last edited by BeetleStuff; 11-20-2013 at 06:35 AM. Reason: clarity
11-20-2013, 06:34 AM   #26
Pentaxian

This "serious" thread is funnier than the joke thread on the same topic.

So, if this same exact camera had been released without those five letters on the back, you'd buy it and enjoy it, and no one would have an issue, and you'd think it was the greatest camera ever?

That's insane.
11-20-2013, 06:50 AM   #27
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by BeetleStuff Quote
I wonder how many of the whinging idiots that carry on about a K Mount full frame would actually buy one if Ricoh made it?
The exact same amount of those idiots that are currently buying FF cameras from other brands: zero. If they really needed or wanted an FF camera, then they would get one right now.
11-20-2013, 06:59 AM - 1 Like   #28
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Folks, some of you seem to forget that I "fixed" "my" camera.
Not someone else's camera.
Not a camera that was given to me.
I bought my K3 without any discount, and I will be buying a few more.
Yes, I said that right.
A-FEW-MORE.

Aside from the obvious immaturity of it - and I have conceded to that several times - I don't like seeing another "brand" (if that is what some people want to reduce Pentax to), on the front and another on the back.

Seeing that some pre-production K3 cameras had "Pentax" on the back, and Ricoh changed it at the last minute, who is being immature now?

If Ricoh can change the name on the back in the last few weeks before they sell a camera retail, then who is *really* the immature one in the relationship?
If the magnesium chassis and mold/form of the K3 had not already been created during the Hoya days, then I think we'd have a Ricoh on the front too.

Since I am the one giving Ricoh MONEY for something they make for ME, then I have every right to voice my opinion.

Folks forget that we as the consumers are in control.
Some don't care about Ricoh on the back of the camera, and for those people it doesn't matter.
Don't make fun of those that it does matter to.

As for the folks that *do* care for whatever reason, Ricoh are the one's who are being immature in that *they* are turning off customers?

Funny how folks want to side with a camera maker instead of users who are passionate?
11-20-2013, 07:10 AM   #29
Pentaxian

My jaw is literally hanging open reading this stuff.
11-20-2013, 07:14 AM   #30
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by DennisH Quote
My jaw is literally hanging open reading this stuff.
Why? Because it seems so *stupid*?

Like colored cameras, in personal colors to choose from?
So much so that Ricoh offers not only the Q7, but the K50 in ultimately THOUSANDS of colors?!?!

So on one hand, individual choice is important to Ricoh, and on the other, it doesn't matter at all?

How is that for a mixed message?