Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-24-2013, 08:53 AM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Pentax K-3 sales in Sweden

Pentax K-3 seams to sell well in Sweden.
To my knowledge there is no official statistics for our market. But as one of the bigger web-based camera retailers I think Cyberphoto's list of "most sold the latest month" (mest sålda senaste månaded) works as a proxy thermometer for the Nordic market.
Pentax K-3 is now up on third position behind two Canon bodies. It is the first time in a while that I have seen two Pentax offerings on the top ten with the K-30 on the 10th position. Note that this is always for the specific combo listed. It is a pity they don't sum up how much each body sells, whatever lens that (doesn't) come with it.

hus=body
svart=black

11-24-2013, 09:03 AM   #2

I can also add that the Nordics is getting 100 K-3 limited (silver), all pre-booked. That is a nice trend change I think.
11-24-2013, 09:49 AM   #3
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Douglas_of_Sweden Quote
Pentax K-3 seams to sell well in Sweden.
To my knowledge there is no official statistics for our market. But as one of the bigger web-based camera retailers I think Cyberphoto's list of "most sold the latest month" (mest sålda senaste månaded) works as a proxy thermometer for the Nordic market.
Pentax K-3 is now up on third position behind two Canon bodies. It is the first time in a while that I have seen two Pentax offerings on the top ten with the K-30 on the 10th position. Note that this is always for the specific combo listed. It is a pity they don't sum up how much each body sells, whatever lens that (doesn't) come with it.

hus=body
svart=black
It's interesting that the K-30 still made it into the top 10 on the strength of sales of the black body alone. I wonder how the total sales of all colours of the K-30 ranks.
11-24-2013, 11:18 AM   #4
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by quarc Quote
I can also add that the Nordics is getting 100 K-3 limited (silver), all pre-booked. That is a nice trend change I think.
I can confirm it! They were really enthusiastic in the Pentax booth this year right?

11-24-2013, 12:05 PM   #5
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by pete-tarmigan Quote
It's interesting that the K-30 still made it into the top 10 on the strength of sales of the black body alone. I wonder how the total sales of all colours of the K-30 ranks.
Well, they just sold a bunch for peanuts to clear stock.
11-24-2013, 02:50 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice to see. Thanks
11-24-2013, 03:17 PM   #7
Veteran Member

I heard from a dealer that they haven't seen sales like this since the K10D days which was a big hit, too.
11-24-2013, 03:24 PM   #8
Pentaxian

Yep, they love the new ownership and promise big things ahead.
"They had a weird ownership structure before but Ricoh is putting a lot of pride in Pentax and really want them to grow"
"There's loads of things in the works at Pentax, and I can tell you that they have big things comming in Q1"
"The K-3 is getting wonderful press everywhere"

11-25-2013, 02:46 AM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by VisualDarkness Quote
Yep, they love the new ownership and promise big things ahead.
"They had a weird ownership structure before but Ricoh is putting a lot of pride in Pentax and really want them to grow"
"There's loads of things in the works at Pentax, and I can tell you that they have big things comming in Q1"
"The K-3 is getting wonderful press everywhere"
Good to read, thanks!

Anone else noting that the top 10 list has 4 FF bodies in it, including the more upmarket 5D III and D800 and just not the low end FF? I don't buy the "FF only has 5% market share" stuff some people spread here.
11-25-2013, 03:51 AM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Supernaut Quote
Good to read, thanks!

Anone else noting that the top 10 list has 4 FF bodies in it, including the more upmarket 5D III and D800 and just not the low end FF? I don't buy the "FF only has 5% market share" stuff some people spread here.
I think there are a lot of different kits available in the lower end stuff, while the full frames tend to sell as body only, pushing their numbers up a little in comparison. At least I know it is that way on Amazon.