Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-17-2013, 01:47 PM   #46
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by wgb Quote
Here's one more for your list I just noticed, Ron, a Best Buy review of the K-3 from Smart Photography, at Beware, Canon and Nikon! – Pentax K-3 | India`s No 1 Imaging Magazine.
Thank you for sharing an Indian perspective to the Pentax K3. Quite a read.The prices quoted at the end of the article equate to USD 1450 MSRP body only + local taxes. India is a tax-you-to-death country. The high price + tax combo makes the K3 impossible to purchase in India. And we complain pentax doesnt sell as many cameras

12-20-2013, 02:43 PM   #47
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
One More....

Here's a short review from MacWorld.UK
Pentax K-3 review - Excellent rendition of colours and sharp images - Digital Lifestyle - Macworld UK
I've added it to the list.
Ron
12-28-2013, 08:21 AM   #48
Site Supporter

Original Poster
2 More

I've added the subscription and magazine listings to the main list, Popular Photography is the only mag review, so far.
Ron
12-28-2013, 10:25 AM   #49
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Imaging Resource has added Part 1 of a hands-on review of the K-3 here, "Shooting with the Pentax K-3." Scroll down through the previously posted overview to read this additional evaluation. Part 2 is to be posted soon.

John

Pentax K-3 Review: First Shots

12-29-2013, 12:38 AM   #50
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks!

Thanks for spotting that, John. I've added it to the list.

Also, thanks (again) to smf, for finding the I,R,'s 'A Shooter's Report', added that one too!
Ron
12-29-2013, 02:04 AM   #51
Veteran Member

That no.1 Indian magazine review got it seriously wrong about the AWB not being able to correct for low Kelvin temperatures. All recent Pentax cameras (not sure about K-500) have an extra strong AWB option which works very well.
12-29-2013, 03:59 AM   #52

Just remember a reviews are just that..... reviews!. They need to be supplemented with real life experiences over a period of time, once the euphoria of owning a K3 has worn off, and any problems ironed out (or not as the case may be), to give a truer picture of the camera. Think of the first comments about high ISO noise levels and the more reasoned views from actual experience over first few weeks and, who knows, these may yet change again over the months. The moire reduction technology is very new and needs a lot more real life use to determine its electro-mechnical reliability and effectiveness. So how about a separate thread for impecunious pragmatists like myself showing pictures taken with and without the feature being switched on along with a third one (just for show!) of the one taken without moire reduction after post processing for moire reduction only. This should fit in nicely with the the threads for general pictures and the one for high ISO.
12-29-2013, 08:18 AM   #53
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by lochness Quote
how about a separate thread for impecunious pragmatists like myself showing pictures taken with and without the feature being switched on along with a third one (just for show!) of the one taken without moire reduction after post processing for moire reduction only. This should fit in nicely with the the threads for general pictures and the one for high ISO.
Sounds like a good idea, lochness. Why don't you go ahead and start that thread?
Ron

01-08-2014, 07:27 AM   #54
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Parlez-Vous Francais?

Here's a new review (in French) from Focus-Numerique.com. I couldn't find a translation option on the site, but maybe someone can provide one?
Test Pentax K-3 : caract
Ron
01-12-2014, 12:17 PM   #55
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Ed's Back!

Guess who? Yep, another 20 + minutes, some of it praising the K-3, confirming that two of the factory default settings (high ISO NR and Focus mode/capture setting) were the culprits in some early-review testing results (including, but not limited to, his own), praising the WB, flash system upgrades. auto-focusing speed and accuracy and pretty much everything about the design.
Here's my favorite quote, which may or may not, save you 24 minutes;
"The best K-mount camera ever made."
Quote from Ed, Photouniverse, 1/12/2014
Ron
01-12-2014, 12:56 PM   #56
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thanks Ron. I figured out that last bit all by myself.
01-12-2014, 01:16 PM   #57
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
And again I run the video for a full time......................
01-28-2014, 02:38 PM - 1 Like   #58
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Another review from Pocket-lint.

Pocket-lint - Gadget Reviews, Product News, Electronic Gadgets
01-28-2014, 04:52 PM   #59
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks!

Thanks, Don, I've added it to the list. Pretty good review, too!
Ron
01-29-2014, 07:29 AM   #60
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by fotogaffer Quote
The above review noted that "Colour fidelity is second to none". I've noticed the same point being highlighted and commended in a number of other online reviews.

I see this as one of the (less-known?) strengths of the K-3. Certainly I've been enjoying my pictures taken with it - the colours are really very nice; something quite special.