Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 26 Likes Search this Thread
12-04-2013, 01:26 PM   #31
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
And The List Goes On!

Thanks for finding and posting this one, Kenyee! I've added it to the list.
Ron

12-04-2013, 08:37 PM - 1 Like   #32
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
photouniverse

12-05-2013, 02:52 PM - 1 Like   #33
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Here is the english review by Ralfs Foto-Bude, a german Youtube Blogger. He always explains the handling very detailed. His english is not the best, but i think it is a nice video to get an idea of the menus and functions of the K-3.
He will produce videos to certain querstions if the demand is high enough. At his Flickr account he can see a few sample shots and iso shots as well.

Pentax K-3 - a set on Flickr
12-05-2013, 05:32 PM   #34
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
And More!

@ Thanks, Jack, I have that one (both of Ed's reviews) on the list.

@ Arne Bo, thanks for finding that one, it's great! I enjoyed it, especially where he points out how the menu system is good for pros and those who know what they're doing. I've added it to the list.
Ron

12-06-2013, 06:36 AM   #35
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sorry, didn't see it.
12-07-2013, 03:24 PM   #36
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Popular Photography gave the K-3 a very positive review in its January 2014 issue, calling it the best Pentax DSLR yet.
12-11-2013, 05:24 PM   #37
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Another One!

I've added the review from PhotoReview.com.au, Thanks to wgb and civiletti!
Ron

12-12-2013, 05:07 AM   #38
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by rbefly Quote
I've added the review from PhotoReview.com.au, Thanks to wgb and civiletti!
Ron
I thought this review was very well done and raised a question about how I shoot. The review mentions Image Finishing Touch
Previous experience with Pentax cameras showed the default Bright setting for the Image Finishing Touch tended to boost saturation to a level similar to a point-and-shoot camera. So we re-set the camera to the Natural setting, which provides a more natural looking balance, albeit with slightly reduced saturation and contrast. Otherwise, we used the default settings.
I have not used "Controlling the Image Finishing Touch" (page 56 of the K-3 manual) feature since I shoot RAW and I thought RAW was RAW without any retouching. Is this an area I should be concerned about if I only shoot RAW?
12-12-2013, 04:32 PM   #39
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by RockvilleBob Quote
Is this an area I should be concerned about if I only shoot RAW?
The Image Finishing Touch settings have no influence on the RAW file.

The only way they are still relevant is regarding the preview you'll get on the back LCD. If your settings are too contrasty, for instance, the camera will give you an over exposure warning even though the RAW data is far from over exposed.

I would recommend to experiment a little with the settings so that you get a preview that is not too conservative with respect to warnings (highlights & shadows) but also isn't too flat. It should also give you a good indication whether the exposure is about right.
12-12-2013, 05:23 PM   #40
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Anything from our favourite lisping asian pom yet ?
12-12-2013, 06:13 PM   #41
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
One of the gems from this review….

QuoteQuote:
Resolution
With a 23.35 million-pixel sensor and no anti-aliasing filter the Pentax K-3 produces fantastically detailed images, and it doesn't disappoint. The camera comes close to out resolving our lens chart, at a resolution of 38lp/pm, almost matching the Nikon D800/E , which did out-resolve our chart. There is some slight artefacting that looks like it has been the result of moiré patterning, that stops the K-3 producing a perfect result.
I'm not sure I believe they got this right, but it's nice of them to say it, given a couple of the other mistakes they made, like comparing the AF to the best FF DSLRs instead of the D7100, where found pop photography found the Pentax AF to be faster. But then reviewers often don't make distinctions between FF and APS-c in reviews…(because there's not much difference… <ducking> ).
12-13-2013, 11:44 AM - 1 Like   #42
wgb

K-3 rvw at Cameras.Reviewed.Com

Another Editor's Choice review of the K-3 today from Cameras.Reviewed.com at http://cameras.reviewed.com/content/pentax-k-3-digital-camera-review (someone please help with the link - I keep getting an extraneous "]" at the end), with a rating of 92 that edges out the Canon 70D at 91 and Nikon 7100 at 88.
12-13-2013, 01:43 PM   #43
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Got It~

Hello wgb, thanks for adding this review, it's a good one. I'll make a try at the link here;
Pentax K-3 Digital Camera Review - Reviewed.com Cameras
Then add it to the list.
Ron
12-17-2013, 11:36 AM - 1 Like   #44
wgb

Here's one more for your list I just noticed, Ron, a Best Buy review of the K-3 from Smart Photography, at Beware, Canon and Nikon! – Pentax K-3 | India`s No 1 Imaging Magazine.
12-17-2013, 11:59 AM   #45
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Another Good Find!

Thanks, wgb, you must spend more time online than I do! This review is very concise and to the point, with enough specs but no puffed up opinions.
Thanks again!
Ron