Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-01-2013, 08:30 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Is there a low cost Canadian extended warranty somewhere?

Wondering if any reputable Canadian sellers offer (or will offer) a low cost extended warranty for the K3, without breaking the bank.

In the past, I used to purchase my Pentax cameras in one store which offered an extended warranty that cost quite a bit: one year extra for $139.00 and 2 years extra for near $250.00 !!

I took the plunge with one camera a while back, a K20D, and I was my only such purchase for an extended warranty. The camera never failed ! I sold it and I would assume it is still running .... no news from the buyer ever.
On the other hand, I had to send my K5 a "few" times for repair and of course I hadn't taken the extended warranty.

JP

12-02-2013, 05:53 AM   #2
Veteran Member

We have 2 years in Canada and if you buy with many credit cards, you get 3 yearsfree
12-02-2013, 06:08 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by bobmaxja Quote
We have 2 years in Canada and if you buy with many credit cards, you get 3 yearsfree
What he said.
12-02-2013, 10:22 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bobmaxja Quote
QuoteOriginally posted by bdery Quote
What he said.
Thanks guys!
That will make the purchase much easier to digest !

JP

12-02-2013, 12:24 PM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote
Wondering if any reputable Canadian sellers offer (or will offer) a low cost extended warranty for the K3, without breaking the bank.

In the past, I used to purchase my Pentax cameras in one store which offered an extended warranty that cost quite a bit: one year extra for $139.00 and 2 years extra for near $250.00 !!

I took the plunge with one camera a while back, a K20D, and I was my only such purchase for an extended warranty. The camera never failed ! I sold it and I would assume it is still running .... no news from the buyer ever.
On the other hand, I had to send my K5 a "few" times for repair and of course I hadn't taken the extended warranty.

JP
London Drugs in western Canada also offers an extended warranty.
12-02-2013, 12:29 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Warranty? I've had my *istad form10'years, the K10 for 8 years (although it did break once but out of the 2 year warranty, the K7!for about 5 years and the K5 for 2 years, with no failures.

Warranty does not protect you from what you need the most. Protection from yourself. That's called insurance
12-02-2013, 01:30 PM   #7
Veteran Member

I'm a firm believer that if your camera has not failed you in the first 6 months, chances are that camera will not fail you in the next 2-3 years either - considering the fact that you are treating it right.
Now if you buy an extended warranty for if in case you damage it and want it replaced... that's another story.

The price of the extended warranty as far as I have seen, depends on the store you are getting it from. I have never heard of $250 for a camera though ...
I remember when I bought my K10D from Henrys, they offered an extra 2 years on top of the 2 year warranty for around $60-$80!? I didn't take the offer and the camera worked just fine for years... and years... and it still does