Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-01-2013, 11:48 PM   #16
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by DogLover Quote
I am positive that will get fixed, and probably in the first FW update.
To be honest I'm more excited about this firmware upgrade than actually when I got the camera. I suppose I need to tell myself not to have high expectations incase Ricoh doesn't address what most people have posted and therefore I won't get disappointed as much.

12-05-2013, 11:07 AM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Here's an email I received today from RICOH about the K-3 grip - Christmas will be a stretch for delivery.

Thank you for contacting RICOH. The D-BG5 grip is on back order from the manufacturer. We have not received any information relating to a problem with the grip's design. We do not know when the grip will be in stock at dealers but hopefully it will only be a matter of a few weeks. I would advise you to keep checking at www.pentaxwebstore, www.bhphotovideo.com and www.adorama.com. You may also want to check at www.amazon.com. If you are in need of further assistance, please respond to this email or call our technical support center at 800-877-0155.
12-05-2013, 11:23 AM   #18

My grip is shipped B&H

Dear HARRISON,

We are pleased to inform you that the following items from your order have been shipped. BG-5 Battery Grip for K-3 DSLR Camera

Funny enough it still says out of supply on the B&H site so they must be getting small amounts periodically.
12-06-2013, 04:04 AM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by harrisonww Quote
Dear HARRISON,

We are pleased to inform you that the following items from your order have been shipped. BG-5 Battery Grip for K-3 DSLR Camera

Funny enough it still says out of supply on the B&H site so they must be getting small amounts periodically.
When did you order your grip - maybe there is hope for Christmas yet!

12-07-2013, 03:14 PM   #20
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RockvilleBob Quote
When did you order your grip - maybe there is hope for Christmas yet!
Well I ordered mine 22nd October and I received an email Friday that batteries and grip were on their way.
Checked the UPS tracking info on line and burst out laughing.
Its got to be wrong but they way I read it UPS sent it to Auckland, New Zealand but then sent it on to Australia ! (see below)
Attached Images

12-10-2013, 05:37 PM   #21
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
I spoke with B&H this evening. B&H was informed by Ricoh that the grips should ship shortly. According to B&H that means any day now. Still hoping for Christmas. I spent a day shooting in the snow and ice and changing batteries was no fun with frozen fingers.
12-17-2013, 04:27 PM   #22
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Santa is going to have to put ram jets on his sleigh to deliver the BG5 by Christmas. They must have sold several million or broken the manufacturing recipe? Any day now is clearly loner than a week.
12-24-2013, 05:19 PM   #23
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
It is on Santa's sleigh - let's hope it works

We are pleased to inform you that the following order has been shipped. (If this email was sent on a Sunday or a Legal Holiday, your order has been packed and will be shipped on the next business day.)