Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-04-2013, 02:06 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Stupid UPS! K-3 delayed one day...

Ordered the Amazon deal, but from another vendor... shipped on Monday, slated for today delivery... just one state away... Tracked it from Miami to south of Atlanta where it arrived last night there... one more stop and then on a truck this morning to my house...

BUT NO!

Sat in the 9:00pm last night status all night and all day today.

I call UPS to see if there is an issue. The delivery date still said today by end of day, but the tracking scans were stuck at last night's entry. So something wasn't right and I wanted to know if I should expect a delay.

So I call them and explain how they are always really good about updating tracking to the minute, so something seemed wrong. The lady's response "Well, sir, you'll have to wait until all the tracking scans have uploaded, but it will be delivered today."

"Ok, we'll see if you're right."

Not 30 minutes later: EXCEPTION - expect one business day delay.

ARGH!

I'm done. Thanks for reading.

12-04-2013, 02:07 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

I ordered something that shipped from California on Monday. Says priority mail 2-day but the ETA is 12/6. Makes no sense

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

12-04-2013, 02:09 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
I ordered something that shipped from California on Monday. Says priority mail 2-day but the ETA is 12/6. Makes no sense
As an ebay seller, I have shipped to California with Priority Mail (from Georgia) and it's gotten there in 2 days. But to Florida or Alabama it's taken 3-4. Odd.
12-04-2013, 02:11 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Pretty busy time of year. Expect exceptions I'd say.. Patience has it's rewards.

12-04-2013, 02:14 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter

Somebody ordered a k-5ii delivered to Australia from B&H. I ordered mine the same day to Alabama. They've got theirs. Mine still says it will be delivered tomorrow. I feel your pain.
12-04-2013, 02:22 PM   #6
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Steve.Ledger Quote
Pretty busy time of year. Expect exceptions I'd say.. Patience has it's rewards.
Yep, this is one of the busiest shipping weeks of the year. No doubt that's a factor.
12-04-2013, 02:23 PM   #7
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Steve.Ledger Quote
My Silver K 3 was delivered to day from B&H 15 min before I got home from the Doctors so of course it was not left because of Signature required. Disappointment deluxe!!!!!!!!
12-04-2013, 02:40 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter

Ok, I ordered a Q7 from Japan last week with an expected delivery between the 7th and the 10th...it came today. Go figure.

12-04-2013, 02:44 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by klkitchens Quote
EXCEPTION - expect one business day delay
consider yourself lucky it's not friday :-)
12-04-2013, 02:51 PM   #10

I ordered K5II with couple of limiteds from B&H on 2nd Dec early morning with overnight shipping so I can get it on 3rd morning. B&H shipped one day late with 4th 10:30am guaranteed delivery still UPS delivered it today at around 2pm.

Looks like B&H and UPS both are busy because of Black Friday season, good for economy good for us
12-05-2013, 07:12 AM   #11
Site Supporter

Original Poster
It's en route again... made it to my terminus UPS facility, but would normally say "Out for Delivery"... hope it is and they didn't lose it -- or use it!
12-05-2013, 08:43 AM   #12
Boc

Photos: Albums
don't worry, the biggest electronics retailer in my country went off the charts this years on a premature black friday sale. so the delivery company (guaranteed 24h shipping in the whole country) they had exclusive contract with ended up with a 2-3 day backlog. So it was a 2-3 day delay for hundreds of thousands of people. so it's really that time of the year (shopping shopping shopping... )
12-05-2013, 03:46 PM   #13
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Worst time for me was a few years ago when I pre-ordered my K-7 from Amazon. On the day it became available I watched the UPS tracking go from Amazon's warehouse to the UPS facility, then right back to Amazon flagged as "Exception: damaged package." Then Amazon canceled the order and I had to re-order. At least Amazon (or UPS) paid for overnight shipping on the re-order, but I didn't get it the day I had expected. So much for pre-ordering, but I'm glad they returned the original package rather than sending it to me to return.
12-05-2013, 06:31 PM   #14
Site Supporter

Original Poster
It's en route again... made it to my terminus UPS facility, but would normally say "Out for Delivery"... hope it is and they didn't lose it -- or use it!
It's now 8:30pm here. Nothing. Status is still delivery by the end of today. Big lol.
12-05-2013, 07:28 PM   #15
Pentaxian

It's now 8:30pm here. Nothing. Status is still delivery by the end of today. Big lol.
I've had deliveries by UPS as late as 9 pm this time of year. I've also had "delivery by end of days" that never showed. Wishing the former for you.