Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-30-2013, 11:41 PM - 2 Likes   #16
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Transit Quote
Couldn't stand more than a couple of minutes, that guy needs a script.
gap fillers like 'this is what I'm talking about' got me before the ums.

beside that, glad he likes it
Nah, if I used a script it would be less "real..."

Actually the more I do it the better I get so now it's just awful. And I just took a year off so I need to warm up a bit.

But I do need to try to do a better job of it, I never thought I'd have over 5000 subs and 1.2+ million views.

11-30-2013, 11:57 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Qwntm Quote

Actually the more I do it the better I get so now it's just awful. And I just took a year off so I need to warm up a bit.

But I do need to try to do a better job of it, I never thought I'd have over 5000 subs and 1.2+ million views.
Performing on camera is just really, really difficult!
12-01-2013, 03:08 AM   #18
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by crewl1 Quote
When he talks about the K-3 plus limiteds in his small kit he says 'weathersealed', so that should probably be qualified.
Interesting point

I once took a photograph underneath a running waterfall with a MX and 50mm 1.7
Camera and lens have worked ever since

So what is "weather sealed" ?
I suspect it is more with the camera than the lens - although I admit lenses have become more electronically dependent since the M 50mm f1.7

Trevor
12-01-2013, 04:25 AM   #19
Pentaxian

Thanks Ed, I always view your vids - appreciate your candor and common sense advice. Keep them coming.

12-01-2013, 05:33 AM   #20
Loyal Site Supporter

Yes, Ed. I want to put in another vote of appreciation. Your videos are helpful and encouraging. Thanks for doing them and sharing your enthusiasm with the rest of us.
12-01-2013, 05:49 AM   #21
Pentaxian

Ed put up a new one...

We've got to hang in there....

Well my K-3 is also sharp, I'm a quick learner
12-01-2013, 06:26 AM   #22
Loyal Site Supporter

Mine is also sharp and I love it. But we do need to work on technique when using long/heavy lenses w/o a tripod. Note that Ed's main advice was to use a tripod. That is not an option for me most of time. So it does seem to be a trade off between the excellent sharpness and use in low light with long focal length. I took some pictures yesterday of a woodpecker in deep shade with a 50-135 and then a 60-250. None of the pictures were great but the extra speed and smaller size/length of the 50-135 made it much easier to get a reasonable picture. With the K-5iis there was little difference in outcome except that the 50-135 was faster. I expect more practice with the K-3 and the 60-250 will narrow the gap for me. This is a really fine camera. With shorter lenses the pictures have been fantastic.
12-01-2013, 06:30 AM   #23
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
I spend half an hour on Ed...................Where can I get my money for that time?
Yup, that's one half hour of your life you're never going to get back.

He is enthusiastic, but I've seen more of his videos. In his first K-5 IIs video, he was raving about how it might make the 5D II obsolete. Then in the next video, he said that wasn't the case after all. In the third video, however, he said that he didn't see any difference in the final prints. Same kind of thing for the Nikon 1 series videos. All I'm saying is, he has been enthusiastic before. His videos reflect what he thinks at the time of shooting, which is why I like watching it too, because it balances out the numerous reviews by guys who seemingly don't let any emotion in. But what he thinks may change.

12-01-2013, 06:42 AM - 1 Like   #24
Pentaxian

Brick Walls

I think we need to go back in our learningcurve and start shooting brick walls as we did with the K-7 and K-5 when they arrived. Just think of it, we are just simple Pentax-users
12-01-2013, 09:22 AM   #25
Lens Buying Addict

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by starbase218 Quote
All I'm saying is, he has been enthusiastic before. His videos reflect what he thinks at the time of shooting, which is why I like watching it too, because it balances out the numerous reviews by guys who seemingly don't let any emotion in. But what he thinks may change.
The undercurrent is relief, excitement, joy, awe that this camera shows something positive about Pentax having a future now that Ricoh has "proven" they're all-in for the long term, versus a prior video where his foundational sentiment was, "Pentax as a camera company basically went away in 2006."

Thanks, Ed!
12-01-2013, 09:53 AM   #26
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
The undercurrent is relief, excitement, joy, awe that this camera shows something positive about Pentax having a future now that Ricoh has "proven" they're all-in for the long term, versus a prior video where his foundational sentiment was, "Pentax as a camera company basically went away in 2006."

Thanks, Ed!
Yeah, I remember the video about the K-5 II release, and how the glass was either half empty or half full. With the K-50 and K-500, K-3 and the lens releases, the glass appears to be half full.

I'm still expecting a revamp of the DA* line though. I feel Pentax is lacking in that area.
12-01-2013, 05:00 PM   #27

Photos: Albums
Keep the videos coming Ed, there are many of us who really enjoy and benefit from what you are doing. Much appreciated.
12-01-2013, 05:23 PM   #28
Pentaxian

Good onya Mate, I liked the second one you just did
12-01-2013, 05:50 PM   #29
Site Supporter

I like Ed and think at least he is honest in his reviews and like the fact he genuine. He has Very Valid points on the K3's learning curve.
12-02-2013, 07:23 AM   #30
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Episode 3: