Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-05-2013, 08:43 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
UPS and all the other carriers are working at full capacity - some over capacity - since this is the largest volume of packages shipped the entire year. My UPS driver told me today in his 15 years working there this is by far the heaviest he has ever seen it.

UPS stupid? I think that is being a bit harsh. If you could see what goes on inside these large terminals when the volume is like this you might see the reason for a slight delay here and there. Is this such a perishable item that a one day delay is going to ruin the product?

12-05-2013, 08:51 PM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stormtech Quote
UPS and all the other carriers are working at full capacity - some over capacity - since this is the largest volume of packages shipped the entire year. My UPS driver told me today in his 15 years working there this is by far the heaviest he has ever seen it.

UPS stupid? I think that is being a bit harsh. If you could see what goes on inside these large terminals when the volume is like this you might see the reason for a slight delay here and there. Is this such a perishable item that a one day delay is going to ruin the product?
I think the OP is just a bit frustrated or disappointed. I doubt he really thinks UPS is stupid. I get a bit frustrated with them sometimes, too, but only with the people that set my local routes. I'm on a route with a bunch of commercial customers that all have to be hit during business hours, so residential doesn't even get started on until after that. Makes everything I get very late. I registered online with UPS so that I can have them hold anything that I'm anxious for or that needs a signature at their center, which is 10 minutes from me.
12-05-2013, 09:03 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stormtech Quote

Dude. Chill. It's an expression. See the smiley in the original?

Right now however it's TWO days delayed. Unless it shows in the next hour. I appreciate my driver and have an excellent rapour with him. I don't fault him. This package went nowhere near any winter storms. It should have made it. I do fault the bad customer service as I noted in the OP. That's inexcusable to be rude.

Yes they have a heavy load. But they also have a responsibility to do a good job.

I will live with the delay. The worse part is since it was shipped signature required then *I* am held hostage all day waiting for it to be delivered because they cannot at least update the status in a timely manner to show a true date and honor that.
12-05-2013, 09:11 PM - 1 Like   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by klkitchens Quote

I will live with the delay. The worse part is since it was shipped signature required then *I* am held hostage all day waiting for it to be delivered because they cannot at least update the status in a timely manner to show a true date and honor that.
I can agree with that. My shipment from B&H also showed the signature required so I made arrangements for someone to be here yesterday which was the original scheduled delivery day. Good thing I checked the tracking info again for some reason yesterday morning as it was moved to today.

My regular driver is here like clockwork between 3:00 and 3:30 pm - today he pulled in at 5:05. Man was he frazzled - a quick glance in his truck and it was still full of packages. He told me he estimates that he will be back to the terminal around 11:00pm tonight. That was the end on the conversation when I told him that he had better be on his way then!

12-05-2013, 09:23 PM   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Glad I'm not the only one biting my fingernails about a UPS delivery. I ordered a lens from B&H last weekend, decided not to upgrade the shipping, figuring it would arrive in a week. Got the shipping information, the estimated delivery date is tomorrow, Friday (urrr, but ok - arranged to take the day off). That's tomorrow. I just checked the status at the UPS website - it still says only that it left the New York facility Dec. 1st and is supposedly on-time for delivery tomorrow. Only problem is that packages usually are unloaded at the UPS facility in Ontario CA (or somewhere else like that), then onto another truck that will go over the Grapevine to Bakersfield and then on the local delivery truck back across half of the Grapevine. It doesn't look like it's arrived in California yet. Guess I'll keep my alarm clock set for it's usual 3:45 am and check to see if it's been scanned into somewhere in California (I've seen things arrive in Ontario in the evening and be delivered the next day). If not then I guess I'll go to work tomorrow. I'm getting concerned as I need the lens delivered by Tuesday. I'm SO regretting not paying for 2 day delivery!
12-05-2013, 09:31 PM   #21

Well im not ordering mine until the end of December early January so hopefully all the Madness will be over and Ill get mine in time. But I may be picking mine up in a shop down in Phoenix but they say that they have to order it and that may take two weeks. So im thinking I may go for the B + H or Amazon route.

I do have a question how long does it take normally to get it from B +H or Amazon? I saw someone that had it 125.00 dollars cheaper through Amazon but I never heard of the seller. DavisMax.

any input?
12-05-2013, 09:42 PM   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Chicomalo Quote
Well im not ordering mine until the end of December early January so hopefully all the Madness will be over and Ill get mine in time. But I may be picking mine up in a shop down in Phoenix but they say that they have to order it and that may take two weeks. So im thinking I may go for the B + H or Amazon route.

I do have a question how long does it take normally to get it from B +H or Amazon? I saw someone that had it 125.00 dollars cheaper through Amazon but I never heard of the seller. DavisMax.

any input?
DavisMax is the one I bought. Though from their end it was fine. Ordered Saturday and it shipped Monday for Wednesday now Thursday now Friday??? delivery.
12-05-2013, 10:01 PM   #23

I was wondering what is the return policy is it through Davismax or is it through Amazon. I know B + H has a great return policy and Adoroma too. But how does Amazon handle the problems that arise do they just let you hash it out with the seller or does Amazon step in and takes care of it. I know one time I brought some thing through Ebay and tried everything to resolve the issue. Ebay ruled in my favor but the guy skped I never got my product and I was out 150.00 dollars. This was a few years back but man I dont want to pay out 1000.00 + and not get my product be out the money

12-06-2013, 05:20 AM   #24
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Ok... so delivery day #3 is here... status is now by end of day today, the 6th. However now we have "Out for Delivery", so you never know...
12-06-2013, 06:07 AM   #25
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I bought a couple Vivitar lenses from a Goodwill in Oregon. They were shipped the day before Thanksgiving and arrived yesterday, despite the disruption notification and original delivery estimate of Dec. 6. The UPS guy just left the package outside the door, he didn't even ring the doorbell. If the package had been sent by USPS I would have had it by Nov. 30, Dec. 2 at the latest.

Name:  Screen Shot 2013-12-06 at 8.04.04 AM.png
Views: 497
Size:  89.6 KB
12-06-2013, 06:27 AM   #26
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Chicomalo Quote
I was wondering what is the return policy is it through Davismax or is it through Amazon. I know B + H has a great return policy and Adoroma too. But how does Amazon handle the problems that arise do they just let you hash it out with the seller or does Amazon step in and takes care of it. I know one time I brought some thing through Ebay and tried everything to resolve the issue. Ebay ruled in my favor but the guy skped I never got my product and I was out 150.00 dollars. This was a few years back but man I dont want to pay out 1000.00 + and not get my product be out the money

When you buy from a 3rd party on Amazon, make your payments through Amazon. Then, if there's any problems, you contact the seller first (again, through Amazon). If they can't / won't / or unsatisfactorily resolve your problem, you then contact Amazon and they'll do what they can to make things right. Amazon has an amazing customer service policy, they won't stop working until you are truly satisfied, they'll often even accept your suggestion for resolution (ie. partial refund for missing parts, etc.)!
12-06-2013, 03:24 PM   #27
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Well, no brown truck today... instead it was a UHAUL rental delivering packages. Whew! Finally.
12-06-2013, 06:58 PM - 1 Like   #28
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm a homesick Canadian expat, but this thread makes me realize that I do not fully appreciate one of the advantanges of living in New York City. Delivery is almost always super-speedy - I frequently get packages DAYS earlier than what the website indicated. And of course I live in the same city as Adorama and B&H. And then there's the advantage of living in a doorman building - the concierge accepts delivery, I pick it up when I get home, and I "unshop" on the weekend. (I can also just drop packages at the front desk, and the various shipping companies just take them back.)

Of course, that also might explain why my credit card bills are high.
12-06-2013, 08:10 PM   #29

Yeah you got it right? So any way got to ask was everything like a new package and all factory supplied accessories in the box?

The reason I want to know is, because it was from an unknown vendor. Do you think they are in the up and up

125.00 dollar difference may not seem much to some people but it still is a savings compared to B+h and Adoroma. They do have their names backing up their great customer service. Just wondering. How everything went.

Chico
12-06-2013, 08:23 PM   #30

Saw your answer in another post ummm I think ill stick with B +H or Adoroma if i dont get mine from the shop in phoenix